Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: ripleybl, VF15 and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Geauga Dog » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 pm

^I disagree as the show is continuously being shown somewhere. If anyone gets ME-TV (here in Cleveland it's Channel 19-2) they show two hours of Brady Bunch reruns every Sunday from 11 AM to 1PM. The sad thing is that every time I see the Kings Island episode I always wish to go back to that time and visit the park in its infancy.

It would be different if it was the Partridge Family, who also did an episode at the park around the same time.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Even if no one knows who the Bradys are anymore, it will still make the local news outlets, which amounts to free advertising for the park.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rcwizard13 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Well actually, I am 15 and not only know what the Brady Bunch is but thoroughly enjoy watching re-runs. My family watched them all the time as we grew up. Also, I know that there are a couple of my friends (high-school aged) that like the Brady Bunch. So, I don't know about you, but to me that more than confirms the fact there are people under 35 who have seen the Brady Bunch.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:12 am

Looks like FUN Perks will not be returning for 2013.

"Dear Valued Customer,

We hope you are looking forward to all of the fun and excitement that is in store for the 2013 season at Kings Island. Opening day is just one week away - Saturday, April 27!

As we prepare for the 2013 season, we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our guests and provide more value, especially for our most loyal guests - our season passholders.

One such way was the FUN Perks program introduced last year. We were pleased with the participation, but after a lengthy and thorough evaluation of the program, we are working on other ways to provide more value for our season passholders in the upcoming season.

As a thank you for your participation and support, please click here for an exclusive coupon that allows you to bring a friend to Kings Island during any public operating day thru May 27 for just $9.99 or from May 28 through September 2 for just $19.99. You must present your 2013 season pass along with the coupon to receive this exclusive offer.

We look forward to seeing you at the park this summer!

Sincerely,
Greg Scheid
Vice President & General Manager
Kings Island"

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Coaster Curt wrote:The thing is that no one under 35 remembers ever seeing anything Brady, it just seems to me to be a really long reach to get people at the park.

This statement really isn't that true either. I am 26 and know them well, as do lots of people my age.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Coaster Curt wrote:The thing is that no one under 35 remembers ever seeing anything Brady, it just seems to me to be a really long reach to get people at the park.

Please!

I grew up with all those shows!

MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA!

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 pm

The show is a classic and the park is not just trying to please younger people. They want people in there 40s and 50s to bring their entire family to the park. The PR department isn't always going for the young crowd when doing promotions or special guests. The bonus is that since the show is such a classic there are many young people that know the show. I think it is a great idea.

Delirium is the rox0rz

Postby PKIDelirium » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 pm

HTCO wrote:Looks like the dino in front of the park has fallen over due to high winds in the area. :cry:

Stuff out in front of the parking lot has no luck apparently. The original marquee sign got knocked down in a wind storm ten years ago in 2003.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby bonsaiisuperstar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 am

Yeah, they have needed a row of trees along the front of the lot for years. Instead, they just continue to fix all the stuff the wind destroys because of their poor planning. Maybe i'll explain this to them next Saturday when I'm there. I'm sure they are concerned of blocking the view.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 am

PKIDelirium wrote:
HTCO wrote:Looks like the dino in front of the park has fallen over due to high winds in the area. :cry:

Stuff out in front of the parking lot has no luck apparently. The original marquee sign got knocked down in a wind storm ten years ago in 2003.

This is what happens when you have Dinosaurs in captivity... call PETA lmao
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!