TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

So...Kings Island is getting a 300ft new thrill ride next year, the announcement is tomorrow, and the park hasn't hyped up or hinted towards the attraction AT ALL until this afternoon?

W.T.F...

It sounds like a starflyer just because if it were a coaster with that type of height, some sort of construction would have started already.

I think something like this would be nice for a park like Michigans adventure. They lack decent whirl and twirls. Any news on Michigans adventure next year?

So...Kings Island is getting a 300ft new thrill ride next year, the announcement is tomorrow, and the park hasn't hyped up or hinted towards the attraction AT ALL until this afternoon?

W.T.F...

My thoughts exactly. Being the KI homeboy I am, I'm really suprised I heard nothing about this anouncement until a few hours ago, and its only about 13.5 until the big announcement. Shame I'll be working Coney from 10-6.....Oh well, cant wait to come home and find out or get texted by JZ/Ted (I have a feeling ONE of them will end up spilling it...)

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/rides/thrill_rides/windseeker.cfm

WindSeeker to debut at Kings Island in 2011

301-foot-tall swing ride to send adventure seekers soaring

If you think riding Drop Tower at Kings Island is a thrill (and it is – riders enjoy a breathtaking view of the region as they ascend toward the sky, then take a 26-story freefall at 64 mph), wait until next year!

Kings Island will continue to change the landscape for thrill seekers in 2011 with WindSeeker, a 301-foot-tall tower that will spin riders 30 stories above the park. Seated in two-person swings that will allow their feet to dangle, riders will slowly begin rotating in a circular motion as the swings ascend the tower. At the top, the swings will reach speeds up to 30 mph, flaring out 45 degrees from the tower. WindSeeker will accommodate 64 riders (32 swings) per ride cycle.

"The addition of WindSeeker reflects our commitment to providing our guests with world-class thrills, fun and fantastic family entertainment," Kings Island vice-president and general manager Greg Scheid said. "Soaring 300 feet above Kings Island will provide an exciting ride experience for our guests."

WindSeeker will be located in the Coney Mall section of the park near the Vortex ride exit.

The $5 million ride is manufactured by Mondial (pronounced mohn-DEE-ahl), a 23-year-old Dutch-based company. Riders must be at least 48 inches tall to ride and will be secured with individual over-the-head lap bars with interlocking seat belts.

WindSeeker will make its debut when Kings Island opens for the 2011 season in the spring.

Located in: Coney Mall

KI_Windseeker01.thumb.jpg.6c064e05e82cf7adf6956ad7bd917c29.jpg

KI_Windseeker02.thumb.jpg.245cc89890c6ba6c9b0bdf8b6906db7f.jpg

KI_Windseeker03.thumb.jpg.c5c097af53bdd4c20d1d78e9fdc26dfb.jpg

KI_Windseeker05.thumb.jpg.0f232795e5619599f6000e770d5ab1af.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Aha! I totally forott Knott's!!! thank you

but I don't like the fact that 4 parks gets the same ride

Why don't you like Cedar Fair saving money by ordering four identical rides at once? Would you feel better if only Cedar Point got the ride? Maybe only Cedar Point and Knott's, would that be better than 4 parks getting it?

The vast majority of people won't visit more than two parks in a typical year, probably a lifetime.

It's a good move for Cedar Fair if it keeps the general public excited at 4 of their largest parks and it's a hell of a lot better than no rides going into the 4 parks.

They seem a little close to be getting identical rides the same year.

It could make for some funny confusion with the GP though. I look forward to overhearing the GP at KI talk about how they have the same ride at CP except 500 feet tall.