TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Referencing an earlier post^^ Demon a.k.a Screamin' Demon was approx where the (I forget the name) big flume/splashdown ride is near Delirium. (I got the chance to ride it as my first coaster slightly over 30 years ago. It was off by itself near the old monorail)

Diamondback is on new ground mostly (tho I think that is where they had the little island you could actually canoe out to-((see the Brady Bunch episode where they visit the park))--which became Swan Lake, which became Diamonback's Splashdown or Snake Lake if you prefer.)

No the lake your thinking of in the Brady Bunch show was under the Beast station.

correct me if i'm wrong and i looked into it before i asked, but are diamondback and behemoth getting new b&M breaks? look at the mid course break runs and the first break looks different from the others. Same goes for the Final break run
It's probably just a mag brake before it hits the pinchers. I'm pretty sure that Silver Bullet and Patriot have them as well.

Well they still use friction brakes, but the magnets assist the friction brakes which reduces wear on the brake shoes and allows the trains to stop smoother in a shorter space.

Yes, because they need the friction brakes afterward so they can control the train. The magnets don't move, therefore are only good for stopping the train, not controlling the speed.

Gotta love up close picture of magnetic brakes!

All B&M's after Silver Star have that magnetic mount right before the friction brakes.

I don't believe that is completely true. I know for a fact Hydra the Revenge at Dorney Park does not have magnetic brakes. I also believe the Superman Ultimate Flight's at SFGADV and SFGAM do not have magnetic brakes either. Hydra was built in 2005, the Superman Ultimate Flight's were built in 2003, and Silver Star was built in 2002.

Its been atleast 2 minutes, why isnt a new piece of track up yet?

With that in mind, I'm heading up to KI today for one last Deathbat/Beast/Vortex/Diamondback/other ride fix before I head back to college this saturday.

2 new pieces of track are up as of the park closing today. It looks like they are constructing the brake run first. I wish I had a camera to get a pov shot of it. Its so high up, and there looks like there is little room for the actual brake run/turn around after the water splash area.