TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Quick question for the locals, in October during the Halloween event it looks like the park is open 11am to 7pm on Sundays, are the houses open on Sundays or is it just rides only without the Halloween event stuff running?

Also, during the Halloween event is Fast Lane the same price or are there different levels of Fast Lane available for the rides and the mazes?

We're planning a trip in October and it doesn't look like any of the Halloween info is available on the website yet.

Sundays there are no haunted houses open. Sundays are great for riding the coasters as there are usually no lines. Friday is great for Haunts + Rides and you likely won't need a FL. I'm sure it wouldn't take much research to see when the local high school prom nights are - go during those weekends. FL for Haunt is cheaper than the attractions FL, but I'm 99% sure the Haunt FL is only valid 1 per haunt, you know the hole punch per haunt style.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Our date are pretty much set on the weekend of Oct. 21st, just not sure what day we would be going yet. We do have little kids so we're trying to figure out some combination of day time and hour with and night without kids so we'll see.

It looks like that weekend is the 10K/Half marathon at the park, any idea what kind of additional crowd that brings on a Sunday?

Quick question for the locals, in October during the Halloween event it looks like the park is open 11am to 7pm on Sundays, are the houses open on Sundays or is it just rides only without the Halloween event stuff running?

Also, during the Halloween event is Fast Lane the same price or are there different levels of Fast Lane available for the rides and the mazes?

We're planning a trip in October and it doesn't look like any of the Halloween info is available on the website yet.

Fright Lane tends to vary from Friday night to Saturday night. If you go on a Friday night and are lucky enough to catch the local high schools (Mason, Kings, Little Miami) with home football games, typically you can get through the majority of the haunted houses. Saturday nights are crazy and without Freight Lane, is almost impossible to get through all of the houses.

It is a hole punch method like mentioned in an earlier post, you get fright lane for each haunted house one time, with the option of a "free one", that way you can go back and choose which ever house you want to do a second time.

My wife and I go every Friday night, and almost always buy fright lane, mainly because we both like to move as quick as we can due to baby sitter restrictions.

Also, an added value with Freight Lane is the golden key that comes with it, which gives you access to secret rooms in select haunted houses. Not anything major that you would miss out on, but a nice addition for sure.

Sunday's during the haunt are great unless your kids are Planet Snoopy age. Planet Snoopy on Sundays in the fall usually are ridiculously crowded while rides like Diamondback are walk ons. They usually have trick or treating with Dinasours for the kids and Soak City has some Halloween activities for young kids.

My wife and I go every Friday night, and almost always buy fright lane, mainly because we both like to move as quick as we can due to baby sitter restrictions.

As someone who has worked various MN haunts for the past 6/7 years, I thank you for leaving your kids at home so you don't complain later about us scaring your kids.

As someone who has worked various MN haunts for the past 6/7 years, I thank you for leaving your kids at home so you don't complain later about us scaring your kids.

I, as well worked at Halloween Haunt at Kings Island for a couple of years. I could not believe the ages of the children that parents were bringing through the houses, and like you said, would get mad at us for them being scared.

What are Labor Days at KI like? Planning on stopping in on the way back to Cleveland from Dollywood.

Almost any holiday/holiday weekend is crazy busy at Kings Island. However, there is always the option of buying a fast lane pass, which would allow you to get on more rides than if you chose to wait out the lines with the rest of the crowd.

What are Labor Days at KI like? Planning on stopping in on the way back to Cleveland from Dollywood.

Almost any holiday/holiday weekend is crazy busy at Kings Island. However, there is always the option of buying a fast lane pass, which would allow you to get on more rides than if you chose to wait out the lines with the rest of the crowd.

I know the weekend is but how about the actual day of Labor day? If CP is any indication, CP is always pretty empty. Wondering if KI is the same way.

I know the weekend is but how about the actual day of Labor day? If CP is any indication, CP is always pretty empty. Wondering if KI is the same way.

Wish I had a better answer for you, typically I stay away from the park on holidays or the weekends surrounding the holiday. I do know, Kings Island has dollar days going on that weekend (2-5), where you get hot dogs, pizza, ice cream, and other options for only a dollar. Which could help with an increase in traffic within the park.

Less then 1 hour till the next announcement, can't wait to see what they have planned!

I'm really hoping to hear that they are going to bring back Winterfest, although I don't think that will be the announcement. Hopefully, we end up with something more than the Dodgems like Dorney picked up.

I'm guessing that it's going to be a plants vs zombies conversation of the Dino theater.

I'm going with this prediction as well!

Would that then get rid of Urgent Scare for Halloween Haunt? Keeping that open year round, instead of closing it off for Halloween Haunt. Not that it's not overdue to be replaced with a new haunted house/attraction.

My hubby, friends and I are planning on a trip to Kings Island on Saturday, October 8. None of us have ever been during their Halloween event so are Saturdays pretty crazy busy? What is their Halloween event like? It's open 11am-1am that day and we're planning on being there for the long haul.

My hubby, friends and I are planning on a trip to Kings Island on Saturday, October 8. None of us have ever been during their Halloween event so are Saturdays pretty crazy busy? What is their Halloween event like? It's open 11am-1am that day and we're planning on being there for the long haul.

Saturday's are very busy for Halloween Haunt, I would recommend buying Fright Lane to get front of the line for the haunted houses, if that's your goal. Or fast lane if your goal is the roller coasters. The park is open 11a to 1a, but the houses don't open until 6 or 7p. The outdoor one's might not open until 8p. I enjoy Halloween Haunt a lot, the houses aren't all that "scary", but with that being said, I have been going every Friday night for the last 5+ years, so I have the houses laid out and know what's going to happen next.

Saturday's are very busy for Halloween Haunt, I would recommend buying Fright Lane to get front of the line for the haunted houses, if that's your goal. Or fast lane if your goal is the roller coasters. The park is open 11a to 1a, but the houses don't open until 6 or 7p. The outdoor one's might not open until 8p. I enjoy Halloween Haunt a lot, the houses aren't all that "scary", but with that being said, I have been going every Friday night for the last 5+ years, so I have the houses laid out and know what's going to happen next.

Thanks! My hubby and I were just there 2 weeks ago so I got to ride the coasters then but we'll definitely look into the passes. With it being said, I love being scared to death and we all love going ghost hunting when we get a chance.

182441382_Wintefestlogo.thumb.jpg.ddbd7c20800a1b1259cfbb2e339251cb.jpg

Kings Island Announces the return of Winterfest for 2017!

After a 12-year absence, the long awaited return of WinterFest will provide Gold season passholders and Tristate residents with four seasons of fun at the 364-acre amusement and water park.

The focal point of WinterFest will be the world’s largest Christmas tree display with the park’s iconic 314-foot tall Eiffel Tower decorated with thousands of lights which will be seen for miles.

Below the Eiffel Tower, International Street will be transformed into a colorful and quaint winter village, featuring the fun of holidays past – outdoor ice skating on the park’s Royal Fountain, Christmas carolers, and homemade crafts.

Tasty foods, colorful gifts, live stage shows, fun rides, and of course, Santa’s workshop will all be part of WinterFest’s warmth and excitement.

Rides will include the Grand Carousel and a journey through the park’s Rivertown area on an authentic steam train.

Operating dates, hours and ticket prices for WinterFest will be announced at a later date. The event will be included free for 2017 Gold and Platinum season passholders.

More details: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/winterfest

Edited by robbalvey