TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^Maybe this is prep work for replacing Son of Beast with "Bulldozer: The Ride."

Chuck, I can only hope! The latest 'dirt' I have on SOB is that the rose bowl will be gutted, and then replaced with an out and back section.

Texas Giant treatment? I'm all for it. But at the same time, I'm on the boat with...the amount of money, effort, and advertising it will take to turn this ride around....just get rid of it!

I'm fine with either I've enjoyed SOB not operating this season!

^To be honest, when I rode Hurler a few weeks ago, I found it much rougher and a heck of a lot more painful than Son of Beast. Other than the Rose Bowl, I don't find SOB overly rough. The ride is just very boring, which is why I dislike it.

I would say the two are about even for me . If Hurler were smooth, Hurler all the way!

GG is like two minutes away! Seriously, I could see a nice Gravity Group coaster going there. One that'd maybe take a third or fourth spot in MH's coaster poll.

During the tour of their office, I did see a folder with "Kings Island" on the tab! But they are already there, and have been doing work on the Beast for a few years, from what I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my family to Kings Island for our first trip on Saturday. We took advantage of the morning ERT on Diamondback and The Beast. Loved them both. The floater air on DBack is fun (though the coaster was more tame than I expected), and the closing helix of Beast just rocks, especially on the night ride. Great park overall, and we will definitely be back.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100823/NEWS01/308230049/-1/NLETTER06/Kings-Island-to-unveil-tallest-ride?source=nletter-nletter-breakingnews

MASON - Kings Island will add a new thrill ride for 2011 that will “change the skyline” of the park.

Park officials said they will announce plans for the ride at a press conference on Tuesday.

The type of ride is unclear, and Kings Island is giving few hints on the subject.

“The only thing I can tell you is that it will stand taller than Diamondback,” said Don Helbig, Kings Island spokesman.

That suggests the new ride will be taller than 230 feet – the height of Diamondback’s initial hill.

Diamondback, a $22 million steel roller coaster, opened in 2009 and is the park’s last major addition.

How about world's highest game of Cornhole? Ontop of the Eiffel Tower!

I'm not sure if I'm just remember something wrong, but didn't this happen once before with some other Cedar Fair ride? I seem to remember a lot of talk about a link on a teaser page leading to a ride at another Cedar Fair park and it just ended up being some random leftover code or something that resulted in the link and wasn't intentional. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about or am I just crazy...?

No, it was earlier than that. It was a teaser website and one portion of it accidentally linked to a ride that already existed at another park which led people to believe they had some correlation when in reality it was just a mistake on the website creator's part. Oh well, regardless, it will be interesting to see if this plays out to be anything meaningful. I guess we won't have to wait long to find out.