Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: The Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

It seems like Cedar Fair has been pushing Windseekers as significant thrill attractions/a major addition, which explains why they announced a name change, new trees, and TVs in a Cabana...
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 am

Map.
XtQMJ.jpg
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 am

The GP is flippin' the tits out on their Facebook right now. I feel like this is a necessary and wise addition on KI's part. Infrastructure is needed, and after Valleyfair got that treatment, their Soak City is now thriving & doing very well. Hush hush little fanboys, it'll be okay.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby asimowalk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:24 am

PKI JizzMan wrote:40th anniversary. Sigh.

Well, many were less than impressed up north at CW with Windseeker as our 30th anniversary attraction. Just look at what we're getting for our 31st... Anniversaries really mean nothing in terms of major new attractions.

I think if the waterpark needed improving then there's no stopping them. There's no point waiting another year so something better can come at a certain time when things need fixing now.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am

^^I honestly think park pages are some of the worst things on that entire site. It's absolutely insane on there. And I can't imagine being the marketing guy who has to deal with it all.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:42 am

They've also promised sand volleyball courts and more shade with Boomerang Bay...and that didn't happen haha. It also looks like they will have to remove parking spots. So, not sure how that's going to help, if that's what will actually happen.

Okay, the announced the "Action River" will be 2,000ft long. So I believe that will be longer than the existing one. Still, with The Beach Waterpark right across the street; who already has a bigger wavepool with bigger waves AND better "action/anti lazy rivers" I'm a bit confused. The waterpark needed cleaning up and this is a step; but they have bigger issues at hand in the park, park. I was expecting new slides. Like I said, aside from the 2004 additions...the rest are old and very bland, and you can find any other slide at any other park. Hopefully they will clean up the old slides some, because all the body slides are painful.

I don't think I've ever been in the wavepool before haha. As long as it brings more people in to spend nickles! ...to put towards a new coaster. In the end, for friends my age and I, we don't have anything to go to Kings Island for aside from Diamondback, Drop Tower, or Halloween Haunt.
Chi life, live music, coasters, and traveling the world.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 am

Kings Island to double size of water park

The Kings Island amusement park in Mason announced a major expansion at its Boomerang Bay water park, changing its name to Soak City.

Kings Island, which is owned by Cedar Fair Entertainment said it will add 3,000 square feet to its wave pool and make enhancements to its volley ball courts and lawn areas. It also will add 1,000 lounge chairs, more shaded areas for pool-goers and new family dressing rooms. The new improvements will be ready for the 2012 season, the park said.

The water park expansion is the latest enhancement at Kings Island, located just north of Cincinnati. The park this year added a swing attraction called Windseeker and the Dinosaurs Alive animatronic dinosaur park.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2011/09/02/kings-island-to-double-size-of-water.html

More info on the park's website here:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/soakcity/2012/index.cfm
277056_155893938367_405607_n.jpg
xtqmj.jpg
Last edited by ernierocker on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:57 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:09 pm

While I am not a waterpark person, it's nice to see them continue to spend money on this park. One thing that I find odd, is that I was at a q&a a few years ago, and was told that they could not expand the waterpark due to the power lines that were there. I don't recall the lines being moved when I was there a few months back, but this could change between now and 2012.

A Question I have is, "is this something that was needed?" I mean the waterpark was a decent size as is, and there is the beach waterpark just around the block.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Although I wish the expansion could of came with a new slide, I'm very excited! I may not be the biggest water park fan, but Boom..Ugh, I mean Soak City is very popular (Actually most water parks that come with park admission are), so this definitely will bring in a LOT of money!

I'll start off with the entrance, it looks very welcoming and permanent, where the Boomerang Bay entrance looked cheap and temporary. The new wave pool is HUGE! I know Great Barrier Reef is always packed, so this will be nice to have two options! I am most excited for Action River. In 2008 I went to Schlitterbahn Galveston, they have "Torrent River", and it is INTENSE! Seriously, if Action River is anything like it, you will spend probably half your time in it! Lastly, anyone notice the new path leading to Snowy River Rampage? I was thinking it may have been an error, but part of the new Action River is that non-swimmers can interact, probably meaning shoot water. Just like White Water Canyon, this will probably have a new viewing platform on the new path leading the Snowy River Rampage. This path will be highly appreciated by me considering SRR is my favorite slide in the park, I will no longer have to walk up/down the steep stairs that have leaves all over them!

I'm very impressed with this announcement, and I can not wait to visit next summer at Soak City-the fun and only (in Southern Ohio) :P
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Zeppelinfreak » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 pm

I think this looks great and was definitely needed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!