Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 pm

^ If it in any way mirrors the Hercules removal and planning/construction of Hydra, I think you might be looking at 2012 at the earliest.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby csikoth » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:45 pm

http://www.cetconnect.org/KingsIsland/ I thought the documentary was good.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:41 pm

csikoth wrote:http://www.cetconnect.org/KingsIsland/ I thought the documentary was good.

Yeah it was quite good thanks for sharing

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Snoopy's coming to the Island.

http://visitkingsisland.com/events/even ... 4&ec_id=11

Sadly, it's true...

I've already said my opinion like a hundred times and multiple threads, and I'll say it again. Kids don't know who Snoopy is. He comes on only a few times a year, and there hasn't been a new episode in years. Although my parent's somewhat grew up with Snoopy, they also said the same thing when I told them KI is switching to Snoopy. My sister said "Really? No kid loves Snoopy like they love Spongebob and Rugrats... It makes me really mad, I remember when it was Hanna Barbera, I didn't really know some of the shows but I knew most of them and loved them. And I still love Nickelodeon and Scooby Doo." My 20 year old sister who knows nothing about the amusement industry even thinks it's a horrible move for Kings Island and Cedar Fair. I think next year on Amusement Today's Golden Ticket award, Kings Island won't win "Best Kids area", I think it'll go to Mall of America's Nickelodeon Universe instead. Good move KI... -_-
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:52 pm

It's kind of funny, but I was able to get on Firehawk for the very first ride of the day, the day it reopened. Kind of scary. :?r
Snoochie Boochie

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Poiple » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 pm

The press release mentions they're replacing the Nickelodeon and Scooby-Doo theming. I wonder how they're going to redo Scooby-Doo and the haunted castle. Great Pumpkin perhaps? That's the only "spooky" Peanuts related thing out there.

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 pm

^^^ Don't you just love how they boast about the awards in the article? And now they're totally taking that away from themselves.
Last Credit: Stinger (Dorney Park, 4/28) -- Bringing coaster count to 83

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby arson » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 pm

I don't get it. Do people plan vacations around Golden Tickets? I always thought it was lamer than the Academy Awards: you already know who's going to win, and winning doesn't mean a park really is the best of the best.

Plus, like I said in the thread for Canada's Wonderland's Planet Snoopy, it's all about money. It's cheaper to have Snoopy, and it doesn't matter if kids "know" who he is or not, since Snoopy will just become associated with whatever park he's featured in.

There's also the timelessness of Snoopy. Nick is so focused on what's on the cable channel right now... in ten years, it will need a revamp. Snoopy is done, creatively, so it's more stable. It's in Cedar Fair's best interest to keep the Snoopy franchise and dispose of Nick (besides... KI's Nick Central was already starting to show it's age last year).

The only thing that really worries me from this point, is that only Canada's Wonderland announced any actual new family/kiddie rides. Carowind's Intimidator animation left out one or two rides from the current Nick Central (though it could be a limitation on the part of the animator), and with this announcement that Scooby Doo is also leaving, I don't know what's going on quite yet (I don't know if they mean the character appearances/ice show, or the dark ride). So there are still some unanswered questions.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 pm

I also think it's a bad idea that KI is switching to Snoopy. I do like the Peanuts theming (sort of) at places like Cedar Point, but at King's Island it shouldn't be. I've always liked the Nickelodean theming at KI. Kids are more familiar with that than with Snoopy.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:20 pm

coastermaniac wrote:I also think it's a bad idea that KI is switching to Snoopy. I do like the Peanuts theming (sort of) at places like Cedar Point, but at King's Island it shouldn't be. I've always liked the Nickelodean theming at KI. Kids are more familiar with that than with Snoopy.

+1

I agree with that 100%. They are making a mistake. This obviously shows that Cedar Fair either does absolutely no research on it's young audience, or just doesn't care to pay for the rights for the Nickelodeon franchise. Or both.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!