Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1606 - Halloween Haunt Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:40 am

^ Any pics of the progress? Haven't heard anthing about this or what's going on at PKI for a while, now.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:25 pm

Supposedly a press release is coming out on the 26th.....I havent heard anything, yet....Ill search!

New Passes!

Check it outttt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyrUr4ouJQ
07_KI_Adult.jpg
Adult KI Pass
07_KI_Parking.jpg
Pass + Parking
07_Maxx_Adult.jpg
MaxxPass Adult
07_MaxxPlus_JR.jpg
MaxxPlus Jr.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Methinks I might actually give Son of Beast another chance if the trains are any good. The loop was the smoothest part of the ride, so removing the loop actually makes me want to ride it less. I'll wait for the reviews.

For all I care, they should tear it down and put a good ride in there.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:20 pm

Here is a pic of the restraints being taken out back in '03 (from epki)
I guess if they were just modifying the restraints it wouldnt take too long...
sobscrapbars.jpg
old bars

Delirium is the rox0rz

Postby PKIDelirium » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:27 pm

Oh god those old bars SUCKED so bad. At least the new ones with the sidebar padding don't break your legs like those did.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 am

Ohhh....those were the old ones, not just same ones? Ohhh yeaaa...I had bruises on my knees because of those evil things!!!

Site Admin

Kings Island Announces "Firehawk" - Old Xflight

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:56 pm

Press Release:
http://www3.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/n ... tem_id=480

Firehawk Debuts at Kings Island Memorial Day Weekend

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio – Kings Island celebrates its 35th anniversary in 2007 by soaring to new heights with its 14th roller coaster, Firehawk. Debuting Memorial Day Weekend, this innovative flying coaster propels willing test pilots 115 feet in the air and through five inversions at speeds of more than 50 mph – all while facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

The best of the best begin their mission just behind Flight of Fear roller coaster in Coney Mall. After boarding their four-across yellow and red pilot seats, guests are lowered backward and begin their ascent up the 115-foot-tall red and steel gray lift hill, only to be flipped over and jetted at top speeds through ½ mile of steel track over the course of 2 minutes and 30 seconds!

“The addition of Firehawk reflects our commitment to combining one-of-a-kind thrills with fantastic family entertainment,” said Greg Scheid, Kings Island’s vice president and general manager. “We’re looking for some real thrill seekers who are ready and willing to fly. What a way to celebrate our 35th anniversary!”

Firehawk joins a portfolio of 13 award-winning, industry-leading roller coasters including The Beast (the world’s longest wooden coaster), Son of Beast (the world’s tallest and fastest wooden coaster), Flight of Fear (the world’s first coaster with LIM launch technology), Vortex (the country’s first six-inversion coaster) and Rugrat’s Runaway Reptar (the world’s first inverted coaster for children).

Kings Island opens for weekend operation Saturday, April 21. Gates open at 10 a.m. Daily operation begins Wednesday, May 23. Boomerang Bay™ opens Saturday, May 26. For more information about Kings Island, guests can call the park at (800) 288-0808 or visit www.pki.com.

Fact Sheet:
Manufacturer: Vekoma International

Track Length: 3340 feet

Ride Speed: 51 mph.

Height: 115 feet

Angle of descent: 30 degrees

Inversions: 5

Hourly Capacity: 400 guests per hour per train

Riders: 24 (6 four-passenger rows per train) 2 trains

Ride Length: 2:30 minutes

Height Requirement: 54”

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:02 pm

This is a suprise! :lmao:

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:02 pm

I am not sure if I will end up going to the park this year. I will probably wait till next year. Let them work out any bugs that may arise and hopefully let lines die down.
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby cjeagle35 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:02 pm

Certainly not much of a release. I was hoping for some digital imaging. I'm wondering how the ride will fit into the area and how it will be themed. Also I'd like to hear from the park how this ride came to KI and what the management thinks of it.
So hoping for a bit more info, and some quality photos and videos.

While Vekoma coasters are far from the best, I definatly think this is the most excitement Kings Island has experianced for sometime, not since 2000 has there been this much interest in Kings Island. So kudos to Cedar Fair for adding something to the park that they haven't had for a while, a thrilling coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!