TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Well does Snickers unscramble to anything?

It unscrambles to come back in a couple months and we'll announce our new ride. Maybe Snickers will be a sponsor.

Maybe that person just likes Snickers. They are pretty tasty... I could go for a Snickers right now.

Apologies for the double post.

Things are starting to get really interesting over at the site. Some spooky scarecrow-like figures have appeared on a few of the footers. One has also been placed right at the gap in the gate looking out into the park.

photo.JPG.874d6a6a094629dd311ff65cdf5a24b5.JPG

This guy just about spooked me the first time I saw him right there at the fence.

photo(1).JPG.5c131e936f177155a6de98680f676745.JPG

Here are a couple more. So far things seem to be lining up with the possible banshee theme.

A quote from rcdb.com,

Initially, Mantis was to be named "Banshee". In Irish folklore, a banshee is a female spirit whose wail was said to foretell a death in the family. After this definition was printed in a local newspaper, the "Banshee" name was dropped in favor of "Mantis". The original "Banshee" logo would later come to be that of Dorney Park's Steel Force

Apologies for the double post.

Things are starting to get really interesting over at the site. Some spooky scarecrow-like figures have appeared on a few of the footers. One has also been placed right at the gap in the gate looking out into the park.

Can't say I have seen a park do that before. Interesting!

Did anyone consider those scarecrows might be a teaser for the upcoming Halloween Haunt and don't have anything to do with the construction of the attraction?

KI could be playing with you guys and 1) throwing everyone off on speculating on what the ride is. 2) getting some early publicity for Halloween Haunt

On the subject of Vortex, Kings Island reassured Vortex would not be taken out (for how long, I don't know) to a person commenting on their recent Facebook photo of Vortex reaching it's 40 millionth rider. That person said "When ever I see statistics like that I always think that you're going to close the ride. Don't take out Vortex!" and KI responded "No worries!"

Not something major, just reassurance. Also, looks like most GP adore Vortex.

On the subject of Vortex, Kings Island reassured Vortex would not be taken out (for how long, I don't know) to a person commenting on their recent Facebook photo of Vortex reaching it's 40 millionth rider. That person said "When ever I see statistics like that I always think that you're going to close the ride. Don't take out Vortex!" and KI responded "No worries!"

Not something major, just reassurance. Also, looks like most GP adore Vortex.

The PR person that is running their social media may not be privvy to that kind of info. Not doubting you, but it's definitely not a guarantee its going to stay either.