Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: The Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Has anybody shown up the half hour early to get walked back to Diamondback and The Beast as a ClubTPR member yet? I'm curious as to how it works, and I need to make sure I can bring my guest with me!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon May 09, 2011 1:43 pm

^ I did it last June on my first trip to KI. I guess that the Gold Pass Season Pass holders get to go back too, so we just got to go back early with them. I got 7 consecutive rides on Diamondback in the rain. It was awesome. We then walked back and got on the first train of Beast. It was an awesome perk.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Mon May 09, 2011 1:44 pm

^^
@Traincrossin No morning walkback to The Beast & Diamondback. Early rides for Gold SP on WindSeeker & Vortex this year.
Link

I'm not sure if Club TPR members will be able to get early rides though.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm

It was just recently added to the ClubTPR benefits list, that's why I was asking. Odd for it to be added but not actually happen?

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 pm

I think Robb just updated Kings Island's benefits so i'd check again.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 am

^Yeah, I emailed him and we figured it out. Sounds like it's Vortex and Windseeker this year, once the latter is open. For now, it's still The Beast and Diamondback.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Tue May 10, 2011 9:49 am

angryemobeaver wrote:
DOCTOR DOOM!!! wrote:Does anyone think this park will be crowded tomorrow?!

Its Kings Island, when isn't it crowded? But yes I'd assume it'd be crowded. Whatever you do, don't go Sunday! It's bring a friend day which will make it automatically be very busy, plus all the people going for after prom.I live in Indianapolis and I know almost everyone going to prom is also going to KI Sunday.

Too late! Perfect day to go!
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Tue May 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Windseeker was just briefly about a third of the way up the tower.
Windseeker1.jpg
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Tue May 10, 2011 5:12 pm

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/news/newsletter/index.cfm?item=174

Dinosaurs Alive! 3D is a captivating adventure of non-stop dinosaur action that will enthrall guests of all ages at Kings Island this summer with its unique look at the entire age of dinosaurs.

WATCH THE TRAILER

Launching May 26 on the giant screen (63-feet wide x 27 feet tall) in Action FX Theater at Kings Island, the 10-minute show brings dinosaurs, their behaviors and their ancient environments to life through the use of Dolby 3D glasses on the screen as never before seen – juxtaposing stunningly realistic and scientifically accurate computer generate imagery (CGI).  Using state-of-the-art techniques, the filmmakers have created an array of amazingly life-like creatures based on the latest fossil evidence so that audiences can experience these creatures on the giant screen. 

Guests will meet and learn about Tarbosaurus (a close relative to Tyrannosaurus Rex), Velociraptors, Protoceratops, Seismosaurus, and more. They will witness dinosaurs locked in mortal combat, nesting in colonies, protecting their young, and facing catastrophic forces of nature. They will also learn which ones traveled in herds, which made nests, which were the predators and which were the hunted and other surprising behaviors in this amazing show. 

Dinosaurs Alive! 3D is suitable for all audiences and an exciting film for dinosaur lovers from age 3 to 93. 

Also debuting May 26 is the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park, Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island.

Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island features more than 60 life-sized dinosaurs, including 56 animatronic dinosaurs, in a spectacular outdoor 12.5 acre Jurassic forest setting. 

The highlight of Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island is the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur, the Ruyang Yellow River dinosaur, which measures an incredible 72 feet long, 12 feet wide and 30 feet high!  Other highlights include an excavation site replica and kids’ did area.

Dinosaurs Alive! outdoor attraction and film are not included with general park admission or a 2011 season pass. A separate admission ticket of just $5.00 for the outdoor attraction or just $7.00 for both the outdoor attraction and 3D film is required.

DAILY OPERATION BEGINS THIS FRIDAY

BOOMERANG BAY OPENS MAY 21
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Dinosaurs Alive! outdoor attraction and film are not included with general park admission or a 2011 season pass. A separate admission ticket of just $5.00 for the outdoor attraction or just $7.00 for both the outdoor attraction and 3D film is required.

UPCHARGE for the movie too? Heck, I rather put up with the annoying SpongeBoob than that! :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!