Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby SonOfBeastSucks » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:43 pm

Chadley wrote:But...I would still rather see Mean Streak become the site for the worlds biggest weanie roast!

Oh, I have to disagree! Mean Streak is horrible and has absolutely nothing going for it, but at least you can get through it without breaking the skin! SoB is horribly painful, but Mean Streak is much less painful, not to mention boring. (IMO, IMHO, etc....)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby kingdanny » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:48 pm

Maybe there really is an arsonist in PKI. If there is, people will probably forgive them for burning SOB. that might be good for PKI actually. It clears up alot of land that could be used for a new coaster. cough::King Cobra::cough.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby pcw guy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:53 pm

why do you guys hate SOB so much, I don't mind it

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby easytoremember » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:15 pm

ya, it is smooth now that they retracked it. It was not painful at all when I went. The second row was smooth as glass. It was the smoothest woodie I have ever been on actually.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:24 pm

^you're about the 5 different person that said that. It "has?" been retracked, but only around the helix-sections right?
I would wonder if they take away two cars from the train it would have a different result too.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Accident on Son of Beast

Postby TheKlockster » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Ok - this just happened - and facts are sketchy. Two of the local channels are reporting from the park - and have showed a train stopped on the lift, empty. I am assuming that it was evacuated.

As for the other train - it appears that SOMETHING happened - and that people had to be rushed to the hospital. There was a bump - and the train stopped mid course. At least 5 people went out on stretchers - and as many as 25 could be injured.

WCPO News Coverage of Accident

I hate to see people get pwnt on Son of Beast. It is one of my favorites!

2005, 2006: Arrow Dynamics D59150-1186 / HUSS Maschinenfabrik 26731

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:45 pm

Im suprised that when it operates normally that people arn't carried off the ride in stretchers after the ride is over!

Colin C

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby methylene » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:57 pm

Does this mean they can finally tear it down and replace it with something fun like a go-kart track?

:)

Matt
There is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:02 pm

I wonder if it was another Premier train wheel breaking off the ride like on Chiller.

A few less people get to ride it now in the long run, I better sell my stocks of Tylenol, and buy more stock in Morphine for those in the hospital. I hope no one was seriously injured, no more so than a typical ride on that monstrosity.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:04 pm

^If anybody is injured more then how much the ride already injures you, they are all dead! No, but hopefully they are all okay, maybe just a hard E-Stop or something, or a flying wheel, that too...

Colin C

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!