TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Firehawk opened this afternoon. It had one train and one station operational with a three hour line.

They were dispatching every ten minutes or so. I hope they take care of the issues quickly, there were a lot of people PO'd.

It wasn't so much the ops as mechanical issues. IMO, they shouldn't have opened until next weekend, I think it should have had more testing and training.

The transfer switch was apparently broken, preventing the other train and station from being used.

Hmmm, maybe Cedar Fair's smarter than we think. I've never seen so much excitement over a marginal relocated coaster in my life.....and it hasn't even left the state!

Perhaps they can just start an Ohio coaster rotation program, and simply move 'em on a yearly basis.

Since when whas there a POV of SOB on KI.com?

Hehe, the POV has been edited so that you can never see the loop. Why does it look so smooth in that video? Did SOB use to be smooth?

It was smooth as glass when I rode it in the summer of 2005. I rode it in the second row, and it was the smoothest woodie I have ever been on.

I agree. There were also a crap load of lap bars and foot padding in this box.

I went down today and was surprised to see on of my friends from school (PR Intern) speiling in the "Pre-line" they were making on the runway. All they have done for this coaster, including my corny t-shirt, has been perfect when it comes to pulling in the crowd. Other than my 3 hour wait, it seemed tons slower than I remember it up at GL. The whole park's atmosphere has changed into a cluster, I just hope the ride and park get themselves adjusted quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm here at Coaster Con XXX (30) and today I was on my way over to Top Gun taking some videos when I saw people working on the SOB for once. When I got off the ride and was taking more awesome videos from the exit path I noticed a crane in the tranfer area and a bunch of people working.

Well I waited 5 more mins and low and behold, the front car of a train was pushed to the front of the tranfer track! I've heard they've been waiting on trains for a while, and I guess this is exciting news since its been down forever. Here are a couple of pics!

467332904_SOB2.jpg.9a724492f311597809fbdb9ed1a6974b.jpg

SOB.jpg.fc2b47fe889dc8afa82b15ee700f40d3.jpg