TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Generally speaking, the first time a train is run for the season parks will use dummies, sandbags, etc. to simulate weight because all of the moving parts are kind of "stiff" since they haven't run in a while, regardless of temperature. I remember when Rampage ran it's blue train for the first time of the 2005 season. It was probably at least 85 and even with the sandbags it CRAWLED the first couple of cycles.

Apparently, the BMW Mini-cooper license has expired, so instead of renewing it (surprise!), Cedar Fair has decided to strip the coaster's trains of their theming/character.

The trains have been reassembled so that all three cars on each train is the same color (blue, blue blue--red, red, red--white, white, white), the BMW logos have been removed from the front of each car, and the fun little doors on the cars have been removed.

Here is a photo of Kings Dominion's BLSC on its opening day (from pkdcoaster):

I, personally, am VERY disappointed to see this change...

I heard a rumor that the Crypt was going to get the water effects readded and the sound track from KD and the volcano theme from Great America. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen but has anyone else herd this?

^ Not sure about the music but the water won't happen. Apparently the water and fog from the Tomb Raider days caused too much moisture buildup in the room. This caused the ride to have even more mechanical problems. I would love for it to happen but it won't

@BLSC: Lame!

Glad to see LSHoF testing again! Can't wait for the season to start up, especially with the beautiful weather thats been in Ohio for the last week... Does anyone know if they've settled the Platinum Pass situation yet? I remember there was some dispute on here about them changing the renewal situation a while ago or something? Either way I still need to renew mine.

Generally speaking, the first time a train is run for the season parks will use dummies, sandbags, etc. to simulate weight because all of the moving parts are kind of "stiff" since they haven't run in a while, regardless of temperature. I remember when Rampage ran it's blue train for the first time of the 2005 season. It was probably at least 85 and even with the sandbags it CRAWLED the first couple of cycles.

The lube which helps the wheels turn needs help warming up. The CCMR at CP needs three full cars sand-bagged if it goes below 70 overnight- and always needs at least one car bagged at all times- partially because it is such an old coaster. Raptor is the same way, except that they use people (!)

Anyways, I asked this question on one of the I-305/KD threads and no one answered, so I'll ask it here: Are the Boo Blasters attractions going into KD and KI going to have fully new scenery or did they just remove Scooby Doo and his posse and leave everything else?

^ Looks to be at least some new scenery. There are some pics on KI's Facebook page. They have also confirmed that "guests can choose to have a 3D experience", aka pay more money for 3D glasses.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=213751&id=155893938367

It is kind of fun to watch the sandbags being unloaded from CCMR. They just throw them over the side of the station and hope they don't hit something

^ Looks to be at least some new scenery. There are some pics on KI's Facebook page. They have also confirmed that "guests can choose to have a 3D experience", aka pay more money for 3D glasses.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=213751&id=155893938367

That looks like they just replaced Scooby and Shaggy. The organ was existing, they replaced Shag running in the circle, the brick wall existed, the bed, the table, the backgrounds are the same, etc, etc

^Thanks!

I can't wait to go to KI at some point. I've wanted to ride Beast ever since I first heard about it when I was 4 or 5. I know it probably isn't as epic as it was when I was 5 but I still look forward to it!