Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1626 - A look at Winterfest
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Stuff513 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 pm

^^ They actually removed the all the motion seats last year when they took Spongebob out and changed to the 3D Dino video, so unfortunately the actual "ride" aspect of the theater is now gone. I haven't seen the movie yet because I definitely was not going to pay to see it so I'm not sure how good it is or not, but I'm pretty sure they got new projectors for the movie so the quality should be really good, I'll have to check it out this year now that it's free. If nothing else though it should make for a nice 10 minute break from the heat!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Kings Island has sent us a press release regarding new food options in the park for 2012.

The Soak City Waterpark isn’t all that’s new for 2012 at Kings Island. Many new and upgraded food options have been introduced for Kings Island’s 40th anniversary season.

New food choices include fresh, never frozen hamburgers, gluten free pizza, philly cheese steaks, mega churros, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, gourmet burgers and battered fish and chips.

The all-new Coca-Cola Marketplace features a wide variety of healthier drink alternatives along with fresh salads, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks.

Hand-dipped ice cream bars that can be topped with an array of toppings in Planet Snoopy, a Bavarian pretzel and better tasting funnel cakes highlight the many tasty new treats.

A Dining Plan option has also been introduced on the park’s website at visitkingsisland.com. Guests choosing the Dining Plan can select from a number of meal and snack options during their visit. The Dining Plan is rolled up into one convenient e-ticket that includes park admission.

“The Kings Island food and beverage team is excited to roll out so many new food offerings to our valued park guests this season,” said Gary Gochenour, Kings Island’s vice-president, food and beverage. “During the winter our team focused on how we can enhance the guest dining experience at Kings Island. Park goers will be thrilled with all the new and exciting food and beverage items we have cooked up this year.”

Kings Island opens April 28. The park is closed April 29 for a private event and re-opens for weekend operation May 4. Daily operation begins May 11.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Stuff513 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:43 pm

@KIGMGREG Price drops? Yep, happening this weekend with water and pop prices around the park! Come out and enjoy the warm weather and have a drink.

I know I should wait to see how much they actually drop, but I am really really excited about this. $4 for a bottle of pop is too much. Lower prices on food and drinks should open people's wallets more to spend on merchandise and other things. Hopefully they continue to reevaluate some of their pricing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed May 02, 2012 3:08 pm

I am excited for the new food options. I try to eat as healthy as possible and that is not always easy at parks. But knowing they will have healthier choices when I go in a few weeks makes me that more excited for my first time to this park.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby noahman12345 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 pm

is fast lane worth it? (i really hate lines especially since i dont got no friends to go to amusement parks with) so will this help cut down on lines

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu May 03, 2012 4:16 am

Cincinatti.com is reporting that Son of Beast will remain standing but not operating (SBNO) this season while the park still figures out what to do with it.

[Don] Helbig [Kings Island spokesperson] said there are no plans to operate the Son of Beast roller coaster this year and the park is still evaluating options.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 03, 2012 4:56 am

Here's my humble suggestion.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:19 am

^^ Or refurbish it into the world's tallest Rocky Mountain Looping Aquatrax coaster.

Postby alilstronger » Thu May 03, 2012 8:03 am

As much crap as Son of Beast gets I am am still going to hate seeing it when I go in a few weeks and not be able to ride it.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 03, 2012 8:14 am

^I would just hate seeing it, period. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!