TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I will going to the park for the first time Memorial Day weekend and I am so excited. I know probably not the best time to visit since it will probably be crowded but I am stingy with my vacation time at work and did not want to use any. I figure two full days (Saturday and Sunday) will be plenty of time to get the park finished up if I hustle. I do plan on getting to the park each morning before they open and stay till they close. Some questions I have:

-Is the water park worth a visit? I am HUGE water park enthusiast but do not want to waste time if its not worth it

-Rides with the longest lines usually?

-I am coaster whore so I want ALL credits. Do their kiddie coasters require a kid?

And any other info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I can not wait to ride Beast!!! I will make sure to get a front and back seat ride in both day and night hehe

^Great Pumpkin Coaster, the Miler kiddie, requires a child. You'll be fine on Flying ACE Aerial Chase (Jr. Suspended) and Woodstock Express (small family wooden coaster). Be warned: hit up that section right away, because the queues can get prohibitively long very quickly!

Definitely consider Fast Lane. It worked perfectly for me last year, and appears to be even more comprehensive this season. If you don't buy it, head to low-capacity rides like Invertigo ASAP.

I would highly recommend riding Firehawk and Flight of Fear first. Those lines get ridiculous by the end of the first hour. Firehawk's is painfully slow moving. Diamondback and Beast will have long lines as well, but they move pretty much constantly; I usually save them for night rides.

I will going to the park for the first time Memorial Day weekend and I am so excited. I know probably not the best time to visit since it will probably be crowded but I am stingy with my vacation time at work and did not want to use any. I figure two full days (Saturday and Sunday) will be plenty of time to get the park finished up if I hustle. I do plan on getting to the park each morning before they open and stay till they close. Some questions I have:

-Is the water park worth a visit? I am HUGE water park enthusiast but do not want to waste time if its not worth it

-Rides with the longest lines usually?

-I am coaster whore so I want ALL credits. Do their kiddie coasters require a kid?

And any other info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I can not wait to ride Beast!!! I will make sure to get a front and back seat ride in both day and night hehe

Soak City should be worth visiting this upcoming season because of the improvements. Usually Soak City is very busy until the last hour when people flock back to the dry-side, so I would wait until 5pm to go to Soak City.

With a Platinum or Gold Pass you get one hour early entry to rides such as Invertigo, Diamondback, Flying Ace's Aerial Chase, and a few other Planet Snoopy attractions. I would start the day off by riding Inveritgo since it has low capacity and draws people in with it's front of the park location and bright color scheme. Next I would get Flying Ace out of the way and get a few rides on Diamondback before the park opens.

Next go to Firehawk and Flight of Fear for park opening because they both have hour+ lines on normal occasions. FYI, the best experience on FoF is the front seats of each car, near the front of middle of the train. For Firehawk I like the back for the loop inversion, but it really doesn't matter on this ride. After finishing up X-BASE, I recommend heading up Coney Mall while riding Windseeker, Vortex (best seat is BY FAR the front seat of the last car, 7-1!) and of course Backlot Stunt Coaster. Generally by now crowds will have taken over most of the park, so lines are getting longer everywhere.

What I would do is head down toward Action Zone, but riding both sides of Racer (I like the very front seat and the second to last seats the best) and Adventure Express on the way. Action Zone is the busiest section of the park most times, so everything should be 30 minutes+. Do not skip Delirium or Drop Zone, these two rides are my favorites anywhere! If it is hot out, Congo Falls is located in this area. If you like Skycoasters or Slingshots, usually in the morning tickets are only $5-$10, you can buy them then and ride whenever. Top Gun is tucked away by Son of Beast, it won't have a line so you can get plenty of re-rides. Like any Arrow coaster, I love the second to last seat, great air on the first drop!

By now I assume you're hungry, I usually get Skyline Chili or Panda Express, but there are many other options, plus there are restaurants outside of the park including a Chipotle! By now I also think its around 4pm, so Soak City is dying down, a great time to ride all of the slides with small waits! If you like water rides, White Water Canyon is right by the train station, making it quick to get back-and-forth from Kings Island to Soak City. Once it gets darker, Planet Snoopy dies down making it the best time to pick up any other credits or checking out the dark ride.

Coney Mall is beautiful at night, you should have time to get a few rides in over there then a night ride on Diamondback before ending the night on a night ride on Beast! For the second day you basically get to re-ride whatever you want. Top Gun is great a night ride along with Adventure Express since they are in a wooded area of the park. And also remember that no trip to Kings Island is complete without a visit to the top of the Eiffel Tower, have fun!

^ Thank you so much for this!!! I greatly appreciate it. I am so exciting to be visiting a new park and am glad I am going with someone that has been so he can make sure I do not miss anything. The coasters all seem pretty cool except Firehawk which appears to be a replica of Batwing at Six Flags America and I have been on that countless times since SFA is my home park. I am glad to hear they have Panda Express!!! I will just eat that since its more healthy then most amusement park food.

Does this park have Chick Fil A in it? Kings Dominion does and I am obsessed with their iced tea hehe

^^ They actually removed the all the motion seats last year when they took Spongebob out and changed to the 3D Dino video, so unfortunately the actual "ride" aspect of the theater is now gone. I haven't seen the movie yet because I definitely was not going to pay to see it so I'm not sure how good it is or not, but I'm pretty sure they got new projectors for the movie so the quality should be really good, I'll have to check it out this year now that it's free. If nothing else though it should make for a nice 10 minute break from the heat!

Kings Island has sent us a press release regarding new food options in the park for 2012.

The Soak City Waterpark isn’t all that’s new for 2012 at Kings Island. Many new and upgraded food options have been introduced for Kings Island’s 40th anniversary season.

New food choices include fresh, never frozen hamburgers, gluten free pizza, philly cheese steaks, mega churros, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos, gourmet burgers and battered fish and chips.

The all-new Coca-Cola Marketplace features a wide variety of healthier drink alternatives along with fresh salads, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks.

Hand-dipped ice cream bars that can be topped with an array of toppings in Planet Snoopy, a Bavarian pretzel and better tasting funnel cakes highlight the many tasty new treats.

A Dining Plan option has also been introduced on the park’s website at visitkingsisland.com. Guests choosing the Dining Plan can select from a number of meal and snack options during their visit. The Dining Plan is rolled up into one convenient e-ticket that includes park admission.

“The Kings Island food and beverage team is excited to roll out so many new food offerings to our valued park guests this season,” said Gary Gochenour, Kings Island’s vice-president, food and beverage. “During the winter our team focused on how we can enhance the guest dining experience at Kings Island. Park goers will be thrilled with all the new and exciting food and beverage items we have cooked up this year.”

Kings Island opens April 28. The park is closed April 29 for a private event and re-opens for weekend operation May 4. Daily operation begins May 11.

@KIGMGREG Price drops? Yep, happening this weekend with water and pop prices around the park! Come out and enjoy the warm weather and have a drink.

I know I should wait to see how much they actually drop, but I am really really excited about this. $4 for a bottle of pop is too much. Lower prices on food and drinks should open people's wallets more to spend on merchandise and other things. Hopefully they continue to reevaluate some of their pricing.

I am excited for the new food options. I try to eat as healthy as possible and that is not always easy at parks. But knowing they will have healthier choices when I go in a few weeks makes me that more excited for my first time to this park.

Cincinatti.com is reporting that Son of Beast will remain standing but not operating (SBNO) this season while the park still figures out what to do with it.

[Don] Helbig [Kings Island spokesperson] said there are no plans to operate the Son of Beast roller coaster this year and the park is still evaluating options.