TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Would Friday be a better day to go to the park even though they're not open as long?

Fridays will always be less crowded due to that fact; but it's also going to be 75 and sunny as well so expect more crowds. But usually in the past the first couple of weeks have less crowds. And around 11 or so the locals will get their last rides in; so you could get extra rides between 11pm-1am.

Would Friday be a better day to go to the park even though they're not open as long?

Fridays will always be less crowded due to that fact; but it's also going to be 75 and sunny as well so expect more crowds. But usually in the past the first couple of weeks have less crowds. And around 11 or so the locals will get their last rides in; so you could get extra rides between 11pm-1am.

All of this. Working every day of Haunt so far, I can definately see it being less crowded on Fridays since we dont have the extra crowds from company picnics that buy out the park post-season. At the very least, the park is EMPTY once 11ish comes around. Over the last few weeks I've had midnight hours with about 5-6 cycles on Scrambler, where it can usually get a good 11-14 per hour on busy days....

As for going to the aprk, I have all weekend off, so I'll probabbly check out the Haunt friday. May/may not get a fright pass if I care to do ALL the mazes, especially since I think this will be my last time to enjoy the park this season...

They open later because most of their employees who have to work Friday night have to stay until 3AM usually, when the park closes at 1AM. Trust me, two years ago I had to work haunt until about 3AM then had to be back to KI to open Diamondback at like, 9am.

Yuuuuup. Good 'ol Kings Island.

Pretty impressed with Kings Island this year. Operations were great, and the whole park looked really nice quite honestly.

-Beast gave a great ride a night

-Windseeker looks fantastic and is a nice addition

-Fast Lane is totally worth the money. Skipped 90 minutes lines all Saturday.

-Flight of Fear put a bunch of laser lights and stuff in the tunnel...simple but awesome!

-Diamondback hauling ass, seriously was awesome. At night all the fog fills in the bottoms of the drops; so much fun!

-Whole park completely decorated for Haunt

-Stunt Track has....new effects in the helicopter scene?!

But yeah on a Saturday where all parking was filled up, and over flowing out of Boomerang Bay parking, the only line the Fast Lane had us wait for was Firehawk. And they were running FL line to one station and the other line to the other station; 30 minutes for Fast Lane.

I actually had a great time, and I'm glad I didn't buy a pass. I won't buy a pass next year; and will probably just go once again in October.

Kings Island has sent us a press release about their Halloween offering involving Dinosaurs Alive!

There’s only one place where kids can trick-or-treat with life-sized dinosaurs: Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island.

Kids collect a T-Rex sized bag of candy in the shadows of more than 60 life-sized, moving dinosaurs, including the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur, the Ruyang Yellow River.

This is not your average trick-or-treat. There are candy stops, hundreds of pumpkins, prizes and crafts along the path in the 12.5-acre Dinosaur Park. Plus, kids will be able to uncover a giant skeleton at the dig site or decorate and take home their very own mini pumpkin.

The dinosaurs in the world’s largest animatronic dinosaur park are just half the fun. Everyone’s favorite rides and attractions are open during the day along with all sorts of family-friendly Halloween activities like a hay bale maze, petting zoo, costume contest, and so much more!

Trick-or-Treat with the Dinosaurs takes place every Saturday and Sunday in October from 11:00am until 6:00pm at Kings Island. A separate $5.00 admission ticket is required for Dinosaurs Alive!

Kings Island is open Friday nights from 7:00pm until 1:00am for Halloween Haunt; 11:00am until 1:00am Saturdays (Halloween Haunt begins at 7:00pm) and 11:00am to 7:00pm Sundays through October 30.

Pretty impressed with Kings Island this year. Operations were great, and the whole park looked really nice quite honestly.

-Beast gave a great ride a night

-Windseeker looks fantastic and is a nice addition

-Fast Lane is totally worth the money. Skipped 90 minutes lines all Saturday.

-Flight of Fear put a bunch of laser lights and stuff in the tunnel...simple but awesome!

-Diamondback hauling A$$, seriously was awesome. At night all the fog fills in the bottoms of the drops; so much fun!

-Whole park completely decorated for Haunt

-Stunt Track has....new effects in the helicopter scene?!

But yeah on a Saturday where all parking was filled up, and over flowing out of Boomerang Bay parking, the only line the Fast Lane had us wait for was Firehawk. And they were running FL line to one station and the other line to the other station; 30 minutes for Fast Lane.

I actually had a great time, and I'm glad I didn't buy a pass. I won't buy a pass next year; and will probably just go once again in October.

Missed you by a day for my day off in the park...Anyway I actually talked to Firehawk crew about their fastlane during the few hours I worked there. Doin it that way is annoying, but otherwise they're feeding a constantly refilling fastlane into both stations. Doing it that way, the same dozen or so keep reriding until they get bored, while everyone else stands in the same heat on an already blazing hot line. I guess they changed it so they could have a constantly moving line and one train always ready for fast lane....Did the seperater still send riders to the Fast Lane line to fill up trains?

The TPR member that works there NOW,

Jared

PS: I'll be working tonight , and probabbly pick up a shift somewhere on Sunday so make sure you swing by Monster/Scrambler/DOdgems if your in the park....