TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I'd think they are still at least slightly lighter. There are only three wheel assemblies, although much larger, instead of eight, and these new trains have a lot of excess material due to the seating arrangement. I'm curious to see what the exact weights of each are.

In case anyone was wondering about the splashdown:

rattlesnakes are adept at swimming and will take to water readily in order to pursue food, mates and refuge, and to escape harassment

(taken from a rattlesnake FAQ)

So apparently, someone was harassing Diamondback, or it's just pursuing a mate...

-James Dillaman

Great to see them sending 2 trains around at the same time! Lets hope for an early opening!

It can't really open early, since they are shooting for it to be ready by opening day. However, at the moment, looks like they are right on track to get this ride opened on time.

In case anyone was wondering about the splashdown:

rattlesnakes are adept at swimming and will take to water readily in order to pursue food, mates and refuge, and to escape harassment

(taken from a rattlesnake FAQ)

So apparently, someone was harassing Diamondback, or it's just pursuing a mate...

-James Dillaman

The splashdown is to put out the fire.

^Not anymore.

But if you look at the webcam, theres a new large block of cement to the North East of the station that I think is the main block of switches for the queue. I always thought it would go the other way, and have the entrance be where they announced the ride....

We now have splashdownage testing.

Complete set here:

http://www.kidiamondback.com/public/latest/gallery/

-Sean

It's been going on for a while, dude. By now they've added a blue dye to make the water look really nice! Almost a clear-blue ocean look, I think. That or they gave it a hardcore cleaning and fresh water.