Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1086:Christmas Town opens!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Please be an RMC terrain woodie, that would just be the cherry on top of BGW's already solid coaster line-up. And if BGW does indeed work with RMC for 2017, can't help but think that bodes well for BGT's next coaster being something RMC too :)
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DrachenfireOP » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Please be an RMC terrain woodie, that would just be the cherry on top of BGW's already solid coaster line-up. And if BGW does indeed work with RMC for 2017, can't help but think that bodes well for BGT's next coaster being something RMC too :)

Now, where oh where would they find a space, or maybe a thing, per say, to hand over to RMC at BGT? Hmmm....

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ericthewanderer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Maybe they're going to build a taller/longer/steeper version of El Toro and it's themed after Thor(which is why the hammer was lying out)and it will anchor a new Scandinavian section of the park.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:00 am

SeaWorld seems to have been doing some very peculiar things with release dates. Tempesto was basically never released and treated like the big Elephant in the room that went up while Busch Gardens denied they were even building a roller coaster. While not announcing your ride over the off season seems like it makes no sense at least a park can say they wanted to maximize the impact and start an ad campaign that with a short turn around time. A year later Sea World Orlando announce Mako for 2015 before the peak summer season even started which some say is too early.

I feel like the SeaWorld parks are in a step above Six Flags and Cedar Fair and a step below Disney and Universal. The two big dogs make announcements when they want for projects 2-5 years out. Maybe SeaWorld views themselves more like a Disney or Universal and thinks their numbers are teflon tough. I feel like Sea World needs needs to tease this out more. I was going to go BGW b/c hey have Tempsesto and I hear it more fun than it looks. Maybe I'll wait til 2017. I know something big is coming.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Duff » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:33 am

I think the hammer was on the table to indicate construction... nothing more. A hammer is probably the most basic tool in existence, and it's something that everybody recognizes and associates with building something new. I doubt it was a "hint" of a specific type of ride.

Pro Rock-O-Plane Flyer

Postby nannerdw » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:02 am

My dream ride would be an RMC that follows the terrain through the valley between Italy and the Loch Ness Monster, with a turn that goes down to the water by the riverboat ride.

I_Am_Banned_0

Postby madmax » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:57 pm

I am predicting an RMC woodie in Drachen Fire's spot named "Thor".
I'm an idiot

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby WickedCycloneFreak » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:59 pm

madmax wrote:I am predicting an RMC woodie in Drachen Fire's spot named "Thor".

while i do think RMC will be involved...i think Marvel would have something to say about that name
Top Ten Coasters:
1. Wicked Cyclone 2. El Toro 3. Superman The Ride 4. Nitro 5. Maverick 6. Millennium Force 7. Apollo's Chariot 8. The Joker (SFGAdv) 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. Griffon

I_Am_Banned_0

Postby madmax » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:09 pm

WickedCycloneFreak wrote:
madmax wrote:I am predicting an RMC woodie in Drachen Fire's spot named "Thor".

while i do think RMC will be involved...i think Marvel would have something to say about that name

They can't. They don't have the copyright to the name "Thor" because it's originally Germanic mythology.
I'm an idiot

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby WickedCycloneFreak » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:28 pm

ahhhhh ok then i can definitely see Thor being the name.
Top Ten Coasters:
1. Wicked Cyclone 2. El Toro 3. Superman The Ride 4. Nitro 5. Maverick 6. Millennium Force 7. Apollo's Chariot 8. The Joker (SFGAdv) 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. Griffon

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!