Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1031 - Park teases details about Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: cfc and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby nitrofan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:27 pm

I can't believe tommorrow is BBW's last day.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Sorry if this was already brought up in the thread but in the announcemet they said it was the worlds first suspended coaster. I thought the Bat at Kings Island was the worlds first. Which was it?

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:36 pm

The Bat was the first modern suspended coaster, but BBW was the first one that ran without tearing itself apart.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Oh ok. I still wouldnt call it the first suspended coaster though. They should have called it one of the first or like you said the first that didnt tear itself up.

All I want is a chainlift!

Postby pkdcoaster » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:50 am

Goodbye ol girl

Me and family and friends went to get some awesome last night rides on Saturday. She was running great as usual. good that they have built in to the announcement in the station that she takes her last ride on Sep 7.

Also a few weeks ago they were selling cardboard replicas of the 25th anniversary sign for $20 which IMO was a ripoff but BGW made it right, yesterday they were selling a similar item but it is on a thin metal plate and about 18" in Diameter for $30 (22.50 w/ Season pass).

It was a special night that I will never forget and I hope my son never forgets either. we got 7 rides last night.

So long old friend

JEFF
DSC07426.jpg
JABBW.jpg
DSC08035.jpg
DSC07421.jpg
goodbye
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:34 am

pkdcoaster wrote:Goodbye ol girl

Me and family and friends went to get some awesome last night rides on Saturday. She was running great as usual. good that they have built in to the announcement in the station that she takes her last ride on Sep 7.

Also a few weeks ago they were selling cardboard replicas of the 25th anniversary sign for $20 which IMO was a ripoff but BGW made it right, yesterday they were selling a similar item but it is on a thin metal plate and about 18" in Diameter for $30 (22.50 w/ Season pass).

It was a special night that I will never forget and I hope my son never forgets either. we got 7 rides last night.

So long old friend

JEFF

I'll be paying my respects tomorrow (get in a ride last Friday night, too). So, they're selling metal signs now? Figures. I've already bought one of the cardboard ones.

All I want is a chainlift!

Postby pkdcoaster » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:39 am

Yea Chuck I would try to take the other one back and see if you could exchange it...the new one is much better.

In case people did not know BGW is having a sale on ALL merchandise at the park 15% off (25% off for passholders) this weekend, Needless to say the wolf gift stand has been getting cleaned out.

JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterMonkey » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:31 am

Damn. I need to get one of those metal signs.
They'll be gone by tonight no doubt...
I want another Wolf shirt too!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 am

I got these from Theme Park Brochures and thought it would be awesome to share them.

PS: Does anybody have any info regarding the Sesame Place that was operating near Dallas-Ft. Worth?
bgw1984_1.jpg
The park has really changed since 1984.
bgw1984_2.jpg
bgw1984_3.jpg
bgw1984_4.jpg
bgw1984_5.jpg
bgw1984_6.jpg
I'm really curious about this second Sesame Place that existed in Dallas during the 80s. I wonder what rides/attractions they had and why it closed?
bgw1984_7.jpg
RIP Big Bad Wolf... 2009 really feels like the end of an era.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby adeuce02 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:21 pm

anybody remember the video they used to play in the que line about the story of the wolf. I thought it was so awesome and wish they kept playing it but im glad i got my 2rides in june. rip

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!