Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 660: Howl-o-Scream begins!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a new press release about the return of the Pretzel Coaster Contest.

A competition of steady hands and artistic engineering returns to Busch Gardens this summer for the 2nd annual “Pretzel Coaster Build-Off Contest” with Snyder’s of Hanover.

In the competition’s second year, people around the country are invited to build a roller coaster model out of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels and submit pictures of their pretzel-coaster creations to http://www.snydersofhanover.com. Entries must be submitted before June 15. The builders of the five best creations will win a family trip to Busch Gardens in Virginia for the final round of competition. Working with only glue guns and an unlimited number of pretzels, the final-round participants will compete against each other and the clock by building a replica of the theme park’s floorless dive coaster, Griffon.

Last year’s winner, 22-year-old Gregory Stanton from Maryland, will return to defend his title. Last year, his pretzel replica of the park’s hypercoaster, Apollo’s Chariot, earned praise from judges for its detail, accuracy and overall presentation.

The winner of the in-park competition on July 15 will be awarded a four pack of two-year, 2-Park passes for Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, and a year’s supply of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels. The estimated retail value of the grand prize is more than $1,200. For full contest rules, visit http://www.snydersofhanover.com.

I don't know about you all, but it looks like I'm going to be busting out the pretzels to give this contest a try. After my last visit to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, I've been waiting patiently to return.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 am

http://buschgardensva.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/europe-in-the-air-update/

I have new updates about Europe in the Air, Busch Gardens’ newest attraction opening later this spring. Plans are coming to life and the ride is shaping up. I was able to take a tour to check things out and learned that we are steadily pressing along.

It’s not always easy changing out a simulator from one theme to another. For 2010, the maintenance team and programmers are working hard to enhance the total experience and are making major changes with programming, theming, projectors, screens and even seating.

Europe in the Air consists of two units or bays. Most of the work on the left bay is nearly complete. Six new high-volume fans have been added to each bay, three on each side. Scent-o-meters will be added near the fans to blow scents to our guests as they glide over certain areas of Europe. For instance, riders will smell chocolate as they glide over Paris. The framework for the new screen has been put in place, and the installation of the screen should be next (larger, concave screen). New seatbelts have been added to make it less complicated for guests and also make it easier for the team members.

The computer system that runs the ride is being upgraded and reprogrammed as we speak. Now we’re just waiting for finishing touches and the movie and movement to come together.

The walls inside have all been painted, with a fresh airy design to make it seem as if you are in the air. I’m looking forward to sharing updates over the next few weeks, and sharing the ride experience once Europe in the Air spreads its wings and takes flight.

Here’s a first look at our new ride, Europe in the Air.

YouTube Videolink
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 am

^"Scent-o-meters"? Is that pronounced "sent oh meeters" or "sent tom eters"? (Holy "Soarin'," Batman--they're using smells!)

I'm looking forward to this ride. Corkscrew Hill had its day.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LcHg5265 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Can we please create a Hummel Boy Petition? Please?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release about an upcoming awareness event taking place at Water Country USA.

Water Country USA is holding an Electronic Hazardous Waste Recycling Day Saturday, April 24 to help raise awareness about conservation and recycling. The public is invited to bring broken and unwanted electronic equipment to the Water Country USA parking lot from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

This year, every person who donates an item will be registered to win a Water Country USA Prize Package. Two lucky winners will win four-single day admission tickets to the mid-Atlantic’s largest water park, and the Grand Prize winner will win a complementary Cabana for a day at Water Country USA, along with four-single day admission tickets to the park.

Electronic equipment can contain lead, mercury and other potentially hazardous materials that could harm the environment if disposed of improperly.

“Environmental conservation is a cornerstone of our business,” said John Reilly, park president at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. “This important ‘go-green’ initiative works to both raise awareness and promote environmental safety.”

Unwanted electronic equipment that plugs into a wall electrical socket or runs on batteries, even rechargeable batteries, are acceptable. Usable computer parts will be refurbished and donated to Virginia Public Schools or non-profit education organizations.

Donation of most electronics is free, $5 for computer monitors and $15 for any size TV. All fees go to Computer Recycling of Virginia. The recycling organization does not accept refrigeration equipment or large appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines.

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Europe in the Air, i was wondering what that smell was. Took me forever to wade through all the coaster talk. Fist it was a trip report, then this coaster vs that coaster, and then it went to types of coasters, and then it got way to geeky for me and i didn't understand any of it.

Oh and by the way, robb didn't look that bad, you didn't have that frumpy "i been leading crazy coaster people around for days" look. Looks like you been hitting the gym. Those glasses gotta go though, they make you look like a tore up old man. Get lasic and be done with it.

Oh and all them 90's nick show were terrible. KT has yo gabba gabba, nuff said.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Just to clarify, i meant tore up old man, like jack nicholson, or harrison ford tore up.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ElToroGirl84 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:50 am

Europe in the Air actually sounds like fun. I just hope it's nothing like Corkscrew Hill. I love simulators, I mean I'm one of the few people I think that still loves Star Tours in Disney World and I'm still upset over the Back to the future ride being gone but I DID NOT like Corkscrew Hill. Much to rough and I felt I was going to fall out of my seat a few times. The movie it's self was cute and all but the ride was just awful.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/139cdb6316efd454fdff504a60fe32ec.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:37 am

From Busch Gardens facebook it sounds like Friday will be soft opening for Europe in the Air.

Busch Gardens Planning on coming to the park Friday? Well, come early and celebrate Ireland’s newest attractions – Celtic Fyre’s grand opening and test flights for Europe in the Air. The park opens at 9 a.m. for the special day. We’ll see you there.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bgeguy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:54 am

Busch Gardens has applied for a 260 ft. height waiver!

JAMES CITY
Busch Gardens is seeking permission from James City County to build a new thrill ride for the 35-year-old theme park.

Park officials filed an application Tuesday with the county's planning department for height restrictions waiver for a "new ride not to exceed 260 feet above ground level," the county Web site said. Griffon is 205 feet high.

According to the application, the ride will be located in the park's Germany section.

Busch Gardens is opening a new a new simulated ride this season called "Europe Up in the Air." However, the Griffon ride— which opened in 2007— was the last roller coaster the park built.

Check back at dailypress.com and in Thursday's Daily Press for more on this developing story.
http://www.dailypress.com/news/williamsburg/dp-local_buschgardens_0429apr29,0,286647.story

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!