Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:05 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:The problem with running the hustle at SWSA is that you don't get level benefits anywhere but Texas with that pass. Hence why its so cheap. You only get free admission and free general parking.

That's all I need, hence the disclaimer:

hoppedup wrote:It's not for everybody

Also:
hoppedup wrote:Not worth it to make a special trip to SWSA just to get a pass, but it worked out for us, as we were going to go to SFOT and SFFT eventually anyway.

coasterbill's experience seems to indicate that you can get other benefits with a pass from out-of-state. Even the receipt for my pass said it was only for purchase by Texas residents. A quick email to SeaWorld confirmed that wasn't true.

I will attempt to use my pass for other perks at BGT, SWO, and BGW in the coming months just for shits and giggles and report back. But really all I need is admission and parking. I do not care about animal shows or food/beer/wine events. It's all about the coasters for me.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:11 am

To be clear, I don't even think they sell those passes anymore but they keep auto-renewing them. That said, I fully expect that the San Antonio pass will get you all of those benefits everywhere except for possibly the double rides. They seem to try to give you preferred parking everywhere and if not... I mean... who cares? I don't know if we're supposed to get preferred parking outside of Williamsburg but they always slap a preferred tag on the car at the other parks.

Aside from free parking and free admission all of the other perks are nice but they're not deal-breakers anyway (unless you're going to Discovery Cove where the Platinum Pass discount is massive, though I have no doubt that you'll get that with this pass).

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DavidB » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 am

This is interesting news I had never heard before as these parks aren't usually on my regular visit radar. I am strongly considering hitting BGW and BGT this year though. I got the companion pass from Southwest and intend to make good use of it and if I can buy a platinum pass at Sea World San Antonio for 190 vs one at BGW for 348 and get a similar result, this sounds like an awesome idea...Is it really that cut and dry? I don't care one bit about preferred parking. I could see some value in the bring a guest tickets at BGW vs SWSA, but I don't see making up the 150 dollar difference on discounts for in park purchases or anything. Is there anyone who can provide better insight on this, because I am extremely interested!

Postby bert425 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 am

boldikus wrote:Thanks for the update, Chuck. Lookin' good.

Agreed!

this looks great, even tho I'm not a waterpark person, that looks like a good addition to Water Country.

as to the Screamin Swing? Ireland was really light on rides (even tho the VR ride is an improvement over the terrible "soarin"-ish ride they had in there). The setting is perfect on the edge, too.

thanks for the update, Chuck.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks Chuck...both are going to be great additions!

Postby prozach626 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:58 pm

It's always good to see and update from Chuck. Thanks for the information.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 pm

So... anyone going to talk about the elephant in the room? Orrrr... not allowed out of respect for the park... which is completely understandable.

Really, though, I'm excited that the park is getting a screamin swing as they are one of the few flat rides I actually enjoy 8)

Anyways, back to the re-ride flash pass benefits discussion, the absolute worst was my friends and I had Platinum and we ALL waited for the front seat on Kingda Ka. So two trains back to back we stayed on, oh man the tension in the station... lol, made sure not to make eye contact with anyone after that one... almost didn't want to take the second ride. I totally forgot Busch had a similar thing, I'm shocked they still honor it, even sometimes. Even working at SWO I think it was probably removed at one point during my tenure from the handbooks and I honestly think I remember like 4 or 5 people EVER use it in the 4 years I worked the coasters. People used it for the SHOWS all the time, though.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:So... anyone going to talk about the elephant in the room? Orrrr... not allowed out of respect for the park... which is completely understandable.

If you're referring to the speculative concepts regarding their 2020 coaster, we here generally like more facts (read: any facts) to be revealed before people go nuts.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:56 am

anonymouscactus wrote:So... anyone going to talk about the elephant in the room? Orrrr... not allowed out of respect for the park... which is completely understandable.

We don't typically report on leaked plans out of respect for the park, obviously they didn't intend for what could be the best coaster in their history to be let out of the bag so early. It kind of goes back to Busch Gardens Tampa's "reveal" of their own 2020 coaster project, you only want to let out so much information otherwise people will delay trips and annual / season pass purchases to wait for the new attraction. Plus, those leaked plans could completely change... Tomorrow!

You can talk about the rumor all you wish, but please only share images and links to stuff like public information (permits) or non-trespassing construction photos, for example.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Busch Gardens has announced their summer entertainment lineup for this year.

Summer Nights Logo.jpg

BUSCH GARDENS® ANNOUNCES EXCITING LINE-UP OF SUMMER PERFORMERS
America’s and Britain’s Got Talent Stars Set to Take the Stage During Summer Nights

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (March 16, 2019) – Summer is just around the corner and Busch Gardens® is already heating things up with the announcement of a star-studded line-up of entertainment for Summer Nights.

Summer Nights Live – performances from NBC-TV’s “America’s Got Talent” and Britain’s Got Talent include:

LB Busch1.jpg

LIGHT BALANCE – JUNE 28 - JULY 7 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)
Hailing from Ukraine, Light Balance is hi-tech neon and LED dance group comprised of talented young dancers, designers, programmers and choreographers. Melding their creative and engineer backgrounds, the group provides their audience with a unique show that unifies all of the senses. Their colorful images create a high-energy atmosphere of magic, light, dance and music. Light Balance's imaginative performance led to Tyra Banks hitting her Golden Buzzer during season 12 of America’s Got Talent.

Boogie Storm.jpg

BOOGIE STORM: JULY 8 - 14 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)
Dressed head to toe in iconic white outfits, the six members of Boogie Storm are a dance force to be reckoned with. Performing crushing dance routines, the group has accumulated over 50 million YouTube hits to date, and there seems to be no sign of slowing down. Having reached the live finale and finished third in Britain’s Got Talent’s 10th anniversary in 2016, the troop have been nominated for the best performance of 2016 at the National Reality Television Awards, as the accolades just keep on coming.

knife throw.jpg

THE PASSING ZONE: JULY 15 - 21 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)
Juggling is tough enough with scarves, balls or pins, but this dynamic duo takes juggling to the next level and they have been doing that for more than 20 years. The Passing Zone is one of the most inventive, successful and funny duos working today. You’ll have a difficult time deciding whether to hang onto your chair as chainsaws fly through the air, hold your breath as they perform world-class skills or grab your stomach as you double over with laughter. Prepare to be amazed, as Jon and Owen redefine juggling, and take it to new heights. You won’t believe your eyes.

Worlds Best 2018.jpg

WILLIAM CLOSE & THE EARTH HARP COLLECTIVE: JULY 22 – 28 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)
William’s work explores the connection between architecture and music. Inspired by the Frank Lloyd Wright quote “architecture is frozen music,” Close creates musical installations that use the architecture as part of the instrument. The Earth Harp is the largest stringed instrument on the planet and was developed by William Close in 1999. This talented ensemble have pushed the boundaries of the performance experience over the last several years finishing third on NBC’s hit talent competition “America’s Got Talent.”

Fighting Grav.jpg

FIGHTING GRAVITY: JULY 29 - AUGUST 4 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)
What started out as an idea for a local talent show at Virginia Tech quickly transformed into an Internet sensation, garnering more than 10 million views on YouTube. Fighting Gravity’s play on light and levitation quickly gained worldwide attention thanks to their third place finish on NBC’s “America’s Got Talent.” Following their success on AGT, Fighting Gravity has become one of the most sought-after live performance groups in the country — performing with platinum-selling recording artists like Will.i.am and Jennifer Lopez.

Freck Sky.jpg

FRECKLED SKY: AUG. 5 - 11 (DAILY PERFORMANCES)
Freckled Sky is a team of multimedia artists dedicated to the design of interactive shows and events. They tell stories and bring immersive experiences to the viewer. Freckled Sky blends projection, lightning, interactive solutions and special effects to create new forms of entertainment. This America’s Got Talent Golden Buzzer artist is sure to leave audiences wanting more.

For more information about Summer Nights Live, please visit buschgardens.com/bgwsummernights.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!