Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Tempesto did have a soft opening today; unfortunately, I got there a bit too late and missed my chance. (But my thanks to Jeremiah for alerting me via text.) So, here are some photos of the ride with people other than me on it.

POV Video by Trevor Bondi:
001.jpg
Behold the main entrance. It looks like one of those crazy loops that stuntmen on bikes used to brave back in early 20th century.
002.jpg
Where there is an entrance, there must be an exit.
003.jpg
A place for your stuff--they were having some issues with them today. The credit card system wasn't hooked up.
004.jpg
The outer queue.
005.jpg
The inner queue.
006.jpg
The station.
007.jpg
One night only? The hell?
008.jpg
And how, actual people actually riding Tempesto.
009.jpg
Holy crap!
010.jpg
The best loops are the non-inverting kind.
011.jpg
Shall we zoom in a bit closer?
012.jpg
"I have seen GOD!"
013.jpg
"Save us Jeebus!"
014.jpg
Hold on to your churros here.
015.jpg
This dude rates a private train? Well, la-dee-da.
016.jpg
"I'm special!"
017.jpg
"So special! I gotta have some of your attention! Give it to me!"
018.jpg
"Sorry, folks--special guy was the last rider today. Come back on Saturday, April 25th."
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:00 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:54 pm

zachclarke2 wrote:Tempesto is GREAT! Very intense and without a doubt the strongest airtime in the park. The airtime over the first hill in the front row is ridiculous. The line for each individual row moves rather slowly but I imagine the queue out of the station won't be horrible. The ops were hauling. The time it took for a train to come in and then be sent out again was less than a minute on most dispatches. I would definitely prefer the ride just have lapbars but the harnesses are not bad at all.

Sooooooo..... all those pages and pages and pages and pages of bitching and complaining about this ride was all for nothing?!??!

I'll be the first one to say it...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I personally think these funky Premier coasters are a GREAT addition to any park!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby RCT3rox » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Man, I really can't wait to ride this on the 25th! I really wish our school's trip wasn't scheduled for the official opening day, crowds are probably going to be crazy. But hey, shorter lines on everything else! :)

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Those colors really go well together, and in the usual Busch fashion the attention appears to be in the details. The entire area looks great. Thanks Chuck.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby KingRCT3 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:36 pm

I have to say the entrance is really really cool!

Your captions are comedy gold Chuck, and thanks for sharing the pics! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:57 pm

The ride entrance fits in perfectly with the whole "festival" look of Festa Italia. I thought the strings of lights, like you'd see at an old-time circus, were a nice touch.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TB305 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Rode Tempesto today and it was a blast in the front row! immense airtime when finishing your ascent before the roll... which was absolutley nuts. I'll have a legal (Got a special card thingy for my gopro from a manager allwoing me to shoot on ride video) POV up in about an hour!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby tanthonyam » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:36 pm

There is an event on April 24 for winners of a contest to be among the "first 500 . . . to ride Tempesto" (8:00 to 10:00 pm). Perhaps the media will be included for that.

Well they have already started letting people on it, so those first 500 won't feel so special now I guess. So I glad I will be avoiding the 25th and those crowds.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:45 pm

^The media event has been confirmed for April 24.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Tempesto looks like a great addition, even if the capacity is going to be a small issue. The forces (both negative and positive) look to be even better than those on the 2-car versions. :b The theming looks pretty awesome as well. I LOVE the loop around the entrance, and the lights over the plaza are a nice touch.

It definitely looks like a nice, solid addition to the BGW. I hope to make it out to the park within a few years.
Top 10: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Voyage 3. Millennium Force 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Thunderbird 7. Powder Keg 8. Lightning Run 9. Raging Bull 10. Goliath (SFGAm)
Click here for my trip reports!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!