Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release on the official launch of Howl-O-Scream's website for the 2011 event.

Busch Gardens is harnessing the power of its fans to kick start the 13th season of Howl-O-Scream, the park’s annual fright fest. Today, the park is launching http://www.howl-o-scream.com/va to unveil the details, one scare at a time.

The park is raising Howl-O-Scream to a whole new horrifying level for its 13th anniversary. New scares and fan favorites from previous seasons are being planned to celebrate this special year. The website will feature regularly-scheduled “leaks” announcing details of the new elements along with a final surprise announcement planned just days before Howl-O-Scream’s Sept. 23 opening.

“This year is going to be one of our scariest yet and we want our guests to have the opportunity to participate in the action,” said Dan Dipiazzo, vice president of marketing. “The park is raising Howl-O-Scream to whole new horrifying level this year. The website gives guests a chance to sneak a peek at the new bone-chilling mazes, terrifying shows and gruesome creatures featured at the park this fall.”

Howl-O-Scream opens Sept. 23 and continues every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Oct. 30. For more information, visit http://www.howl-o-scream.com/va or call
(800) 343-7946.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment operates 10 parks across the U.S. including SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio; Busch Gardens parks in Tampa, Fla. and Williamsburg; Discovery Cove and Aquatica in Orlando; Sesame Place near Philadelphia, Pa.; and water parks Adventure Island in Tampa and Water Country USA in Williamsburg.

The 10 parks play host to 25 million guests each year and employ 26,000 people nationwide. To learn more, visit http://www.SeaWorldParksandEntertainment.com or call toll-free (888) 800-5447. Additionally, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment created the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, a non-profit, private charitable foundation committed to supporting wildlife and habitat conservation, research, education and animal rescue programs worldwide. Learn more at SWBG-ConservationFund.org.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg also sent us a press release announcing the winner of this year's Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel Coaster Build-off.

For the second year in a row, Jennifer Westcott from Wayne, N.J. was named the champion in the third annual Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Coaster Build-Off held today at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Westcott used a variety of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels to construct a replica of Busch Gardens’ famous Loch Ness Monster roller coaster. The judges included experts from Busch Gardens, a pretzel expert from Snyder’s of Hanover and a roller coaster fan from the American Coaster Enthusiasts club. Westcott competed against finalists who earned a spot in the contest by creating a “homemade” pretzel coaster and submitting it for judging to the Snyder’s of Hanover website.

The finalists competed against the clock using only pretzels, a glue gun and creativity. Each had the same challenge – to build Busch Gardens’ classic Loch Ness Monster, the world’s first and only interlocking, double-looping, steel roller coaster.

“It’s really great to come back and defend our title,” Westcott said. “This is such a wonderful contest.”

For winning today’s contest, Westcott received a four-pack of two-year, 2-Park passes to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, and a year’s supply of Snyder’s of Hanover pretzels. The estimated retail value of the grand prize is more than $1,200.

Coaster Finalists
Austin Muff, Spring Grove, Pa.
Justin Heiser, Courtland, Va.
Carter Pehr, Cary, N.C.
Linda Hickey, Baldwinsville, N.Y.
Justin Knapp, Richmond, Va.
2010 champion Jennifer Westcott from Wayne, N.J.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment operates 10 parks across the U.S. including SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio; Busch Gardens parks in Tampa, Fla. and Williamsburg; Discovery Cove and Aquatica in Orlando; Sesame Place near Philadelphia, Pa.; and water parks Adventure Island in Tampa and Water Country USA in Williamsburg.

Snyder’s of Hanover has been America’s favorite Pretzel Bakery since 1909. They have been recognized for their creative new products and their assortment of delicious pretzels. Snyder’s of Hanover is the healthy, great tasting brand of snacks Americans choose! For recipes and amusing facts on pretzels visit www.snydersofhanover.com.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby BG Noeit Al » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:09 pm

I have a feeling we may not see any of the mazes from last year except for a revamped Pompeii unless they consider Catacombs a fan favorite. Although I think we can expect at least half the stuff fan favorites, one of them being clowns. I am excited to see what is in store this year, I think they are giving the info out one or two things each week since there is only about 10 - 11 weeks left before HoS starts.
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 am

I quite enjoyed Catacombs last year, though I hear I was one of the few!
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:52 am

^Catacombs had good atmosphere but was a hit-or-miss maze. Sometimes, nothing happened in there; other times, there were scareactors jumping out from everywhere. I wouldn't mind if they retired it. I rather liked Masquerage, but it only lasted one season.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:59 am

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming Summer concert series.

Busch Gardens heats up the stage this summer with chart-topping performances from artists singing pop, classic rock and oldies hits. All concerts are included with park admission and will be performed at the Royal Palace Theatre.

Pop sensation Colbie Caillat takes the stage July 23-24 singing popular songs like “Bubbly.” Miranda Cosgrove, star of Nickelodeon’s “iCarly” and best known for hits like “Dancing Crazy,” will perform on July 30-31. Guests can enjoy classic rock hits from Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo on Aug. 27-28. This Labor Day weekend, celebrate the golden age of rock ‘n’ roll with Neil Sedaka and hits like “Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.”

Guests looking for a delicious meal and the best seats in the house can enjoy the Busch Gardens LIVE VIP Buffet or Busch Gardens Concert Dining Certificate. Both options include a meal and great seats to rockin’ good concerts. The VIP Buffet and Dining Certificates are still available for Colbie Caillat, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo and Neil Sedaka on a first come, first served basis, and they are going fast. Call (800) 343-7946 or visit buschgardens.com/va for pricing and availability.

The 10 parks play host to 25 million guests each year and employ 26,000 people nationwide. To learn more, visit http://www.SeaWorldParksandEntertainment.com or call toll-free (888) 800-5447. Additionally, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment created the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, a non-profit, private charitable foundation committed to supporting wildlife and habitat conservation, research, education and animal rescue programs worldwide. Learn more at SWBG-ConservationFund.org.

Calendar Listing

Busch Gardens is celebrating the summer with sizzling concerts at the Royal Palace Theatre in the park’s France village.
  • Colbie Caillat July 23 & 24
  • Miranda Cosgrove July 30 & 31
  • Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo Aug. 27 & 28
  • Neil Sedaka Sept. 3 & 4
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:01 pm

I am going Saturday to see Colbie Caillat, looking forward to the park visit more so than the concert. I haven't been to BG since TPR day last month.

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Alright guys, I went to BGW today and rode Griffon twice, Alpengeist once, Apollo's Chariot twice, and Loch Ness Monster once!

I also have a construction update-

Mach Tower-
Testing in full swing. Testing video below.

Verbolten-
The crater for the themed building is ENOURMOUS!!! The clearing has now made it to the Rhine River. The view of the construction site is AMAZING from the top of Griffon! See pictures below.

Testing.

PICT0374.AVI [ 5.48 MiB | Viewed 1869 times ]

PICT0377.JPG
Mach Tower train.
PICT0378.JPG
Verbolten pics!!! YAY
PICT0380.JPG
Close up! YAY
PICT0379.JPG
Station YAY!
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:37 pm

NICE PICS. And the video's good too!

And how long will it be before BGW starts to drop some hints on the new ride???

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks RD! I have no idea when they'll drop some hints, if they even do that is.
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby khowe22 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 pm

This Saturday at BGW...am I crazy if I choose that day to attend? Obviously Saturday would be the busiest day, but I don't have a lot of options. However, I don't want to risk it if the park will be absolutely unable to be navigated.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!