Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1051 - Christmas Town "hard-hat" tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 am

I believe its somewhere between 42 and 44 degrees... which happens to be the average weather is sitting at right now...

^^^ I heard a rumor (It might had been said in a John Reilly interview that the BBW station was to be reused...

Also the VA Gazette is known to get its facts right so... Inclosed up to 8 stories sounds like a rumor I heard with a certain De Fallinfast!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm

^It's 42 degrees.

The 25,000 square foot building looks interesting....could it be an animal exhibit? I wouldn't think so but that's all the ideas I've got now.
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Skycoastin I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool wrote:For anyone that has gone to Christmas Town before, what kind of crowds does it usually have? Is it similar to Halloween in that you should always avoid going on Saturdays and Fridays/Sundays are mildly crowded? Thanks.

Saturdays last year were definitely crowded so its better to go on Fridays and Sundays. The week of Christmas drew some crowds as well.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:04 am

Meanwhile, back at Water Country USA, construction (or, at least, ground clearing) has started for Vanish Point, the park's new slides.

This video was posted on the park's Facebook page. It looks like Vanish Point is going to be installed somewhere in the vicinity of Big Daddy Falls and Aquazoid, as near as I can tell.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tunaboy407 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:12 pm

It looks like its going right next to Meltdown between the queue for meltdown and the actual slide itself.

No man is useless in life... As long as he can be used as a bad example![url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7b3aeab23f160bc5d2a65aa1f3be41b4.jpg[/img][/url]

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 am

Screamscape sources are sorting through the news articles and permit applications BGW has submitted for the big 2012 coaster project. The new permits call for a new large 26,000 sqft ‘event building’ that will be 80 feet “above the existing grade” along with a themed bridge 95 feet above the grade. The new ride will make use of the former Big Bad Wolf station building as well. The former BBW ravine area will be “flattened” and a balloon test will be held on Dec 8th to show off how the new building and bridge will look from outside the park limits. With a building this big, it seems almost a given that the ride will feature some kind of indoor segment, which would be a nice addition if done well.

link

First I had heard of them flattening the BBW ravine...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:52 am

^^After watching the video again, I think you're right about the location of Vanish Point.

^I recall someone asking John Reilly about a potential "dark ride" section for the new coaster, but he neither confirmed nor denied it. ;)

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:01 am

This is great. I've been wanting to try out a trap-door slide for years, but I never was able to get down to Wet'n'Wild.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a great press release including photos and video regarding the return of their successful Christmas Town event.

Get ready for evenings filled with warm holiday memories when Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration opens Friday. Walk among two million twinkling Christmas lights, explore one-of-a-kind shops, feast on culinary treats and marvel at the spectacle of Christmas Town's signature shows.

New for 2010, explore Italy's Christmas traditions featuring Italian culinary favorites, Busch Gardens' exclusive capodimonte gifts and a new entertainment production that will leave guests with a feeling of peace on earth.

"The addition of Italy to Busch Gardens' Christmas Town lineup expands the park's transformation into a holiday wonderland," said Busch Gardens' President Carl Lum. "Guests can now walk a complete loop around the park and experience all of Busch Gardens' holiday offerings while they are surrounded by the beautiful sights and delicious aromas of Christmas."

Christmas Town begins in England as a bustling city scene comes to life with Dickens-style carolers amid traditional greenery, red bows and candlelit windows at every shop and restaurant. New this year, guests can experience Christmas Town while relaxing 80 feet in the air aboard one of Busch Gardens' high-flying gondolas. Flight of Lights offers breathtaking views of all of Christmas Town's themed villages and showcases Busch Gardens' holiday decorations."

Travel back to simpler times and leave the city lights behind while exploring the Scottish countryside where sheep and horses roam under a star-filled wintery sky. Then step into Ireland as the village of Killarney transforms into a dazzling holiday festival filled with the magic of Christmas on Emerald isle. Pull up a stool and warm up at Grogan's Pub with a selection of hearty soups and stews. Stroll across the courtyard to the Abbey Stone Theatre for "Rejoice," a Christmas show that fills the audience with the Christmas spirit through moving imagery, choral harmonies and a full, live orchestra. The little ones can even dine with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Santa's Fireside Feast and have their picture taken with the jolly old elf himself.

In France, explore an ice-filled wonderland with dazzling lights, falling snow and an up-close encounter with live penguins on the Polar Pathway. Then join a down-home Christmas in New France where the sights and smells of a country Christmas will fill the air.

Make sure to visit Santa's Workshop at the North Pole before heading to "The Stocking Stop," the park's newest "KIDsiderate" store. This store features pre-wrapped gifts that children can purchase to surprise their friends and families on Christmas Day. Don't miss a trip to Oktoberfest to view Virginia's tallest light-animated Christmas tree. The culmination of a visit to Christmas Town unfolds in a larger-than-life format with the spectacular light show, "O Tannenbaum." This show features the park's iconic 50-foot Christmas tree with choreographed lights and music that fill guests with Christmas spirit.

Round out the Christmas Town experience with a visit to Italy, the park's newest Christmas wonderland. Gather friends and family around the table while dining on a traditional Italian Christmas dinner and enjoying the park's newest production, "Miracles." Live vocalists and an ensemble of dancers inspire guests to believe that anything is possible.

Busch Gardens is extending its Christmas Town operation through New Year's Eve, concluding with a 10 p.m. fireworks extravaganza on Dec. 31. Christmas Town will be open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 3 - 10 p.m. starting Nov. 26, and will open daily from Dec. 17 through Dec. 31, excluding Christmas Day. The park will close at 9 p.m. on Nov. 28, Dec. 5, Dec. 12 and on Christmas Eve.

Event details are available on the new Christmas Town website at http://www.christmastown.com.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

BM1124SX01_003H.jpg
Performers of Rejoice sing to the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Busch Gardens’ annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
BM1127SX01_005H.jpg
Guests enter Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg where more than two million twinkling lights were used to decorate the holiday-themed event.
BM1127SX01_006H.jpg
Carolers sing to the crowd at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Busch Gardens’ annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
BM1127SX01_007H.jpg
A canopy of stars hangs over head as guests walk through Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
BM1127SX01_008H.jpg
A canopy of stars hangs over head as guests walk through Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
BM1127SX01_009H.jpg
A 50-foot Christmas tree lights up the Germany section of Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
BM1127SX01_010H.jpg
A 50-foot Christmas tree lights up the Germany section of Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
BM1128OK01_052H.jpg
BM1128OK01_084H.jpg
Frosty the snowman dances in Deck the Halls for the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.
BM1128OK01_092H.jpg
Performers of Deck the Halls sing to the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Busch Gardens’ annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
BM1211OK01_003H.jpg
Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration in Williamsburg, Va. features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus. ©2010 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment
BN1123OK01_001H.jpg
BN1123OK01_002H.jpg
Performers of "Miracles" sing to the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration. Busch Gardens' annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
BN1123OK01_003H.jpg
Performers of "Miracles", the park's newest show dance for the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration. Busch Gardens' annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
BN1123OK01_004H.jpg
Performers of "Miracles", the park's newest show dance for the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration. Busch Gardens' annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
BN1123OK01_005H.jpg
BN1123OK01_006H.jpg
Performers of "Deck the Halls" sing to the audience at Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Busch Gardens' annual Christmas Town features millions of twinkling lights, holiday shows, dining, shopping and the most famous elf of all, Santa Claus.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:50 pm

KDcoasterMAN wrote:
Screamscape sources are sorting through the news articles and permit applications BGW has submitted for the big 2012 coaster project. The new permits call for a new large 26,000 sqft ‘event building’ that will be 80 feet “above the existing grade” along with a themed bridge 95 feet above the grade. The new ride will make use of the former Big Bad Wolf station building as well. The former BBW ravine area will be “flattened” and a balloon test will be held on Dec 8th to show off how the new building and bridge will look from outside the park limits. With a building this big, it seems almost a given that the ride will feature some kind of indoor segment, which would be a nice addition if done well.

link

First I had heard of them flattening the BBW ravine...

Yeah, that's a little disappointing. You'd just think that they would keep that aspect of BBW around, but I guess now that it's gone, it's gone, and who really cares about ruining the natural terrain of that plot of land?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!