Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 997 - Report from Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Should be interesting to see transpire once vertical construction starts and footers are placed.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Just to add on to those photos, I shot a construction update video at the park this Labor Day weekend. I know I normally don't post links to my own videos, but if anyone is interested in checking it out, here ya go. http://youtu.be/gdTWb9nKZdc
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:48 am

No announcement regarding the new ride for 2015 at today's passholder event. But I can confirm the existence of construction walls near Apollo's Chariot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410014889.683248.jpg

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby zachclarke2 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:53 am

Pretty uneventful pass member presentation. A few notes:

-Monster Stomp will be returning. It's in the Globe Theater and will be called 'Monster Stomp on Ripper Row.' It features Jack the Ripper.
-Fiends is back in Ireland.
-Globe Theater will house a new show featuring Scrooge during Christmas Town. He didn't release any details about it.
-Not even a mention of the new ride. When I asked Carl about it afterwards he replied "What coaster?", so clearly they're not ready to give out any official info yet.
-They were selling food items in the Festhaus that will apparently be released next year, but I didn't see what they had available.
DSC_0003-2.jpg
"Raise your hands in the air if you want some information on the new coaster!

Sucks to suck!"
DSC_0005-2.jpg
A-ha!
Last edited by zachclarke2 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:17 pm.
Check out my photography! ----------> click
And my videos! ----------> click

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Passholder Appreciation Day, Blue Walls, & More Howl-o-Scream Prep

Busch Gardens held its annual "Passholder Appreciation Event" today, which included ERT on the rides in Oktoberfest, muffins galore, and a brief speech from park president Carl Lum in front of the Festhaus. Before discussing what was said there today, let's mention what wasn't said. Carl's remarks did not mention the new attraction for 2015 or address just what is going on behind the construction walls near Apollo's Chariot. The park is still playing this hand "close to the vest," and the only responses you're likely to get regarding any new ride for 2015 range from "Attraction? What new attraction?" to "It could be big."

So much for that. Here's what Carl did mention in his remarks:

BGW will be celebrating its 40th anniversary next year, starting with a "founder's event" in May--no details yet.

Howl-o-Scream 2014 will feature a new "Terror-tory"--Wendigo Woods--in New France, and Monster Stomp on Ripper Row in the Globe Theatre. This new version of a classic HOS show will, of course, star Jack the Ripper and use all the capabilities of the theatre, which received substantial upgrades in sound, lighting, and projection systems for London Rocks. Being as the theatre's "4D" seats are still functional, this could make for a very startling Halloween show, indeed. HOS starts on Friday, September 12.

Christmas Town 2014 will also receive a new show in the Globe Theatre: Scrooge No More. This updating of Charles Dickens's classic story "A Christmas Carol" substitutes a bitter, washed-up rock star for Ebeneezer Scrooge. The $25 Christmas Town pass, which gives passholders unlimited access to the event, will be back, as well.

Carl also thanked the passholders for their support, citing the online poll that helped determine the new menus for this year's Food and Wine Festival, which led to the new Carribbean and American Southwest booths. "I think I gained about ten pounds from those hush puppies [in the Caribbean booth]," he said.

That's it for the announcements. Let's take a walk around the park and see what else is happening.
001 - Copy.jpg
In a break from the past, the park held its ceremony outside, rather than inside, the Festhaus.
001a - Copy.jpg
Thank you, Busch Gardens.
001b.jpg
The morning's itinerary.
001c.jpg
The official lanyard, which provided a bit of "foreshadowing" for the park's announcements for next year.
001d.jpg
Of course, there were muffins and croissants aplenty for hungry passholders seeking breakfast.
002.jpg
You will believe t shirts can fly!
003.jpg
Carl Lum, the park's president, begins his speech.
004.jpg
He's pretty good at flinging Howl-o-Scream t shirts (with HOS Quick Queues attached), too.
005.jpg
He also threw a few Christmas Town t shirts into the crowd.
006.jpg
Looks like the Casket Club bar in front of the Festhaus is almost ready to dispense liquid courage to Howl-o-Scream guests.
007.jpg
But let's not forget the passholder Oktoberfest ERT. It included Verbolten . . .
008.jpg
. . . and Mach . . . oh, darn! (It was up and running later.)
009.jpg
"Belay them questions about any new ride, mate. Dead men tell no tales!"
010.jpg
New attraction?
011.jpg
What new attraction?
012.jpg
Pay no attention to what's going on behind the blue walls.
013.jpg
I must admit that parks are rather cute when they're being cagey. ;)
014.jpg
Hmm--I wonder if there will be some sort of piratical deviltry on this platform by the Pompeii bridge?
015.jpg
I hope everyone has their subway tokens or fare cards for Deadline.
016.jpg
Yeah--punkins.
017.jpg
All we need now are a couple of Naughty Nurses.
018.jpg
"New ride? Me not know. Go away!"
019.jpg
Maybe I'll check out Igor's Fright Feast this year--especially if the menu offers curry wurst, like it did last year.
020.jpg
Please note that Fiends is for "mature" audiences. Do not take small children, then gripe on the park's Facebook page about the skimpy costumes. Thank you.
021.jpg
Spiders and webs and ghosts, oh my!
022.jpg
France is getting "demonized" for HOS.
023.jpg
"OK, people--jazz hands!"
024.jpg
"I'm not hungry at the moment. Come back on September 12. I'll be happy to swallow your soul then!"
025.jpg
Hmm--I'm guess this is for Wendigo Woods?
026.jpg
Wendigo Woods confirmed. Thank you, James City County.
027.jpg
Bats? Why did it have to be bats?
028.jpg
Looks like the Vampire Point Hotel is almost ready to check you in. Checking out is your problem.
029.jpg
"I used to work in the Enchanted Laboratory, but I got a new job now."
030.jpg
England is transforming into Ripper Row. (This was a pretty good "Terror-tory" last year.)
031.jpg
What? Am I at Kings Island now?
032.jpg
Noted. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by cfc on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:38 pm.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Looks like the Vampire Point Hotel is almost ready to check you in. Checking out is your problem.

You can check anytime you like but you can never leave. :devil:

Looks like another fun event at Busch Gardens Chuck! I really miss this park and your awesome reports aren't helping me in dealing with my six year withdrawal!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:55 pm

^Those bloodsuckers serve pretty tasty tri tip, too.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:32 pm

Glad to see nothing has changed with Mach Tower since I last visited in 2011... still not quite ready.

I need to go back, I miss BGW. Great report!

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 am

^It's more dependable now than it was back then.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Mach was only down one evening when I was there, so it doesn't seem all that unreliable. Outlaw run breaks down at least twice a day here at silver dollar city haha
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!