Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 997 - Report from Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
All I want is a chainlift!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby pkdcoaster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 am

Huh?/\.....please elaborate.

JEFF
Actual Coaster Count: 402

Fav. Park: Cedar Point
Fav. Steel: Intimidator 305/ Fury 325
Fav. Wood: El Toro/Voyage

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 am

^^I think I know what you're referring to, but let's try to keep politics out of the forum, please. Whenever someone introduces politics onto these boards, it usually gets out of hand.

Thank you.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 am

BrownStreak wrote:
rollin_n_coastin wrote: Heading down to Virginia is even more tempting. Dark Castle, Apollo's Chariot, I305, Williamsburg, etc etc

What is "I305?" The US Interstate 305 (I-305) is in California...

Got me there for sec, I thought I got it wrong. Although, Interstate 305 could have some cool theming possibilities? Definitely not for Busch though lol

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Something kind of interesting to ponder over. The College of William and Mary has been forced to give up their Native American mascot (known as the Indians for a VERY long time before changing to the Tribe in the 80s), and has now adopted their new mascot, the Griffin. It was among other finalists, but I wonder if the nearby Griffon at BGW had any influence on the submissions and/or selection of the new nickname.

Link to the story.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:52 pm

^There were a few wisecracks about that around town--and it could be some sly little joke on the part of those crafty college students.

William and Mary had a transsexual homecoming queen last year, so I was sort of pulling for the "Fighting Transsexuals of W&M." ;)

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:20 pm

^I wonder how that would have gone over. They could have been the W&M Tribal Trannies. :lol:

**Disclaimer: I am in no way making a crack at trans-anyones. It was just an easy use of alliteration and I was obliged to use it. :p

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby chad5871 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:37 pm

How have the crowds at BGW been this week?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 pm

http://www.amusementtoday.com/

The National Roller Coaster Museum and Archives (NRCMA) recently received additional hardware to its ever growing collection of amusement park hardware and archives. The deliveries were made to its recently completed new two-story 2,400-square-foot warehouse in Plainview, Texas.

The first truck load of Busch Gardens Williamsburg Big Bad Wolf's cars and wheel assemblies arrive in Plainview, Texas

First up were three semi loads of vehicles, track, control panel, signage and other artifacts from Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Va.) and the recently removed Big Bad Wolf, an Arrow-suspended coaster. Prior to this delivery, the NRCMA did not have an Arrow Suspended Coaster vehicle in its growing collection. Also unique to this collection was the inclusion of two themed uniforms worn by ride operators on the big Bad Wolf, complete with Big Bad Wolf name tags.
BigBadWolf.gif
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey everyone!

Here is a little "Mini Trip Report" from my day at Busch last week. It's not very epic, but it's fun. Since I was in town for the Intimidator 305 filming I figured I'd take a day to hit up Busch. My Kings Dominion days were a little more like "work" days since we were doing their B-Roll filming for media day, so Busch was a little more relaxing. In fact, I didn't actually take a camera into the park so you'll have to deal with the semi-crappy pics from my iPhone 3G.

Here goes.....
1.jpg
I took a picture of the sign just in case I forgot what park I was visting.
2.jpg
I took a picture with Abby Cadabby to send to KidTums but looking back on it now it's sort of just, well... "creepy."
3.jpg
Dave (meteornotes) and Chuck (cfc) spent the day with me. This proves they really had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE to do! =)
4.jpg
New for 2010 - Sheep.
5.jpg
I've decided that this is the nerdiest T-Shirt ever created. It for the coaster geeks and the video game geeks. All it needed is something Star Trek related and you would instantly burst into flames when you put this on.
6.jpg
There is something kind of hypnotic about this picture. Not sure what it is. But just stare at it for about 2 minutes and you'll see what I mean.
7.jpg
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is "Dan Friendly." In fact, why don't you email him and let him know? mrt0ad13@aol.com
8.jpg
Obligatory "I look like a f**king moron" photo!
9.jpg
SKLOOOSH!
10.jpg
Yup...still creepy.
11.jpg
Horse.
12.jpg
"Oh crap! I really should take a picture of a roller coaster!"
13.jpg
I'm told I say this a lot. So I asked Busch Gardens to print it on a T-Shirt for me. How nice of them.
14.jpg
Wow, I gotta clench the rest of the day.
15.jpg
2 Arrows down... 1 to go! ;)
16.jpg
I want to take a moment to commend the Coaster Dynamix guys for taking something that is a hobby of theirs and getting parks to buy into their product. Congrats guys!
17.jpg
Coming soon! It's kind of like Soarin' but with more Europe.
18.jpg
We ended our day at the Williamsburg Buffalo Wild Wings.
19.jpg
Yum! Part Blazin', Part Garlic Parm! If anyone wants to send a few bottles of BWW sauce my way, you know the address!

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:42 pm.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:53 pm

I understand the hypnotic picture, and it saddens me :cry: I MISS BIG BAD WOLF!!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!