Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:09 pm

printersdevil78 wrote:What, they're removing Corkscrew Hill? This is an outrage! Let's get some T-shirts printed up! Start an online petition! Save Corkscrew Hill! They're taking out a classic ride for some Soarin' Over Europe crap? That's not fair to the fans or to the children who will never get to experience this unique and wonderful attraction. Anheuser-Busch ran this park like a family for over 30 years, and now this big conglomorate thinks they can just come in and start changing things? The nerve. The nerve! Amusement parks should never, ever change. Period.

;)

^ If I cut and paste this, I could make it talk about the BBW

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:11 pm

printersdevil78 wrote:What, they're removing Corkscrew Hill? This is an outrage! Let's get some T-shirts printed up! Start an online petition! Save Corkscrew Hill! They're taking out a classic ride for some Soarin' Over Europe crap? That's not fair to the fans or to the children who will never get to experience this unique and wonderful attraction. Anheuser-Busch ran this park like a family for over 30 years, and now this big conglomorate thinks they can just come in and start changing things? The nerve. The nerve! Amusement parks should never, ever change. Period.

;)

They shouldn't... Than every park would be full of classic rides :)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:10 am

Wow, I see so many similarities between politics and the amusement industry right now.
Amusement parks should never, ever change. Period.

^but that summed it up^

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 am

We are calling it Ram-Jam
:omg: Ok, maybe its just my dirty mind coming out, but couldn't they have come up with a better name?!
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

Star Wars is gay.

EITA Vs Soarin

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:55 pm

It seems to me like Europe in the Air will be extremely similar to Soarin', just with a Europe theme. Anyone else think this?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

^Er, pretty much everyone who's posted so far. ;)

;)

Where were you when they removed King Arthur's Challenge? We could've saved it!

Eurofighters are Red Dawn Awesome!

Postby Pufferfish » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 pm

^Oh man, I completely forgot about that one! Seriously though, I think this change is needed. I mean I love Corkscrew Hill and all, but it's become a little dated, and it's not particularly up to the "classic" status. If King Arthur had actually stuck around though, then there might have been a few more problems with this change.
Just keep swimming...

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Griffonluv » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm

They had been having quite a bit of maintainance trouble with it too. It was becoming a hassle to run at times.

Open Up Happiness

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:11 am

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a new press release about their money-saving options for 2010.

Busch Gardens is expanding its social media presence and launching a Twitter feed for its online fans who want to save money during their next visit.

Starting March 1, Busch Gardens’ fans can follow the park on Twitter for the latest information and exclusive offers. “It will be the best place for the park’s online fans to find limited-time deals, deep discounts and last-minute offers on admission tickets, meal plans, behind-the-scenes tours and merchandise,” said Dan Dipiazzo, vice president of marketing for Busch Gardens.

The theme park is giving away a $1,400 prize package when it officially launches its Twitter feed, @BuschGardens_VA, on March 1. Twitter users who start following Busch Gardens’ new feed now will be eligible to win two Platinum Passes – good for two years of unlimited admission to Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and seven other theme parks around the country – as well as a pair of round-trip tickets to any location serviced by Southwest Airlines.

To become eligible for the prize package and to receive the exclusive offers from Busch Gardens on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/BuschGardens_VA and click on the “Follow” button.

In addition to the exclusive deals on Twitter, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA have additional money-saving offers for park guests:

-Prices for 2010 passes start at $99.95, the same as they did in 2009
-Fun Card passes remain the same price as a one-day ticket while valid for unlimited admission during the summer
-New 2-Day, 2-Park ticket is a budget-friendly way of visiting Busch Gardens and Water Country USA
-Save $5 when guests buy single-day tickets online at BuschGardens.com/VA and WaterCountryUSA.com
-Save $10 when guests buy Summer Discovery tickets online at BuschGardens.com/VA and WaterCountryUSA.com
-Save 20 percent when guests buy Williamsburg Bounce tickets online at BuschGardens.com/VA and WaterCountryUSA.com
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a new press release about an extended schedule for their successful holiday event, Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration.

Fresh off Busch Gardens’ successful first year of Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration, park leaders are enhancing the guest experience for the 2010 season. Busch Gardens is extending its Christmas Town operation through New Year’s Eve by adding five additional operating days to its schedule.

“We kept hearing from guests that they were looking for something to do between Christmas and New Year’s. We listened and are extending the schedule to accommodate that request,” said Busch Gardens General Manager John Reilly.

Christmas Town will open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 3 – 10 p.m. starting Nov. 26, and will open every day except Christmas Day from Dec. 17 through Dec. 31. The park will close at 9 p.m. on Nov. 28, Dec. 5, Dec. 12 and on Christmas Eve.

Additional Christmas Town details planned for the 2010 holiday season will be announced later this year.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!