Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 993 - Report from Howl-o-Scream
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby braztaz » Sat May 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Any new news about the "Drop Tower"?
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:14 am

^Not lately--but they have added water cannons to Escape from Pompeii.
09.jpg
So much fun for just a quarter.
10.jpg
Torture, torture! It pleasures me!

Postby braztaz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:40 am

That's awesome!

I can't wait to ride it later this year!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:51 pm

With the water canons they have added a little "drive a mini boat" attraction in a corner of the Pompeii reservoir. Its like $.5 to drive a toy boat...

Also, I found a post. It's a 6 ft tall 4x4 post in the mulch work next to the Kataplut (Scrambler). There where no survey markers or paint lines nearby. Just a post stuck in the ground not apart of the scenery. It felt like to me it may had been used as a vantage point marker. The gully behind it isn't too deep and if filled in and leveled it could provide a decent way to "connect" the two parts of Oktoberfest. Not to mention it would b e a good place for a Drop Tower.

Postby braztaz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 pm

KDcoasterMAN wrote:With the water canons they have added a little "drive a mini boat" attraction in a corner of the Pompeii reservoir. Its like $.5 to drive a toy boat...

Also, I found a post. It's a 6 ft tall 4x4 post in the mulch work next to the Kataplut (Scrambler). There where no survey markers or paint lines nearby. Just a post stuck in the ground not apart of the scenery. It felt like to me it may had been used as a vantage point marker. The gully behind it isn't too deep and if filled in and leveled it could provide a decent way to "connect" the two parts of Oktoberfest. Not to mention it would b e a good place for a Drop Tower.

Hmm, good find.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:49 am

^^It's a great place for Der Fallinfast!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kingkahuna19 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Has any one been to BGW recently and participated in the mobile texts? If so do you know what the shortcode is and what offers the park gave you?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:58 pm

http://bgwfans.com/?p=909

The Board of Supervisors held their June meeting tonight, officially awarding Busch Gardens the height waiver they requested back on April 28. The county recognizes that the park is in a highly competitive industry and does not require them to give specifics about new attractions but I was able to gain a few bits of information about the forthcoming tower.

The first, and most interesting, bit of info is an overhead view of the park and a dot where the tower will be located. Many, including myself had heard that Katapult was likely to be moved to make room for the tower. However, if you zoom in on the picture, the dot appears to be on the side of the path which once housed Big Bad Wolf.

Perhaps Katapult will remain in place and the empty area beside the old Big Bad Wolf station will house the drop tower. Furthermore, perhaps the Big Bad Wolf station is still there to be used as the beginning of a queue for the tower.

The second bit of info was compliments of one of the board members. It appeared he was trying to discuss the ride dynamics but make sure he didn’t say too much. His comments were in regards to a Kingsmill resident voicing concern regarding the noise the new ride could generate. He stated that not all of the riders would be facing the same way. Now, before you jump down my throat about the fact that drop towers normally have passengers on four sides, the only reason I mention it is to suggest that you shouldn’t expect a Tower of Terror style ride.

The third thing was that it was mentioned that the tower was thin so it won’t block any light or be an eyesore. Again, I’m aware that most drop towers are thin, I only mention this bit of info to suggest that the tower will likely not be fully enclosed. This shouldn’t be a shock to anyone.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby almightyfire » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm

drop towers are sooo boring. waste of money. i assumed a coaster would take the place of BBW's removal.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm

There's no way they build an Intamin drop tower with another one just an hour away, is there?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!