Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1039 - Bierfest 2018 announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby viking86 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:02 pm

cfc wrote:Insane lumberjack zombies should scream this song will they chase you around the maze.

:nina:

Nrthwnd wrote:^ More terrifying than "It's A Small World After All..." over and over and over? :evil:

Nah that ride is in a league of it's own.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:55 pm

There was some other HOS prep going on, too. They've been setting up Cutthroat Cove, and I noticed some orange tarp and digging equipment in the woods behind Verbolten (location of LumberHacks) and some new buildings in a backstage area where Root of All Evil used to be (probably for the Cornered evil-farm maze). You can see some of this work from the train.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:05 pm

cfc wrote:^Excuse me--you said "wave of drunks." That being said, I really think you're exaggerating. I have yet to encounter even a "wave of drunks" at BGW, even during Food & Wine, when alcohol is even more available.

You want to see a real "wave of drunks"? Go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal.

I saw a wave of drunks at BGW once. They were my friends :?r

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:27 pm

I'm going to BGW for the first time ever on September 4. What kind of crowds can I expect on a Friday in early September?
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TB305 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:53 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:I'm going to BGW for the first time ever on September 4. What kind of crowds can I expect on a Friday in early September?

Considering its labor day weekend Friday you'll get to ride all the coasters maybe once, if you're lucky. Prep to get rekt.

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:17 am

Thanks for the information. I decided to purchase a Quick Queue Unlimited voucher.

On another note, does the park have free wifi?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:01 pm

08-26-15 Bier Fest.jpg

BUSCH GARDENS® BIER FEST BRINGS OKTOBERFEST TO WILLIAMSBURG

New Fall Event Featuring Beer, Bands and Bavarian Traditions Begins Sept. 12

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (August 26, 2015) – Busch Gardens® Bier Fest honors the theme park’s Bavarian heritage this September with its own Oktoberfest celebration. This festival-style event spans two weekends and features live music, traditional German food and 75 draft and bottled beers that offer beer aficionados a robust palate of flavors to sample.

Bier Fest takes place two weekends, Sept. 12-13 and 19-20. The celebration will transform the park’s Oktoberfest village into a true traditional event. New beer bars throughout the village will offer guests a full range of beer styles from all over the world, including a selection of Virginia-brewed craft beers.

“This fall we are exploring the many flavors of beer with brewers from 10 countries. With beer varieties from Europe, Asia and America, Busch Gardens Bier Fest is the largest beer celebration in our park’s history. I look forward to hosting guests as we celebrate the fine art of brewing,” said Park President Carl Lum.

Guests walking through the Oktoberfest village can enjoy traditional German music by The Happy Dutchmen. This Oompah band engages audiences with songs like Edelweiss, Schitzelbank and Ein Prosit and invites the audience to join in traditional German dances, including Der Ententan and the Chicken Dance.

Busch Gardens’ Bürgermeister will host a tapping of the keg ceremony at 11:30 a.m. on each day of the event. Park leaders will tap a locally produced, cask-conditioned keg, also known as a firkin keg, to kick off the day’s event. Local craft beer brewers developed the small batches of cask-conditioned beer that will be available in limited quantities that day.

Beer enthusiasts interested in tasting a variety of styles can purchase a Bier Fest Sampler that provides 10 individual 3 oz. samples for one price. The card can be used anytime during the entire four-day event so guests can relax and enjoy their selections.

Traditional German cordials also will be available for guests interested in exploring the world of liqueurs. Among the offerings will be a selection of traditional German Schnaps. Traditional Schnaps is made from apples, pears, plums or cherries. It does not contain sugar and is not particularly sweet, though it carries some of the flavor of the fruits used in the distilling process. Busch Gardens is offering a special “Cordials Tasting” at an additional cost during Bier Fest for guests who want to learn more about these offerings.

Guests can cleanse their palates with new German-inspired cuisine offered at the park only during this event, including hand-breaded pork schnitzel in creamy mushroom-and-bacon sauce and German meatballs in caper cream sauce. Das Festhaus® will also serve its regular menu during Bier Fest so guests can enjoy familiar German-inspired entrees they expect from the park.

Das Festhaus will also showcase live music during the event, including singer, songwriter and guitarist Kevin MaC the first weekendand country music group Harley Boone the second.

Visit buschgardens.com/va for complete Bier Fest details, information on purchasing Bier Fest Samplers, and the park’s hours of operation.

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:53 pm

It's been a few days and nobody responded to my last question, so I'll ask it again.

Does anybody know if BGW has free WiFi? I noticed they have an app that shows wait times for the rides, but it's useless to me if I can't connect my iPod touch to a WiFi network.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:02 pm

^^Oh my...I am still trying to compute everything that I just read, but all I can think or say is...

"MUST GET TO BGW FOR BIER FEST!!!!" :lover:

Edit: Also pulled the attached from their website for anyone interested in some of their beer offerings.
Capture.JPG

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:It's been a few days and nobody responded to my last question, so I'll ask it again.

Does anybody know if BGW has free WiFi? I noticed they have an app that shows wait times for the rides, but it's useless to me if I can't connect my iPod touch to a WiFi network.

I'm not sure which is more useless- the app or the rather limited in-park wi-fi.

Hope that answers your question! Make sure to get a pretzel!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!