Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Haymaker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Whatever it is, the area is huge. It spans from Festa Italia to the Rhine.
20190717_212205.jpg
20190717_201816.jpg
Piledriver
20190717_195846.jpg
Backside of cleared area along Rhine

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:40 pm

Am I the only one who’s upset that Drachen Fire’s plot still stands empty? I always imagined the next expansion would take over back there; I never could have foreseen it going where it is.

I took the train on my visit in 2015 and really actually enjoyed the animal enclosures in the area where the new coaster is going.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:29 am

^No, I've also been bugged about that plot being empty, ever since Drachen Fire was no longer there! :lol: As one of those (apparently few) people who loved the coaster, and didn't think the roughness (even with the removed corkscrew) merited its removal, I've lamented its lack of existence for years now, and the lack of anything directly replacing it has been a bit of a sore spot too. However, I think I've heard that there are some issues with the neighbors in the area back there putting up a stink about noise, which has probably led to the lack of anything new there. However, I'm still holding out hope for a B&M Floorless Drachen Fire tribute coaster back there, and choosing to believe that's why they haven't put anything else there! ;)

Another issue that could explain it, is that one of the stated reasons for Drachen Fire's closure is that it had low ridership numbers since it was a bit out of the way (it really was - though not on the level of The Bat at KI or Thunderbird at HW). So they may be gunshy about putting anything else there, unless they build up that entire area alongside it.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.The Voyage 6.Twisted Timbers 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:48 am

I would love a Spain hamlet so much with a nice larger wooden coaster at this point. Who would of thought that BGW would eventually have "more" launch coasters than Kings Dominion?
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:08 am

I'm always at a loss to figure out why enthusiasts care about something as trivial as a plot of land that once housed a former attraction now sitting empty. If it was a case of the park never adding anything after a removal I could completely understand, but... like this park adds stuff every year or so... How many coasters have they added since they ripped out that failure of an Arrow?

Was there something about the trees over there or what? I'm not really trying to be a dick - help me understand.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 am

If a park put a giant empty field in the middle of the park I might care, but I've never once even bothered to walk by the Drachen Fire plot because it's in the middle of nowhere. I can't believe they ever put a ride there to begin with.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:27 am

It’s not about the Drachen Fire plot per se, but the animal enclosures that used to be on this land that I enjoyed. You could only see them from the train.

The Drachen Fire part is only that they have that land they could’ve used instead.

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:13 am

coasterbill wrote:If a park put a giant empty field in the middle of the park I might care

Darien Lake be like

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:32 am

^ That implies that there'd be anything to remotely care about anything at Darien Lake! :P
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:49 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:^ That implies that there'd be anything to remotely care about anything at Darien Lake! :P

Ride of Steel, but if youre near BGW youre near the SFA version.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!