Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1051 - Christmas Town "hard-hat" tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:37 am

cfc wrote:I think Finnegan's Flyer is a good choice for Ireland, but I'm more intrigued by Cutback, the water coaster. Should be a lot better than Meltdown, the ride it's replacing.

It's funny because years ago, I used to think that Meltdown was the best attraction in the park. Look how far we've come.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BrianGC » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:07 am

We visited Water Country a few weeks ago and thought Meltdown was one of the weaker slides there. Cutback looks like it's going to be wonderful, though! Very happy about this.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:12 am

Cutback may be enough to get me to visit Water Country for a few hours next time I'm down there. I'm interested to give these saucer slides a second chance after a less than stellar ride on SFFT's Thunder Rapids.

Then the Screamin' Swing is an excellent addition for Busch Gardens and the placement sounds awesome.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:15 am

A.J. wrote:
cfc wrote:I think Finnegan's Flyer is a good choice for Ireland, but I'm more intrigued by Cutback, the water coaster. Should be a lot better than Meltdown, the ride it's replacing.

It's funny because years ago, I used to think that Meltdown was the best attraction in the park. Look how far we've come.

I remember valleying near the end of Meltdown years ago. I had to wait until a big wave came down the slide to push me ahead. It was (at best) an OK ride, but Cutback should be much better.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vertigomike » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:41 pm

So happy for this Screamin Swings addition. The Ireland section needed this ride badly.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Both of these rides are going to be great additions to the park. Screaming Swings are tons of fun and I really hope they start popping up more. Every time I read this thread, it just reminds me how much I love this park. I really need to make another trip out there because it's been about 5 years since my last visit. I may hold off until 2020 in case the rumored Giga comes to fruition.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:19 pm

OMG...love both of these announcements!

I think that I said in another thread that every park should have a giant frisbee and screaming swing!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 am

In case any of you were wondering, the park will be closed on Saturday due to the weather, but they're planning to open at 10:00 am Sunday (again, weather permitting).

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:08 pm

According to the park's Facebook page, Howl-o-Scream will begin tomorrow, but the Terror-tories (scare zones) and outdoor mazes won't be running. I think they took a lot of their decorations down early last week in anticipation of Hurricane Florence, but the storm missed us.

Indoor mazes and shows will be running.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Damn, that must be frustrating. Taking decorations down, then the storm passes you by, thankfully,
but then you have to (sort of) second guess when to put them back up.

Kudos to the staff and people having to do this for the park.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!