Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 963 - Food & Wine Festival Report
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:22 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
boldikus wrote:
Trevor Hamilton wrote:
Also we really need Spain with a Maverick style Intamin coaster.

This might be the best park/coaster related idea ever. An Intamin Blitz @ BGW? :lover: :lover: :lover:

I would die. :lover: :lover:

Probably highly unlikely. . . But it's fun to dream!!

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Are We to Disagree?

:nina: :nina: :nina:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Keetz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:03 am

Looking for some trip planning feedback.

I'll be doing a KD/BGW weekend trip in April/ early May. We bought our KD tickets with Fastlane back in the fall cause they were really cheap, so not worried about lines at KD. Both parks are ~10am-10pm on Saturday and then ~10am-8pm on Sunday. Right now I'm thinking Saturday BGW then Sunday KD. Does anyone have some insights for crowds around this time of year?

Thanks!
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby BigBad » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:10 am

Aren't you locked in by when your KD fast pass is?

Anyway, I'd hit the non-fast pass park on the lighter day, which likely is Sunday.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Keetz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:16 am

BigBad wrote:Aren't you locked in by when your KD fast pass is?

Anyway, I'd hit the non-fast pass park on the lighter day, which likely is Sunday.

The deal was a park ticket and fast lane plus combo for any day through August, so no.

As for the Saturday vs Sunday. BGW is the better overall park where I would want to spend more time aka drink beer till 10. However if crowds can be significantly different, then it tips the balance.
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:25 am

If you have the money, you may want to invest in the QuickQueue Unlimited at BGW. I did when I was at BGW the summer before last and it made for a relaxing, line-free day.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:29 am

I would expect both parks to be fairly busy on Saturday (your Fast Lane will come in handy at KD).

Postby sfkk » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:03 pm

I don't know if this has been posted on here yet, but BGW has jumped on the bandwagon of offering a season long fast pass. They call it the Ultimate Thrills Quick Queue. However, it is by far the most expensive in the industry at $555, and it does not even include Hallowscream or Christmas Town. I honestly wonder how many of these they sell. You would have to use it about ten times to be more economical than just buying single day Quick Queue unlimited passes, and I honestly cannot see someone needing one that many times. Maybe if you can only come to the park during weekends and you come nearly every weekend in the summer this makes sense? However, I just read the fine print and it says pass members get a special rate by logging into the pass member website. So maybe the $555 is only the price if you have the fun card and it is a bit cheaper if you have the annual pass?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:48 pm

sfkk wrote: it is by far the most expensive in the industry at $555

Nope. Magic Mountain sells theirs for $799.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Mystery Mine
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Holiday World 5. Knott's Berry Farm

Postby sfkk » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:56 pm

^Full price is $799, but right now on their website they are selling them for $499. Like with the season passes, I doubt they ever actually get to full price, there is always one sale or another. Plus Magic Mountain has a much longer operating season and theirs is good for FF and HITP.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:07 pm

^ Yeah, comparing full price of one to the sale price of another isn't exactly a fair comparison. But I don't think you're really trying to make a fair comparison here. Clearly you just want to be right, so sure. You're right. Busch Gardens has by far the most expensive pass that's 10% more than another park's sale price.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Mystery Mine
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Holiday World 5. Knott's Berry Farm

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!