Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 992 - Bierfest and Howl-o-Scream prep
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 am

Oh yeah, I'm sure an entirely new land and centerpiece coaster is totally within Sea World Entertainment's current budget.

This may have been the plan at one point (who really knows?), but given their current financial situation and their remarks on their most recent conference call I don't think it's reasonable for the foreseeable future.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 pm

coasterbill wrote:Oh yeah, I'm sure an entirely new land and centerpiece coaster is totally within Sea World Entertainment's current budget.

This may have been the plan at one point (who really knows?), but given their current financial situation and their remarks on their most recent conference call I don't think it's reasonable for the foreseeable future.

I think it really depends on how much revenue these large investments at the Sea World parks turns out. It they're successful and generate some revenue I'm sure they'll turn more attention back towards the Busch Parks. Maybe 2020 is a tad bit early for that though.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Postby prozach626 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:21 pm

2023 was what I was thinking.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Trevor Hamilton » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues. I mean those are five coasters that are either expensive or pretty heavily themed. I don't know the full extent of their financial issues or what was said about the conference, but if they continue the expansion of their parks at this rate, I'd be more than happy.

Maybe it's possible that they don't build and open a new section of the park all at once, but rather open a few small rides and shops starting in 2019 or 2020, then expand gradually until about 2023 or 2024. Again, I don't know too much about Sea World's financial state or the exact ins and outs of the theme park business, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
My Top 5 Roller Coasters:
1. Griffon 2. Fury 325 3. 1305 4. Maverick 5. El Toro
Coaster Count: 101
Park Count: 17
Home Park: Hershey Park
Favorite Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Trevor Hamilton wrote:Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues. I mean those are five coasters that are either expensive or pretty heavily themed. I don't know the full extent of their financial issues or what was said about the conference, but if they continue the expansion of their parks at this rate, I'd be more than happy.

Maybe it's possible that they don't build and open a new section of the park all at once, but rather open a few small rides and shops starting in 2019 or 2020, then expand gradually until about 2023 or 2024. Again, I don't know too much about Sea World's financial state or the exact ins and outs of the theme park business, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Don't forget Wave Breaker!
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby StarWars » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Not counting the Sesame Street section, when was the last time they actually built a brand new area? Note: I'm not counting Ireland, as it was a remodel of the pre-existing Hastings area of England.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Festa Italia I believe. If you don't count Land of Dragons.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Trevor Hamilton wrote:Honestly with Tempesto, Mako, Cobra's Curse, InvadR, and now Electric Eel all coming to Sea World parks, you wouldn't think at first glance that Sea World is having financial issues.

Depending on how far back Mako, Wave Breaker, and Electric Eel were planned, I'd say they were more the actions of a wounded dog or a sign of desperation to get people to return to the parks and surrender their paychecks.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:18 pm

boldikus wrote:
Trevor Hamilton wrote:
Also we really need Spain with a Maverick style Intamin coaster.

This might be the best park/coaster related idea ever. An Intamin Blitz @ BGW? :lover: :lover: :lover:

I would die. :lover: :lover:

Probably highly unlikely. . . But it's fun to dream!!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
boldikus wrote:
Trevor Hamilton wrote:
Also we really need Spain with a Maverick style Intamin coaster.

This might be the best park/coaster related idea ever. An Intamin Blitz @ BGW? :lover: :lover: :lover:

I would die. :lover: :lover:

Probably highly unlikely. . . But it's fun to dream!!

Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Are We to Disagree?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!