Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1963: Wonder Woman : Lasso of Truth Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 am

prozach626 wrote:Where's a good place near SF to grab a somewhat quick meal and a beer for dinner? For lunch, do they have wraps or anything remotely healthy in the park? We like to eat at least somewhat clean for lunch and we don't care as much for dinner.

The area by the park doesn't have much. I usually eat in Hamilton (20 min away) after I leave.

I think there's a gyro place by El Toro that looked to have some healthier options. No clue how good they are though.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Brockton Fair & Story Land

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am

prozach626 wrote:Where's a good place near SF to grab a somewhat quick meal and a beer for dinner? For lunch, do they have wraps or anything remotely healthy in the park? We like to eat at least somewhat clean for lunch and we don't care as much for dinner.

There was nothing edible at all in the park when I visited a couple of years ago, and the area seemed to be predominantly fast food / gas station food. I'd plan alternatives well in advance if possible.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:48 am

^How dare you call Wawa GAS STATION FOOD!!!!!!! :lmao:

I believe there are wraps available at some places. Don't quote me on that 100% but I feel like I've seen them at Granny's at least.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am

Yeah, your best bet is Wawa because everything else is crappy fast food and a weird pizza place. That said, all of those places will be packed after the park closes so if there's something closer to wherever you're staying that would be a better bet. I like Wawa, it's not the greatest thing out there but it's the best option by the park by default.

PS: If you do go to Wawa it's on the left but you have to turn right to get there because Jersey. If after going right to go left you’d like to complete your cultural Jersey experience at Wawa you’re also welcome to pull up to a gas pump and have someone pump your gas for you.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm

I was at the park today and it was dead :). I got lots of rides in - 37 without a flash pass. Had to leave early because of the storm moving in. I could've had a lot more.

Wonder Woman is still fenced in, and there was no activity at all by it today. It looks almost complete. I was hoping to ride "her" when I was there :lol:. It looks like Crazanity at Magic Mountain in LA. I enjoy that ride a lot -- lots of airtime. Is there a reasonable guess for the opening? I'll be back in September for "Riding of the Bull." I'm hoping she's up then.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 pm

If you’re really looking for a place for beers and good food, you could always give the Plumsted Grill a try. It’s a little under ten minutes from the park in the opposite direction from 195 (back where 537 turns into a two-lane road). Food and drinks are good and reasonably priced. That said, there isn’t anything else around it, so it’ll also depend on where you guys ended up choosing to stay. If you’re closer to Hamilton or Freehold, it’s better to try and find something more closer to there.

Just don’t go to Tommy’s next to the KFC, no matter how desperate you are for a drink. It sucks. Hard.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SK4494 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:02 am

I was just wondering, when is SF going to put the new restraints on Kingda Ka like what Maverick and Intim305 has?

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:05 am

Never. Sit in the front row and you’ll be fine.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 am

90% of the responses you’re going to get will be more made up than this statistic.

Except Bill’s.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 am

And if you don't have time/don't feel like waiting for the front. Honestly, as long as you sit in any of the front rows of a car, its considerably smoother than in the the backs of one.

...But as for the question above. Yea, probably not gonna happen. Those restraints have been available for nearly a decade already, so if SIX haven't bothered to put in them yet, I don't see them installing now or anytime in the future.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!