Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: The Six Flags Great Adventure (GADV) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 am

CoasterPrince wrote:The only restroom without a water fountain is the one in Golden Kingdom...but why drink sun-beaten fountain water when you can get an ice cold cup for free.

Why drink any water or ice made from New Jersey water?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Love Donkeys!

Postby StrataKirby » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 am

larrygator wrote:
CoasterPrince wrote:The only restroom without a water fountain is the one in Golden Kingdom...but why drink sun-beaten fountain water when you can get an ice cold cup for free.

Actually their "bottled water" tastes like... tap water... anyways :oops:

I wouldn't put it past Six Flags to fill empty bottles with tap water

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 am

StrataKirby wrote:
larrygator wrote:

Actually their "bottled water" tastes like... tap water... anyways :oops:

I wouldn't put it past Six Flags to fill empty bottles with tap water

That's essentualy what bottled water is anyways.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 am

The bottled water sold at SFGAdv is far superior to crappy New Jersey tap water.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Blind Idiot God » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 am

CHILLERLC1 wrote:Who needs to ask for a cup of ice at SFGADV? We have a good allotment of water fountains around the park, better than some other parks.

Do you have any idea just how many people put their mouths on them or spit in them?

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:01 am

Blind Idiot God wrote:
CHILLERLC1 wrote:Who needs to ask for a cup of ice at SFGADV? We have a good allotment of water fountains around the park, better than some other parks.

Do you have any idea just how many people put their mouths on them or spit in them?

When a tree falls in the forest, and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby StrataKirby » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Hercules wrote:
Blind Idiot God wrote:

When a tree falls in the forest, and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?

Falling trees don't normally cause dysentery though...

Or radiation poisoning...

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Location: Kickin' in the front seat, sittin' in the back seat

Postby DiveMachine » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 pm

well guys, a new article has come out recently:
http://jtown.us.com/?p=244
Chang coming to Six Flags Great Adventure

Jackson, NJ – It is now almost certain that the new ride which will be built in place of Great American Scream Machine will be the coaster which was named ”Chang”. Last week, Six Flags submitted a site plan to the Jackson Township planning board for a new steel roller coaster. The overhead rendering of the new ride however matches 100% with “Chang” which was in operation at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom from 1997 to 2009 when it abandoned the theme park. The theme park was taken over by the Kentucky State Fair Board, but part of the agreement allowed Six Flags to take one coaster.

The ride was originally rumored to be headed to Six Flags Great America, but site plans submitted by Six Flags all but confirm that the new steel rollercoaster which will replace the Great American Scream Machine is most likely Chang. Six Flags is expected to officially unveil the new coaster in the spring of 2010.

You can see a picture of Chang before it was dismantled at Coastergallery.com. You can see the diagram submitted to Jackson Township’s planning board [url="http://jtown.us.com/?p=239"]here[/url].

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby terdferg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 pm

larrygator wrote:The bottled water sold at SFGAdv is far superior to crappy New Jersey tap water.

you would be surprised. the quality of the ground water in the majority of new jersey is very, very good. except for the area around the meadowlands and pompton lakes, and toms river, water in the aquifer (especially south jersey) is contaminant free.

the bottled water is probobly just tap from an industrial city elsewhere.

MOD EDIT by larrygator: I have never had a good glass of tap water in New Jersey, and I've been pretty much all over the state (Newark, Trenton, Sparta, Jersey City, Hoboken, Parsippany, Hackensack, Edison, Lakewood, Howell, Atlantic City, Wildwood, Ocean City, Seaside, Belmar, Breille, Keansburg, Atlantic Highlands, Hazlet, Perth Amboy, Woodbridge, Cherry Hill, All the Brunswicks, Old Bridge, Wall Township, Brick, Manahawkin, LBI, Tuckerton, Tinton Falls, Mantoloking, Lavalette, Morristown, GGalssboro, Hoptacong, Somerset, Matawan, Waretown, Point Pleasant, Asbury Park, Brigantine, Long Branch, Cape May), no good water.
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 pm.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby schotj » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Why did the mod feel the need to edit that post? Who cares what the water in New Jersey tastes like. Everyone has different opinions. Talk about the park...not the freaking water. We don't care all the places you've been to in Jersey.

MOD EDIT by larrygator: because I didn't want to post for posting's sake and agree we should be talking about the park and not the water
Last edited by larrygator on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:49 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!