Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is that a giant golf ball?

Postby alpengeistdude321 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:18 pm

Ugh... I've heard the park has an awful atmosphere and clientelle. That's why I never want to go. (CP instead 8) )

It's good that they are improving security though.

De onnodige vekoma pijn

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Captain Jack » Thu May 12, 2005 4:39 pm

Kingda Ka was given the greenlight today by NJ at about 2 O'Clock, and ran its first circuit with passengers... This is all according to http://www.gadv.com and has been proven true. I'm sure pictures and more news are soon to come. On top of all that, others have reported that the commercial was filmed today as well.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:50 pm.

I'm from SoCal, feel bad for me!

Could SFGrAd be getting some Wood next year?

Postby What Now » Tue May 17, 2005 5:25 pm

It is according to this article (in German).

The crappy Babelfish translation:
After Colossos and Balder now a roller coaster for the USA

Timber building construction Cordes works on the entrance into the American market

Waffensen. (bn). After "Colossos", the largest roller coaster of the world in the heath park Soltau, and "Balder" in the Goeteborger recreational park Liseberg, excellently as "the best wood roller coaster of the world", the company Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes in Waffensen designs a new giant for breath-robbing leisure fun now: a roller coaster for the park "Six flag - adventure" New York close in Jackson (new jersey) great.

Zurzeit are still busy with last job planning engineers of the 50-Mitarbeiter-Betriebes, then the skilled workers with their machines at the row come. The third roller coaster - like its two predecessor inside from heath Kiefern - leans in its building method strongly against "Colossos" and is in the spring coming yearly into enterprise to go. It is the first roller coaster from Waffensen, which makes the journey over the large pond into the USA. In August the weekly partial transportation begin at Bremerhaven - altogether 80 containers will be necessary.

Engeneering graduate Heinrich Cordes (64), that together with its son Ulf (39), engeneering graduate and diploma operation manager, at the point of the now 100 years old enterprise stands, is proud: "we are in the professional world by two punktlandungen admit become." He means with it the quality and date loyalty with the two first orders for roller coaster.

Cordes is pleased about order for US: "we expect thereby the entrance into the North American market. Naturally a further punktlandung requires. I think that we will be concerned in the future more frequently with tasks of timber construction on international market."

A special honor is it for Cordes and its coworkers that the roller coaster for the recreational park in Goeteborg (Sweden), built in Waffensen, was selected to the best world - under 156 wood roller coasters, which there are altogether. For the arrow-fast "Balder" a surface area of only 6,450 square meters was available. Here a special measure of precision and planning security were demanded, in order to establish close together with refined Schlenkern a 1,100 meters long course, on which the cars with up to 95 kilometers per hour hunt along.

"Colossos" was for Cordes before five years the entrance into the building of roller coasters. , the 64-jaehrige boss remembers self-assurance and courage, in addition already heard after competitors would have made a backdown. Accurately as intended, the 60 meters high giant with a route distance of 1,500 meters and a maximum speed of speed confessed 120. "Colossos" consists of approximately 120,000 individual parts. Its life span - which is wood impregnated - becomes estimated on at least 50 years.

Heinrich Cordes, which expects Minister attendance from Hanover shortly with its coworkers, presents still another further respectable order: 50 earthquake-proof single family houses for Iran. The 64-Jaehrige expects still substantially larger orders, which include the building of schools and kindergartens from the Islamic republic.

Heinrich Cordes is pleased: He builds his third roller coaster for the recreational park "Six flag - adventure" jersey new in Jackson in the state great (behind Cordes in the picture: "Balder", excellently as "the best roller coaster of the world")

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Andrew643 » Tue May 17, 2005 5:34 pm

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 17, 2005 5:40 pm

This was a pretty reliable rumor for the last 3 or 4 years now.

Reasons it IS true:

- PR woman quoted as saying 'they were watching Colossos very carefully, because they think that it would work well at SFGAd".

- Intamin often signs multiride deals with parks

- The park could use a wooden coaster

- Seems like SFGAd is now getting the 'flagship, compete with CP' treatment instead of SFMM

Reasons it ISN't True:

- 2 Huge Cost, Big projects back to back

- Six Flags has Problems with wood and Intamin

- Hard to believe it would be confirmed before their current coaster even opens

All I have to say is I'm going to be damn pissed if SFGAd gets two big intamin rides back to back while SFMM still basks in the glory of X and Deja Vu!!!!!

Elissa "hopes it's true, the Intamin Woodies are AWESOME!" Alvey

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue May 17, 2005 6:14 pm

If it does come true that might actually get me to go down there.

Kingda Ka wasn't enough, but that might do it.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby cgodsey » Tue May 17, 2005 6:40 pm

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1.) SFMM is getting a new coaster for 2006. Don't give up hope on them just yet ;)
2.) Six Flags likes to purchase rides for one park and then move them to another. Maybe the wooden coaster will be for another park???

With it being so early, ANYTHING is possible.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 17, 2005 6:45 pm

^Too Late!

I gave up hope in that park a long time ago! :lol:

Elissa "NO MORE FLYERS PLEASE!!!!" Alvey

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Tue May 17, 2005 6:58 pm

No doubt about it...it went before the Jackson Township Planing Board last night: http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/planningboa ... 051605.htm

Back to back INTAMINS!

BTW- Kingda Ka is amazing! 8)

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Could SFGrAd be getting some Wood

Postby calcajun » Tue May 17, 2005 8:19 pm

I'm getting some wood right now! :shock:

Wish my park would get a new coaster. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!