Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Six Flags Great Adventure (GADV) Discussion Thread

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 pm

There's a concert on Saturday too but I'm hoping crowds will be low again like last week. The concert is I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Curtis Chapman which I don't think will bring huge crowds since I don't think he is that popular (although I could be totally wrong about that).

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 am

larrygator wrote:This is not a racist comment.

It is what it is

<As a black man, admits that the single worst day to work at Knott's Berry Farm is "Gospel Fest"...
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:46 am

larrygator wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:So Sunday looks like a beautiful-weather day to hit the park - any ideas on how crowded it'll be with this Adventura Latina concert going on?

Whatever larger crowds they get for the event are likely to be offset by people in the know staying away from the park for a Latina event. The problem won't be crowds but the increase in bad seeds that will be attracted to the event to celebrate their "heritage" by breaking rules and displaying a mob mentality.

Disclaimer: This is not a racist comment as I would expect the same vibe at an Irish or Italian event in the park; two heritages I share.

I agree with you. Plus, it's not a racist comment, it's more of a fact.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby alpengeistfan1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:08 pm

I was reading online that Discover Card Members have a special entrance to the park, anyone know where this one is?
"Thanks cows, I appreciate your tastiness."
- Craig Ferguson

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:22 pm

It's just one of the entrance gates at the front of the park and isn't always open.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet...from Six Flags Great Adventure's Facebook page:

Six Flags Great Adventure
So much going on this week- 1/2 priced tickets Thursday, Sept. 29; an EXCLUSIVE Season Pass holder event Friday, Sept. 30; Fright Fest begins Saturday, Oct. 1; and we just found out that SkyScreamer grew from 15 to 24 stories tall!

I wonder why the sudden change...now a 240-foot tower instead of 150? Hopefully the other flats are still to follow...

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:00 pm

^Yeah, I hope so too. They were talking about it being a choice of either a taller tower or a smaller tower and some flats - hopefully we're getting both!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

YoshiFan wrote:There's a concert on Saturday too but I'm hoping crowds will be low again like last week. The concert is I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Curtis Chapman which I don't think will bring huge crowds since I don't think he is that popular (although I could be totally wrong about that).

He's one of the top Contemporary Christian artists. I don't know what his fan-base is like in NJ, but he's definitely not a small name. His music is more like pop-rock/worship music, so he would probably draw a lot different of a crowd than a band like Skillet would. Here's one of his most popular songs:
http://youtu.be/nrWMBC6yoME

Sad note: I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool wrote this song shortly before his young daughter got hit and killed by I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool's new-driver teenage son. I think she was around age 6 and the boy was about 16. Such a sad thing that happened. :(

EDIT: whoops I just realized that post was from two weeks ago, I'd be curious to hear if anyone went to the concert.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:12 pm

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet...from Six Flags Great Adventure's Facebook page:

Six Flags Great Adventure
So much going on this week- 1/2 priced tickets Thursday, Sept. 29; an EXCLUSIVE Season Pass holder event Friday, Sept. 30; Fright Fest begins Saturday, Oct. 1; and we just found out that SkyScreamer grew from 15 to 24 stories tall!

I wonder why the sudden change...now a 240-foot tower instead of 150? Hopefully the other flats are still to follow...

This is great news, and I wondered why they would put such a short tower for a large park.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby osm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:54 pm

:nina:
Coaster Count- 64 (49 Steel, 13 Wood, 1 Water, 1 Powered)
Top 10- 1. Maverick (CP) 2. Skyrush (HP) 3. El Toro (SFGA) 4. Bizarro (SFNE) 5. Phoenix (Kno) 6. Millennium Force (CP) 7. Behemoth (CW) 8. Nitro (SFGA) 9. Storm Runner (HP) 10. Incredible Hulk (IOA)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!