Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:14 pm

I really don't know what to think. It says the Batman and Robin are temporarily closed. Wouldn't you think that the park would just get rid of that on their website? Rather than lie and say it's closed?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby kraxleRIDAH » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:17 pm

^ It's not called lying. It's just they haven't updated their website to reflect their intentions with the ride.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:23 pm

coasterguy618 wrote:But do you remember when SF said they want to make Gadv the "crown jewel" of the chain.

Six Flags always ends up saying that about a park in the chain every few years when they invest a ton of money in it. Let me name some parks that have been considered "crown jewels."

2000: Six Flags Magic Mountain- addition of 4 new rides for 2001 and "The X-treme Park!" marketing.

2001-03: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure- addition of several new rides/Sea World/announcements of a "giant volcano walk through" and Cartoon Network area to be built later. (We all what happened to that park)

2006: Six Flags Marine World- transformation into Six Flags Discovery Kingdom to be the standard of "Shapiro's Six Flags."

2006: Six Flags Fiesta Texas- Shapiro said to be "extremely pleased with this park."

2006: Great Escape- see SFFT.

2005-07: Six Flags Great Adventure- 2 new coasters back to back, new children's areas.

So technically, Six Flags has 5 "crown jewel" parks (excluding SFWoA/GL). Most of this crown jewel stuff comes after a major announcement/addition and does not necessarily mean that a park in the chain is a "jewel/flagship" park. Sometimes, it seems like the head of SF is like a politician and whenever he claims a park is a "crown jewel," fanboys go and gloat about it, even though there have been other parks in the past that have been said to be flagship parks.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:25 pm

DATman wrote:
coasterguy618 wrote:
weatherkid17 wrote:Not to be rude, but I wouldnt be expecting anything amazing to go in that park, at least for the next few years. A family roller coaster would be nice, but you just got Kingda Ka in 2005 and El Toro in 2006, so it doesnt seem logical to add a giant new coaster 2 years after that. There are other parks that are more deserving.

But do you remember when SF said they want to make Gadv the "crown jewel" of the chain.

Anyways, I was thinking, an X car coaster would fit perfectly in Chiller's place. One with the giant inverted lift.

If it is their crown jewel, it's a really really crappy one. I mean, it's crowded as heck, half the rides break down, have either terrible capacity or ops, or they're just over-hyped rides that are truly nothing special. SF really needs to realize what a dump that park is. It was dirtier than SFMM the time I went, and it has maybe two truly thrilling rides (El Toro and Kingda Ka).

Wow, you are TOTALLY exaggerating. Seriously, its NOT a DUMP!! I'm not saying this just cause its my home park, its just not. First of all, all there rides (except for chiller of course) have been running great this year. ET and KK crews were doing really good ESPECIALLY ET. The park cannot help that it's crowded. It's good for them, mostly because of the location. Seriously, stop whining about the park being crowded when that's what most parks are in the summer. Seriously, GADV is one of the nicest if not the nicest six flags park in the chain. It's theming is great. And I really do not know what your talking about it being dirty. It's really not dirty at all. And pretty much all major coasters there are thrilling, as are every other major coaster at SFMM of another SF park. You cant go on A B:TR and say its not thrilling. Cause it really is. Its just not fun to you anymore.

Wow, I am sorry, what you said is totally wrong.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LcHg5265 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:39 pm

^Oh no! He said something bad about your home park...the world is coming to an end!

Maybe he went to the park and it was dirty, maybe the last time he visited was last year when they had a list of, "Rides closed for the rest of the season," as well as a, "rides closed for the day."

Just because someone says something bad about a park doesn't mean you have to get all offended and rant (It was quite funny to read, i must say). Its a forum where people discuss their opinions etc, but you got into a little hissy fit about it, calm down and act your age... :lmao: ...oh wait...you were...sorry!

Reference: Sign from 2006 season

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby coasterbilly » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 pm

^yo man, it really depends on when he visited the park, also, rides break down all of the time, something the park can't control, sure they have the control to fix it, but you can't name 1 park that doesn't have this problem too.

GAdv is also my homepark, it definitely used to be dirty 2 years ago, I agree with that. But they have really stepped up and transformed this park into a very enjoyable place recently, adding beautiful scenery and theming and family areas to attract families more. With Wiggles World, Bugs Bunnyland, and Balen's Jungleland they have a fantastic aray of rides and activities for kids and families, along with one of the best coaster lineups anywhere for the teens and thrill freaks.

I know this is a forum for opinions, but people are allowed to defend too if his facts aren't correct, which they really aren't because SFGAdv is totally a different park from 2 years ago and beyond when it wasn't that nice. The operations are superb, KK hasn't had even close to as many problems this season as in the past, ET never stops pumping out trains and not a lot of rides are closed, which means they are getting better and doing there job. Plus, he wasn't being "hissy" about it, he's representing himself and his homepark, and honestly, there wasn't anything immature about his comment, it was orderly and with regular tone, if anything yours was worse. That's it from me.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:17 am

I agree with the people that say SFGADV is a totally different park. I was there the last year of Viper and had just a miserable day. Terrible ops, stuff not open, etc. I went back this year hoping for one ride on El Toro. I ended up with 4, Robin, Superman, Nitro, all in less then 2 hours in the park. It was so much improved that it didn't even seem like the same place.

I teach at the school of donkey!

The Six Flags Great Adventure (GADV) Discussion Thread

Postby Rider117 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:57 am

The Dark Knight Coaster is coming in 2008! Be transformed into a citizen of
Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker.
With The Dark Knight, experience the ride of a lifetime. Venture through demented hallways of twists, turns and hallucinatory images, while being tormented by The Joker himself. Then set foot onto a distressed, vandalized train platform. You can only guess at what awaits as you speed through six
180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills, plunge into pitch darkness and dip into unforeseen danger. As you attempt to escape the terror, your only hope is that Gotham's Silent Guardian —
Batman — can save you!

THE DARK KNIGHT COASTER BY THE NUMBERS
Height Restrictions - 48" min. to ride alone, 42" with adult.
Ride Category - Thrill
Flash Pass - No
Length - 1,213 feet
Duration - 120 seconds
Capacity - 32
Introduction - Spring, 2008
Manufacturer - Mack Rides GmbH & Co KG

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/ ... aster.aspx

Hopefully they release renderings and animation video for it.
Last edited by SharkTums on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:09 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:06 am

Well, this is no big surprise. ;) Of course, the question is where and when will it be open.

...Oh and nice timing too, right before Herhey's announcement. ;)

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 am

I thought SFGAm was getting this?

// Whoops ;)
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!