Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:46 pm

YoshiFan wrote:It is saved, for now. It reopened around 2 weeks ago (or sometime around then).

It opened again like 3-4 weeks ago. Its now been closed since two weeks ago .

Postby Wes » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Nascar48 wrote:Are you guys going to help me out with this?

Nope.

Nascar48

Postby Nascar48 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:48 pm

Than you don't need to help. :P

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shernernum » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Nascar48 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:How is taking out an old ride that doesn't get a lot of riders anymore and probably costs a crapload to maintain the 'craziest thing they've ever done'.

I love Intamin rides as much as the next person, but I'd much rather see a newer generation Intamin Drop Tower take that spot!

Because it is a highly underrated ride have you ever even been on it.

I think you need to look at the posting details of the people you are calling out....ie...SharkTums...site admin...5677 posts.

Anyway, I always liked the out of control feeling that you got on the ride, but seem to remember it going down at least for a portion of the day almost every time I went there. What I think is apparent is that it was the only drop tower, freefall, type ride in a huge park. If they are going to get rid of it, that is going to be a pretty obvious whole in their ride line up...At least they aren't getting rid of the Parachutes yet. It may not be the most intense ride, but it is getting to be rather unique in this day and age.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:45 pm

Yeah obviously this newbie knows nothing of me and my Intamin Fetish!

I would never want it taken out, I'm just saying I totally understand SFGAd's reasoning for taking it out. And with their record lately of putting in Intamin Rides, I trust them!

Idiot.

Postby waterviper » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:10 am

Nascar48 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:How is taking out an old ride that doesn't get a lot of riders anymore and probably costs a crapload to maintain the 'craziest thing they've ever done'.

I love Intamin rides as much as the next person, but I'd much rather see a newer generation Intamin Drop Tower take that spot!

Because it is a highly underrated ride have you ever even been on it.

Shes practically been on almost every ride imaginable!! ;) At least from what I gather!
Im your Huckleberry!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Is Chiller being modified??

Postby Rider117 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks to FlyinPhil...

http://www.flyinphilsphotos.com/amuse/n ... -07/album0

Pictures 11 and 12 clearly show the zero-g rolls GONE! Now, will they just repair the track or will something else happen?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:06 pm

^ You do realize that coasters get modifications all the time....for example, California Screamin' had his loop removed a couple of weeks ago....having a pieces of track replaced happens ALL THE TIME.

As far as I know, there haven't been any rumors of this ride being "modified" unlike SoB where those rumors were floating around for a few weeks before the pics of the loop being removed surfaced.

Until you actually hear something concrete, I wouldn't go around making a huge deal out of it.

--Robb "I really think you should change your topic title, but you don't know if it's really being modified." Alvey

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 pm

Well, Robin's train did valley before and the back car of the train was stuck upside down in the zero-g roll. Also, because of the incident that happened to Chiller in the beginning of July this past summer.

So, that's a pretty good guess why the zero-g roll would be removed.

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:24 pm

I HIGHLY doubt thier taking the zero-g-roll because of the incident that happened they are most likely re-track it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!