Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Athletekim » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Quick question: Does anyone know what time they will be revealing their announcement tomorrow? I really don't want to keep refreshing Facebook all day tomorrow. I don't remember them saying any specific time they were going to make an announcement, so I guess it will be at a random time?
Riding Roller Coasters since 2010! Coaster Count=52 Park Count=15
My #1 Steel: Storm Runner My #1 Wooden: Phoenix

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby donkeyman18 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:21 pm

10:00 am I think.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:17 pm

^^The announcements all start at 10am Eastern Time. We'll be posting live updates here, on the Theme Park Review Facebook page and tweeting! So as long as you follow us somewhere you'll know what's going on as it happens!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Athletekim wrote: I can see that happening having an announcement made for a new ride for the year 2014.

Pro TIp: If you are a regional (and not a destination) theme park, you only announce next year's improvements. There is no upside to making people think, " I should probably wait for 2 years for that ride" when the vast majority of park visitors are only there for the day.

What the enthusiasts thinks great adventure needs - " The world biggest drop tower" as six flags might be the only major park in the chain that doesn't have a drop tower at all.

What the general public thinks great adventure needs -Bigger entertainment and family "experience" options for the non riders and families with young children.

What six flags local management thinks they need- Big capacity at hurricane harbor.

What we will actually see announced tomorrow...... ?
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Parallax » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I have to call Lost & Found at 10:30 to see if they found my iPod. Flew out of my pocket today on Nitro :(
The greatest threat the Corps ever faced was Parallax, an entity that fed on the yellow energy of fear.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

^Hope you get it back. I was on the backstage tour last year on the TPR trip and it was amazing how many phones, hats, maps you could see lying on the ground around the coaster.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:53 am

"Where else can you ride a wave, go on safari, and soar on world-record breaking coasters?”

Tampa.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:58 am

BeemerBoy wrote:
"Where else can you ride a wave, go on safari, and soar on world-record breaking coasters?”

Tampa.

:nina:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:58 am

main_NJSafariOffRoad.jpg

Safari Off Road Adventure

Get ready to go on an exotic off-road adventure

In 2013, New Jersey’s Six Flags Great Adventure entertainment complex will undergo its most dramatic transformation in 13 years as the 160-acre theme park and 350-acre Wild Safari animal park unite as one property to become the world’s largest theme park. The mega-park, will introduce the new, one-of-a-kind, themed attraction — Safari Off Road Adventure. At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, water-thrill seekers will challenge a massive, new slide complex — Big Wave Racer.

Boasting 1,200 animals from six continents (including lions, tigers, rhinos, and many more), Safari Off Road Adventure will take you on the most intense, up-close animal experience of your life. First you will enter the amazing, fictional world of the Wilds Family, who have traveled the globe to bring the most interesting and exotic creatures to their home in Jackson, New Jersey. Once through the rustic loading station filled with artifacts from the Wilds’ global journeys, you will hop onto a rugged, open-air, Safari vehicle with 34 other explorers to begin your wild adventure.

Skilled, informed drivers will drive you off-road and up close to the animals as they splash through ponds, climb hills, cross bridges and venture over rugged terrain.

“Never before have guests been able to experience a journey so close to that of a true African safari here in the U.S.,” said John Fitzgerald, park president. “By combining the world’s most exotic animals with Six Flags’ signature entertainment, the Safari Off Road Adventure will be the most incredible animal adventure anywhere. Where else can you ride a wave, go on safari, and soar on world-record breaking coasters?”

When the Wild Safari closes its gates for the 2012 season September 30, it will undergo a massive renovation this winter that includes a redesign of various simulated natural habitats and the creation of Camp Aventura.

Camp Aventura will be the main stop along the off-road excursion. Here you will get to see some of the Wild family’s favorite animals up-close, and even hand-feed or pet them. You can also choose to fly through the air high above the animals on a new zip line for an additional fee.

Safari Off Road Adventure is included with general theme park admission and season passes in 2013, and will be accessible via the Frontier Adventures section of the theme park. Through September 30, 2012, guests will be able to drive their own vehicles through the Wild Safari for the very last time in the park’s 38-year history.

“This is a monumental change for the Wild Safari and our guests,” said Dr. Bill Rives, safari director and chief veterinarian. “For nearly 40 years, people have dreamed of more up-close animal experiences with fewer boundaries, and now we can truly deliver a VIP experience to each and every one of our guests — and it’s included in their theme park admission.”

Safari Off Road Adventure is slated for a Memorial Day weekend debut in 2013.

main_NJWPBigWaveRacer.jpg

Big Wave Racer!

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Introduces Eighth Slide Complex

Get ready to race head-first down 1,800 feet of slide on an aero-dynamically-designed water toboggan. In summer 2013 at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, you will be able to challenge your friends and family to an extreme race on a massive, new slide complex — Big Wave Racer. This new 4-story tall complex will feature multiple lanes that will send you and your competitors barreling head-first down several steep drops before crossing the finish line.

Big Wave Racer is slated for a summer 2013 opening and will be the eighth slide complex at Hurricane Harbor, pushing the number of thrill slides to more than 25. The 45-acre water park also features a million-gallon wave pool, a half-mile lazy river and a large children’s water playground.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:02 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:01 am

Now the only question is where is Camp Adventura? Like previously posted, I hope that it is back behind Bizarro, maybe it will bring some life back to that area.
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!