Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: Lotologist492, Satans Hockey and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: The Six Flags Great Adventure (GADV) Discussion Thread

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 pm

The park on fb gave a clue to an article from The Onion where Lady Gaga kidnapped Commissioner Gordon. The park gave an update saying Batman & Robin would attempt to rescue the Commissioner with the help of ANOTHER superhero. I think the Riddler would give Lady Gaga a good run for the money.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Hayzle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:54 am

But the Riddler is a supervillian...
I conquered the lazer snake dive loop of flaming death

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JuanSe_Colombia » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Six Flags Just gave Six Flags Great Adventure an ultimatum - they make an announcement tomorrow or I make it for them! Stay tuned...
Six Flags just posted this on facebook page

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby jps294 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Great Adventure to add new roller coaster

JACKSON — Six Flags Great Adventure plans to add a new, 15-story roller coaster to its stable of thrill rides.

The new ride will be named Green Lantern, after the DC Comics superhero, and will be the 12th roller coaster featured at the park, park officials said Wednesday.

The theme park plans on a public unveiling of Green Lantern in the spring, according to spokeswoman Angel Aristone. The opening of the coaster also will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.

Designing the structure will be the Swiss-based company Bolliger & Mabillard, an engineering consulting firm that specializes in coaster construction.

Bolliger & Mabillard also is responsible for designing roller coasters such as Nitro, Bizarro, Superman-Ultimate Flight and Batman the Ride … all featured attractions at Great Adventure, park president John Fitzgerald said.

"Six Flags is home to many of the biggest roller coasters in the world, and Green Lantern brings an all new dimension of thrills,'' Fitzgerald said in a statement.

Officials said Green Lantern will stand 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph.

The newest coaster will offer a 2 minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five inversions … including a 121-foot-tall loop, a 103-foot dive loop and a 72-foot inclined loop.

Six Flags Great Adventure is home to Kingda Ka, considered the tallest and one of the fastest coasters in the world.

Green Lantern will be located in the boardwalk section of the theme park, Aristone said.
Keith Ruscitti: 732-557-5748; kruscitti@app.com

http://www.app.com/article/20100915/...roller-coaster
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:26 pm

I thought they weren't announcing it until tomorrow..? Hmm... No surprise in the announcement but they never mentioned if it's keeping the standup trains or not.
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

Flap, Flap, Flap. I'm a sexy girl!

Postby davisal771 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:28 pm

will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop

:|
Coasters: 33, 31 steel, 2 wood Park count: 10, Elitch Gardens home park... :)

|Facebook!|

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:34 pm

angryemobeaver wrote:I thought they weren't announcing it until tomorrow..? Hmm... No surprise in the announcement but they never mentioned if it's keeping the standup trains or not.

Why wouldn't it?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Movieguy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:54 pm

This sounds pretty cool. Nice to hear that SF is giving the whole Batman/Superman thing a rest for a moment, and giving another superhero a chance to shine. I've been hoping to see Great Adventure for the first time at some point in the future, and this gives me yet another reason to try.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CHILLERLC1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:56 pm

The Asbury Park Press leaked either Kingda Ka or El Toro or both the night before the announcement in the past.

I don't know anything about The Green Lantern but I do know about the Riddler.

The most important thing: my 10 hour drive is now reduced to 40 minutes to ride a great standup!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:33 pm

What I find funny, is that the news artcal is missing one very important fact.............THE RIDE IS A STAND UP COASTER!!!
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!