Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby RideofSteel » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 pm

^All Six Flags parks are posting that exact same message. Even SFA, which is getting multiple rides.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:52 pm

................ :oops:

Well I feel sheepish...

Image GIFSoup
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:11 am

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Great Adventure will introduce Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, a brand new record-breaking drop ride feature breathtaking views, impressive heights, astonishing speeds, stomach-tightening drops, and an adrenaline rush like no other. It will be the tallest drop tower in the world, lifting riders up 415 feet in the air and rocketing back down at 90 miles per hour.

First, your eight-person gondola will blast to the top of the 415-foot structure in approximately 30 seconds. You’ll pause for a moment to check out the aerial view of the park and anticipate the rapid heart-racing plummet coming up next. Everything soon becomes a blur as gravity pulls your gondola downwards at 90 miles per hour, reaching ground level again in less than 10 seconds—before you even have time to scream.

The three soaring Zumanjaro towers will share their structure and be built on the face of the record-breaking Kingda Ka coaster. As you rise and fall along the vertical track, the Kingda Ka steel trains will be thundering around the track at 128 miles per hour at the same time.

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom was inspired by the African theme of Safari Off Road Adventure, last summer’s new attraction that created the world’s largest theme park. While waiting to board Zumanjaro, guests will pass an all-new animal area, where they can watch native African Anubis baboon play and interact in their habitat.

To make room for the newest addition to Six Flags Great Adventure, we must bid farewell to a classic. Rolling Thunder, our classic wooden coaster, will close to the public on September 8 to help make way for construction of the new ride. New technological advances and preferences have created a new generation of thrill rides, and Rolling Thunder’s popularity has decreased over the years. Be sure to tackle this coaster’s 85-foot drop and 10 dipping hills before it slips into history.

The extreme Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom is set to debut in spring 2014. Are you ready to take on this all-new drop ride?
63104-SFGA-Zumanjaro-original.jpg
SFGA Zumanjaro Photo 1_8x10_300dpi.jpg
SFGA Zumanjaro Photo 2_8x10_300dpi.jpg
SFGA Zumanjaro Photo 4_8x10_300dpi.jpg
SFGA Zumanjaro Photo 5_8x10_300dpi.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:44 am.

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 am

Welp, there goes SFMM's short lived record. At least the 3 tracks will create a better capacity.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:29 am

And according to the sidebar, They are also adding Speed Slides

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/stlouis/tsunami-soaker/

I don't know if these will be new slides or a revamp of the current speed slides.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mater » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:31 am

XYZ wrote:Welp, there goes SFMM's short lived record.

If it's really 415, then I believe it ties Lex Luthor.

Wouldn't be that bad of an idea on Six Flags part. How nice would it be able to market that you've got the world's tallest drop ride in two different parks?

Postby XYZ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:41 am

Mater wrote:
XYZ wrote:Welp, there goes SFMM's short lived record.

If it's really 415, then I believe it ties Lex Luthor.

Wouldn't be that bad of an idea on Six Flags part. How nice would it be able to market that you've got the world's tallest drop ride in two different parks?

Lex Luthor is marketed as 400' tall.

Also, from this image, you can tell that Lex Luthor does not go up to the top of the 415' tower. So, if Zumanjaro is 415' tall, it will be the tallest drop tower in the world, even taller than Lex Luthor.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 am

Also, Some Sad News:

To make room for the newest addition to Six Flags Great Adventure, we must bid farewell to a classic. Rolling Thunder, our classic wooden coaster, will close to the public on September 8 to help make way for construction of the new ride. New technological advances and preferences have created a new generation of thrill rides, and Rolling Thunder’s popularity has decreased over the years. Be sure to tackle this coaster’s 85-foot drop and 10 dipping hills before it slips into history.

At least you guys still have El Toro
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby XYZ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Also, Some Sad News:

At least you guys still have El Toro

Thanks for posting that. I'm so glad I got my Rolling Thunder credit this year. I had a feeling its days were numbered.
What a season pass??

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 am

Nice addition - the park needs a drop tower and they'd have been crazy not to use the Kingda Ka structure. Would love to ride it on a foggy day - an ascent up through the clouds without being able to see the ground below would be incredible! Might be a bit of trek out to the ride though, still at least you can watch Kingda Ka while waiting in the queue I guess.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!