Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: mcuster08, njcoasterguy34 and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BMW FAN » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:04 am

There is a whole discussion ong GADVSource about it and someone got an email from Kristin ( I dont know her last name) saying it will ahve one

If you look at http://www.gadv.com/forums/index.php?s=a0b9608e12be1fc73fcfc399979043a5&act=ST&f=18&t=6723&st=390 this page and scroll down, you could see the email...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MagnumForce » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:43 am

I don't consider that source "golden" by any stretch of the imagination.

Unless it works like a Vekoma GIB *EEEK* I don't see how a moving train will be able to crab a catch car without coming to a complete stop.

Another problem I see is that the drop is not right after the lift, where will the catch car go?

Sorry, not saying it won't happen but I really don't see why it would need a cable lift or how one would be implemented without being a headache operationally.

With Intamin's current track record, the simpler and more proven the better.

I Love Expedition Ge-Force

Postby DragonKhan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:56 am

MagnumForce wrote: I don't see how a moving train will be able to crab a catch car without coming to a complete stop.

Goliath is pushed on the catch car, therefore is moving...

But I also, see no reason for it to have a cable lift. The lifthills on Balder and Colossos are both very fast and very steep.
[i:03f6f2c525]The only difference between genius and insanity is success![/i:03f6f2c525]
[b:03f6f2c525]Cheers, [color=darkblue:03f6f2c525][i:03f6f2c525][size=18:03f6f2c525]DragonKhan[/size:03f6f2c525][/i:03f6f2c525][/color:03f6f2c525][/b:03f6f2c525]

Sexing up the North Pole

Postby Token Yankee Guy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:02 pm

Maybe the train comes to a complete stop, or almost to a complete stop to be able to latch onto the cable car.
"Britain, Britain, Britain, We're open from 9 to 6, monday through saturdays"

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:28 pm

The Intamin water ride at Gardaland has a short roll out before the cable lift.
Also there is a small turnaround before the first drop so, while I'm still not convinced it has been comfirmed, there is a precedent already set.

Plus, it's totally a coaster!

-Don

2 + 2 = donkey!

El Toro At SFGAdv

Postby GAcoaster » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:23 pm

The El Toro Construction Journal has been updated and they say they will be going vertical by Monday afternoon:

Oct. 28
The construction of El Toro continues to move along at a steady pace. With the majority of footings, concrete pier caps and anchor bolt placement substantially complete for the lift, we are focused on the concrete footing pour for the crest of the lift hill to the return drop. More than 400 yards of concrete, equal to 40 truck loads, will be needed to fill the enormous area supporting the return at the top of the lift hill.

Portions of the track and lumber for El Toro continue to arrive weekly. The lumber for the lift area is staged in the parking area next to Kingda Ka. Approximately 40 two-legged bents have been fabricated. The bent assembly carpenter crew is in the process of bundling up components for three-legged bents for transport and staging in the lift area for assembly on site. Erection starting at the base of the lift will begin on or before Mon., Oct. 31, 2006.

Update from Al Rubano – Director of Construction

I just got back and posted a construction update over on my site: Click to see all the pictures!!!

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:28 pm

Erection starting at the base of the lift will begin on or before Mon., Oct. 31, 2006.

Wow, thats some pretty slow progress there...
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:36 pm

post deleted...........

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:38 pm

^ Yes.

--Robb "He said erection." Alvey

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:31 am

Robb "He said erection." Alvey

Begin the giggling like schoolgirls. teehee.

Stuart "They're erecting the woodie" Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!