Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm

larrygator wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:If it is indeed an RMC:

90% - Single Rail clone
10% - Unique Ground up construction

Seems about the likelihood, no?

I saw an interview with Alan Schilke where he stated RMC wanted to sell more raptor clones, but parks were requesting bigger models. And he said in fact the next one would not be a clone. So we'll see I guess..

This means nothing to SFGAdv unless you can prove which one is the next one. The next one might already be sold or planned.

I mean, why speculate at all then? If we cant use random tid bits here and there to come up with a hypothesis.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Wow! So much has happened since I woke up 8 hours ago! After the official announcement, I'm looking forward to discussing this "monstrous" and "legendary" addition that is coming to GAdv much more! =)

As for the TTD vs. KK debate, I've ridden TTD a ton including right after it opened and it still had all the theming on the trains, and I've ridden KK about 4 times, all in the front row. KK is a little better than TTD in my opinion, and my dad and sister, who were my fellow riders on my rides felt the same as well! Now, I understand that anywhere else on KK is rougher, and not anywhere near as good, so I'm speaking only of front seat rides here. However, the effect of the OTS was completely unnoticeable to me, and the speed, and height both felt more powerful, not to mention the nice hill after the drop. And don't even get me started on the light-years better color scheme of KK! :lol: While I do enjoy TTD (on the random occasions these days when its actually running when I am there), it's not in my Top 5 at CP, and not in my Top 50 overall. Even KK doesn't crack my Top 40. So I guess you could say I'm just not as big of a fan of that type of coaster as many are. They're great coasters, both of them, and honestly, they're not that different (at least considering KK in the front.) But if I could choose to have only one in my back yard, it would definitely be KK!

Let me just say that GAdv really knocked it out of the park in regard to their teaser campaign this year! Unlike some other other prominent teaser campaigns I've seen, they stayed on point, interacted in an intellectually honest manner with all the different kinds of people reading the teasers, and kept things fun, and everybody guessing! I'm sure the locals and regulars will be ecstatic over whatever's coming their way, and even though there will likely be some enthusiasts complaining afterward about one thing or the other, I think most will be pretty excited as well. This has honestly been my most anticipated announcement this year, since the other three prominent ones all leaked WAY in advance, leaving little to find out. Props to SFGAdv for managing to keep things secret so long as well!

And I'll just go on record as saying I have no interest in seeing Boldy eat his foot, so let's give him a reprieve on that statement, and maybe he can just buy those of us who were believers a beer (do they even have craft beer at GAdv though?) if he ever meets up with us at the park! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:20 pm

DILinator wrote:And I'll just go on record as saying I have no interest in seeing Boldy eat his foot, so let's give him a reprieve on that statement, and maybe he can just buy those of us who were believers a beer (do they even have craft beer at GAdv though?) if he ever meets up with us at the park! ;)

Pfft, says you. Eat that foot! Eat that foot! Eat that foot!
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
larrygator wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:If it is indeed an RMC:

90% - Single Rail clone
10% - Unique Ground up construction

Seems about the likelihood, no?

I saw an interview with Alan Schilke where he stated RMC wanted to sell more raptor clones, but parks were requesting bigger models. And he said in fact the next one would not be a clone. So we'll see I guess..

This means nothing to SFGAdv unless you can prove which one is the next one. The next one might already be sold or planned.

I mean, why speculate at all then? If we cant use random tid bits here and there to come up with a hypothesis.

The following is speculation: SFGAdv is one of the premier SF parks. The have not receive a custom coaster installation in years so I think the coaster will be custom. Also, a Wonder Woman/Railblazer clone is probably to low in capacity for SFGAdv.

I'm not saying it is not OK to speculate, if you knew SFGAdv was the "next" RMC that would be speculation, I'm just pointing out that only Alan Schilke (and those working with him) knows what is next since the time he made the comment.

DILinator wrote:And I'll just go on record as saying I have no interest in seeing Boldy eat his foot, so let's give him a reprieve on that statement, and maybe he can just buy those of us who were believers a beer (do they even have craft beer at GAdv though?) if he ever meets up with us at the park! ;)

Yes, SFGAdv has craft beer, but if Boldy eats his foot he gets ADA benefits to cut every line.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:33 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:32 pm

I don’t understand how people can’t clearly see that this announcement is how they are raising the height of Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro!
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:34 am

Jersey Devil Coaster Will Shatter Three World Records in 2020 at Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. ─ August 29, 2019 ─ On the edge of the New Jersey Pine Barrens, Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, today announced that a menacing coaster of legendary proportions—the tallest, fastest and longest single rail coaster—Jersey Devil Coaster, will make its world debut in 2020. Towering 13 stories, at speeds up to 58 mph, riders will soar single file through the dark and foreboding woods over 3,000 feet of track. Inspired by infamous New Jersey mythology, the cutting-edge coaster will feature five intense elements including two dramatic inversions.

Legend says the Jersey Devil has haunted the Pine Barrens for centuries, soaring stealthily through the woods in the dark of night before attacking its prey. Modern-day folklore even places this beast near the theme park’s Great Lake, with its menacing, curled horns manifesting under a full moon.

“Six Flags Great Adventure is home to the best and most innovative roller coasters on the planet, and we are thrilled to expand our unrivaled collection with the Jersey Devil Coaster,” said Park President John Winkler. “Jersey Devil folklore has been a source of fear and intrigue here in the Pine Barrens for more than 200 years, and this iconic piece of New Jersey history inspired the design for this monstrous scream machine.”

Key features of the Jersey Devil Coaster include:

· Four sleek trains of 12 passengers each sitting low and inline style (one rider per row) with their legs straddling either side of the monorail track;

· 3,000 feet of soaring, single-rail, I-beam track;

· Tension-building ascent up a towering, 130-foot lift hill;

· Flying at speeds up to 58 mph;

· Three intense elements including a steep 87-degree first drop, raven dive and overbank cutback; and

· Two dramatic inversions including a 180-degree stall and zero-gravity roll.

Riders must meet the 48-inch height requirement. Jersey Devil Coaster will debut in the summer of 2020. It will be located along the lakefront near Safari Kids and Congo Rapids.

For more information about Jersey Devil Coaster and next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2020
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 pm.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:35 am

moved post
Last edited by Garet on Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:25 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:46 am

This looks really awesome! I see why they retired El Diablo, so la ronde could get something and to not have similar themes.

Also I see a MCBR
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:49 am

Ten thoughts:

1 Love the name and theme. I've seen more than once person post that they don't like the name because it remind them of the hockey team. The Jersey Devil is local folklore that goes back over a century, as a Philadelphian who has always spent summers at the Jersey shore (and traversed the Jersey Pine Barrens to get there and back) I've been hearing about that little creep in the woods my entire life. Everyone around here is digging the theme, its a long time coming for this park. Here's to hoping there at least some story boards in the queue about the creature/legend.

2 Three birds with one stone. Shuts up the "we need an RMC" whiners, the "we haven't had an original coaster since Toro" whiners, and the "we only get DC themed rides" whiners.

3 The park teased it would be "legendary and monstrous" and the Jersey Devil is both of those things.

4 RIP best bathroom in the park. Even if they keep it (and from the rendering looks like they will), its gonna be mobbed for the foreseeable future. Meh. If there is one negative thing about this addition, that's it.

5 This thing is big. Looks like this goes from almost Skull Mountain all the way down past the rapids. In other words, its huge. I'm wondering how much (or if all) if Safari Kids is going? Or moving?

6 Capacity. The dirty C word. Twelve passenger trains, hopefully continuously-moving loading, and it looks like we have a midcourse. If WWGLC has no midcourse and can run 3 trains, we get 4 trains then?

7 Its safe to assume this will run during HITP. Let me hear the people in the back say hell yeah.

8 This thing looks absolutely sick. I love how the final bunnyhops look like they have a little outerbank to them.

9 Night rides back here, yall. Night rides! Hopefully they'll keep some of the trees around the ride.

10 We're totally getting a new kids area in 2021.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:54 am

Are you going to have any sides with your foot?
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!