Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1900 - Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Opening in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Password121 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:09 am

matthew.sullivan1 wrote:I rode it 20 times, with 18 of those in a single hour.

Looks like the Toro crew had quite an hour :lol:
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:56 am

Going up to the park for the first time this season tomorrow... Its supposed to be super hot! Hoping for lighter crowds, I have not been up here during the week in about 5 years. Looking forward to trying Cyborg!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:55 am

Password121 wrote:
matthew.sullivan1 wrote:I rode it 20 times, with 18 of those in a single hour.

Looks like the Toro crew had quite an hour :lol:

They must have rolled every single train! :lol: 18 rides on that thing in one hour is highly impressive. (The ride can technically only send 36 trains an hour at most.)
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab). YOUTUBE PAGE: http://www.youtube.com/c/ElToroRyan

2014: El Toro Team Member
2015: Kingda Ka Team Member
2016: El Toro Unit Supervisor
2017: El Toro Unit Supervisor (Month of April) and Random Team Member when I felt like working (August thru December)
2018: Millennium Force Ride Host (Halloweekends)

Credit Count: 373

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:59 am

Well, I'll definitely be making it back up there for HITP.

Just started a new job, so I can't take time off yet; BUT since my off days are Monday/Tuesday, I'll be able to make it up there either New Year's Eve OR New Year's Day.

For those who went to HITP last year, how were the crowds (I thought someone last year said crowds were decent, not big enough to warrant a FP purchase)? I do know that everything beyond the Boardwalk is closed for HITP; but hey, marathoning Nitro in cold weather = :) :)

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Well, I'll definitely be making it back up there for HITP.

Just started a new job, so I can't take time off yet; BUT since my off days are Monday/Tuesday, I'll be able to make it up there either New Year's Eve OR New Year's Day.

For those who went to HITP last year, how were the crowds (I thought someone last year said crowds were decent, not big enough to warrant a FP purchase)? I do know that everything beyond the Boardwalk is closed for HITP; but hey, marathoning Nitro in cold weather = :) :)

I went a couple seasons ago... the only rides that had substantial lines were Superman and Green Lantern.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Love Donkeys!

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Well, I'll definitely be making it back up there for HITP.

Last year, the only coasters with lines were the two mistakes on the boardwalk. Batman and Nitro both were walk on-s, with rerides almost every train. Justice League and Skull Mountain were the only real lines, due to families escaping the cold.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:15 am

World’s Tallest Pendulum Ride to Open at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2019

Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth Will Join Record-Breaking Thrill Lineup

JACKSON, N.J. ─ August 30, 2018 ─ Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world’s tallest pendulum ride, Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth, in 2019. Towering at a staggering 17 stories tall, this jaw-dropping, spinning disk will reach speeds up to 75 miles-per-hour as it spins and swings to breathtaking heights.

“Innovation is part of the Six Flags DNA and we deliver new, groundbreaking attractions every season,” said Park President John Winkler. “Wonder Woman is one of the world’s most iconic DC Super Heroes and we are thrilled to add this action-packed ride bearing her name to our Metropolis themed area.”

Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth is an oversized pendulum-shaped ride that will send guests on a dizzying journey to extreme heights. Highlights include:

- Massive, 17-story pendulum that swings back and forth;

- 40 riders propelled in counterclockwise circles;

- Speeds of nearly 75 miles per hour;

- Riders experience a feeling of weightlessness at 172 feet in the air; and

- Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air.

Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth is expected to debut in the late spring of 2019. It will be located near the extremely popular, DC-branded attractions like Batman: The Ride, Cyborg Cyber Spin, Justice League: Battle for Metropolis and The Dark Knight Coaster.

For more information about Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth and next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2019
SFGAdv Wonder Woman Rendering - Aerial of Metropolis.jpg
SFGAdv Wonder Woman Rendering - Horizontal wide shot v2.jpg
SFGAdv Wonder Woman Rendering - Horizontal wide shot.jpg
SFGAdv Wonder Woman Rendering - Ride Entrance.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:45 am

This is a great addition! These giant discoveries are awesome and this will really help the park's flat ride lineup. Plus having this for HITP is an added bonus.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:04 am

I just want to say I AM SO F*CKING HYPE FOR THIS ADDITION. Coaster Schmoaster THIS IS WHAT I WANTED.

ME THIS MORNING:
worst-places-to-twerk8.gif

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:10 am

I echo Boldikus' booty-shaking, twerktastic reaction. These giant Discoveries are my favorite flat rides, and I'm super happy to finally have one a little closer to home than at Kennywood and SFNE -- and the world's tallest, no less? AWESOME.
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!