Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1832 - Behind the scenes El Toro video!!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby donkeyman18 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:18 pm

^I got closest to the line as possible but theming was in tact wish I could go in though!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterPrince » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:58 am

American Coaster Enthusiats New Jersey Region Facebook:
Six Flags Great Adventure just announced "On Monday Morning Six Flags Great Adventure will unveil a massive, new attraction slated for its HH water park this summer. This new addition marks the first of its kind in the US and will be a "must ride" for any water thrill enthusiats."

The 2012 announcements just keep getting better :D

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am

^Yup, keep an eye on this thread as we will post the announcement as soon as it goes public!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 am

Here it is! Hurricane Harbor to add King Cobra in 2012!

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/54599-six-flags-hurricane-harbor-new-water-slide-king-cobra-summer-2012

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces Massive, Cobra-Themed Water Slide for 2012
Eye-popping, racing slide marks first of its kind in U.S.

Jackson, NJ — February 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Six Flags Great Adventure, America’s largest regional theme park, today announced the addition of King Cobra, an intense and visually-stunning, racing tube slide, opening at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Summer 2012.

King Cobra promises one of the most extreme riding experiences in the industry while also delivering great spectator appeal. Complete with bold orange, black and yellow scales to resemble a massive cobra on both the interior and exterior, this slide tower will be the first of its kind anywhere in the United States. King Cobra’s unique configuration enables two tubes to race through a circular path with twists, turns and surprises through enclosed and open sections of the slide at speeds up to 32 miles per hour. The ride’s finale features a sudden, 25-foot plunge at a 50-degree angle with riders racing until the heart-pounding finish as they appear to be swallowed by the massive mouth of the cobra.

King Cobra is manufactured by Polin, a world leader in the aquatic industry with its innovative design, manufacturing and installation of water parks in 80 countries around the globe. King Cobra marks Polin’s first major U.S. installation in the company’s 35-year history.

“We are thrilled to work with Polin on this landmark project, and are confident that King Cobra’s intense ride experience and unparalleled design will make it our most popular and entertaining attraction,” said Park President John Fitzgerald.

King Cobra is scheduled to open this summer in lieu of the Dive Bomber drop capsule. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

54599-King-Cobra-head-closeup-original.jpg
54599-King-Cobra-wide-shot-original.jpg
54599-King-Cobra-rider-closeup-original.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:38 pm.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterPrince » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:57 am

This looks like a Great addition for the complex in addition to the SkyScreamer and flats, 2012 is a great year! It looks like this thing has airtime too :D

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby HighRoller » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:05 am

^^ I have to say, this looks OUTSTANDING! This is one of those things that would certainly make me consider adding the waterpark to my day at GADV. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 am

CoasterPrince wrote:This looks like a Great addition for the complex in addition to the SkyScreamer and flats, 2012 is a great year! It looks like this thing has airtime too :D

This is just what Great Adventure needed in my mind. They already have world class coasters, so it seems like they are building back up their flats collection. This park has come a long way since the early 2000's.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 am

This looks likes such an amazing looking water slide! Glad the park is getting something unique, instead of what SFGAm got last year. Happy that the hurricane harbors aren't just exact clones plopped around the US. And next time I head to SFGADV, I may check out the water park :)

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby better_by_design » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:36 am

Holy visual appeal! This thing is a stunner of a waterslide!

And novel design... seeing the fiberglass being used for theming like this is very, very cool!

And I've always found the big halflpipe type slides to be some of the most thrilling, with the most airtime.
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:13 am

now THAT is a water slide! I'm guessing from the looks of that angle on the drop out of the tube, it will most definitely generate some airtime!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!