Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks for posting the pics. I always enjoy FlyinPhil's aerial shots, and look forward to seeing the changes to both parks in the off-season. Also, El Toro looks just as good from the air as it does from the ground. ;)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby schotj » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm

You mention that you are expecting Hurricane Harbor construction. Is there something mentioning new slides coming in next year? I totally missed that if it did come out.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:26 pm

^A Tornado water slide was announced in late September.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Six Flags great Adventure - WHich day start of April?

Postby darkvader » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:15 am

Hey, i'm visiting new York over the easter days and i would like to pass by SFGA for one day. I will arrive on the 31rd of march and leave on the 6th of april, so between 1st of april and 5th of april any day would work for me. Any hint shich would be the less crowded days? I would imagine that 3rd and 4th might be crowded, or is it empty because of easter?
Any suggestions? Thanks,

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Six Flags great Adventure - WHich day start of April?

Postby Chroniq » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:10 pm

April at great adventure is very quiet and any day would be a fine choice.

That being said Friday and Saturday will be the busiest days as weekend days always are. On Easter Sunday, the park is closed for a private event. This is an annual event for the Jewish community. Although the park is techically closed, I've heard you are able to buy tickets through different Jewish organizations online. Although, I don't know how beneficial that would be as I've heard the park can get somewhat busy for this event.

Monday April 5 would be my top choice.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 pm

New York City schools are off that entire time and Jackson schools as well so I think the park will have some crowds. Last week I went a few times during the week over spring break week and waits were around 15 - 25 minutes for the major rides (not bad but I was hoping for crowds in 2007 where there were no lines). I agree about Friday and Saturday and would avoid the 2nd and 3rd for sure as those are likely to be the 2 most crowded days.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SLY » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Chroniq wrote:On Easter Sunday, the park is closed for a private event. This is an annual event for the Jewish community. Although the park is techically closed, I've heard you are able to buy tickets through different Jewish organizations online. Although, I don't know how beneficial that would be as I've heard the park can get somewhat busy for this event.

Season Pass holders are also able to visit the park that day. Last year wasn't too bad. Although rather cold (which may have affected potential crowds), I was able to get some KK rides with about a 10 minute wait.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby darkvader » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:43 am

Thanks for the information, i will go on the 5th then - and take it as the final highlight of the trip :-).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterkid495 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 am

And just a bit more information. Make sure your first two rides are Kingda Ka and Superman. they get the most crowed. El Toro and Bizarro usually don't get a crowed until noon I would give it take. And also DO NOT listen to the wait times, they are just there so you can wast money on a flash pass. They only work if they are only running one train, not two or three like they usually do. Hope I could help make your visit a Six Flags day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby darkvader » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:11 am

coasterkid495 wrote: Hope I could help make your visit a Six Flags day.

Thanks, sounds like good advices, i will report if it was a great day :-)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!