Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: jynx242 and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:00 pm

First, thanks for the kind words all. There's much yet to learn, but I'm grateful. =)

I think you should build a really nice, custom themepark, built entirely out of rides that have left SFAGd. That's 13 rollecoasters, and handfull of wet/dry slides, a log flume, and countless flats.

Great idea, and I do like many of their previous rides, but I haven't had good luck with whole parks. Focusing on individual ride PoVs seems to work out better, particularly the relocated or destroyed. It's like a wierd ship-in-a-bottle hobby thing...and it's FUN too!

Attached are a couple more pics. Another Chiller and one of a few new projects coming in the next several weeks. Again, thanks for the encouragement. It means quite a bit. :)

Ok ok, enough of my crap! Chiller is the thread focus after all.
chiltrains.jpg
Chiller updated screen with trains.
llproto1.jpg
Look familiar arrow and SFGAdv fans?
llproto2.jpg
Still testing the ride, but almost ready to move it to site and landscape.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Satchboogie3 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Why not just use the lim coaster?

If you want to replicate the supports, I'm sure steelworx would work well.
Coaster Count: 219
Favorite Steel- Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFNE) .... errrr Bizarro
Favorite Wooden- El toro

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:52 pm

If I remember, the looping coaster (schwartzkopf looking train) had LIMs/launch as an option, but it didn't do a zero-g roll in the track. It did a twist that looked close, but not quite. I used the extended coaster and the LIMS with it.

Steelworx is cool, but I'm leary of it for some reason. May try it eventually. Same for No Limits. Who knows? Good suggestions both. :)

Postby Satchboogie3 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:09 pm

One of the websites listed mentioned two "incidents" with the robin train. It said that a design flaw in the barrel roll caused an incident in 2006, and then another incident happen in 2007. What incidents is that referring to?

Also I didn't realize they replaced the barrel rolls with that lame track. Thinking back, I believe I actually managed to get a ride on it back in '98 when both sides were running simultaneously.
Favorite Wooden- El toro

Postby Satchboogie3 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Yea, RCT3 is annoying like that. You have to decided to sacrifice to get it looking right.
Favorite Wooden- El toro

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Axman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:48 am

Are you using some sort of a cheat code to get the Mega-coaster to do inversions? As far as internet downloading goes, I've only gotten as far as downloading new scenery.
Alexander "I've decided that I don't really hate Magic Mountian, but I don't like it nearly as much as Cedar Point" Dickey

Current Coaster Count: 142

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:12 am

...Boy do I miss Lightning Loops. :(

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:18 am

Are you using some sort of a cheat code to get the Mega-coaster to do inversions? As far as internet downloading goes, I've only gotten as far as downloading new scenery.

I'm using the extended coaster that has several different trains (mostly b&ms and hypers) and a variety of track layouts. Unless you need arrow or schwartkopf style trains, extended coaster is a great tool.

...Boy do I miss Lightning Loops.

That is exactly why I build. Same feeling for Opryland. While it never ever duplicates the original experience, it does bring back happy memories. Same for Chiller. Grew to think it was cool because it was so different. Bummed it's going away. Never got to see Lightning Loops, but thought it was great unique ride (short of LNM, OE).

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby map2 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:25 am

Yeah I know this may sound lame, but what was the queue like. I've seen lots of pictures from the outdoor portion, but was there any special themeing once you got inside the main building?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Not really. Just brick walls if I remember correctly.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!