Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 am

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/ ... aster.aspx

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces 'The Dark Knight' Themed Coaster for
2008 Season
Six Flags Great Adventure announced today its new attraction for 2008: "The Dark Knight Coaster," an indoor dark coaster based on Warner Bros. Pictures' upcoming movie The Dark Knight featuring
DC Comics' characters Batman and The Joker. The Dark Knight Coaster opens April 2008.

"Today's announcement represents Six Flags Great Adventure's continued focus on delivering a
well-rounded and balanced entertainment package," said Mark Kane, Six Flags Great Adventure's Park President. "The Dark Knight Coaster offers a unique experience that will appeal to families and teens alike."

The Dark Knight Coaster will transform guests into citizens of Gotham City — caught in the middle of a city under siege and torn apart by The Joker.

With The Dark Knight Coaster, guests will experience the ride of their lives. Venturing through demented hallways of twists, turns and hallucinatory images, they are tormented by The Joker himself. Then as they set foot onto a distressed, vandalized train platform, they can only guess at what awaits them as they speed through six 180-degree hairpin turns, climb unseen hills, plunge into pitch darkness and dip into unforeseen danger. As they attempt to escape the terror, their only hope is that Gotham's Silent Guardian — Batman — can save them.

"The opening of The Dark Knight Coaster will be perfectly-timed to coincide with the debut of the next Batman film from director Christopher Nolan. We're very excited that fans will be able to have a
first-hand experience with the sites, sounds and thrills of crime fighting in Gotham City," said
Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Worldwide Consumer Products.

The Dark Knight Coaster will use storytelling, physical movement, video, sound and special effects to bring guests a one-of-a-kind dark ride experience. The $7.5 million coaster will be located in the Movietown section of Six Flags Great Adventure.

About The Dark Knight Movie
Batman (Christian Bale) raises the stakes in his war on crime in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent
(Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker
(Heath Ledger). The Dark Knight releases in theaters July 18, 2008.

About DC Comics
DC Comics, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world and home to such iconic characters as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the Sandman. These DC Super Heroes and others have starred in comic books, movies, television series (both animated and live-action) and cyberspace, thrilling audiences of all ages for generations.
DC Comics' Web site is located at www.dccomics.com.

The Dark Knight indoor coaster is slated for an April 2008 opening. Guests can receive
up-to-the-minute park news and now purchase a 2008 season pass online at www.sixflags.com.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:20 am

My bad, I should have clicked on the link. :oops:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Rider117 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 am

Look at that, SFNE and SFGam are getting the same thing as well.

Just look at there homepages...

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 am

It seems all the new Six Flags stuff went up on their sites at 10am..

So, congratulations to SFA for not adding anything new for 2008! You guys have gotten so good at not adding anything. You deserve an award!

LOL!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:30 am

Nice, I'm going to GADV next year too! I would have rather experienced Chiller, but this will be better than just an empty spot.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:39 am

Mind Eraser wrote:It seems all the new Six Flags stuff went up on their sites at 10am..

So, congratulations to SFA for not adding anything new for 2008! You guys have gotten so good at not adding anything. You deserve an award!

LOL!

I sometimes wonder why Six Flags didn't include America in the deal to sell off those parks. I guess it would have brought the sale price up but it seems like SFA is really being neglected.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:44 am

^I still say they're holding onto it to eventually sell the land. They will make an incredible amount of money when they finally decide to shut the place down and replace it with condos.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:53 am

SFA is only using like 115 acres out of about 500. They could easily sell off 200-300 acres and make a killing--and still keep SFA open. They have a lot of options.

They need to do something though. With new coasters going in at Knoebels, Hershey, GADV, and KD in 2008, they really aren't bringing anything drastic to the plate to compete with.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:58 am

True, but you know that there's no way they could sell that land for houses and keep the park there. All that would do is create one of those places where the new homeowners do nothing but bitch about the park (like Dornye or BGE).

I still say the reason they're investing nothing into it is to shut the place down eventually. Hopefully Wild One would be moved if this happens.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby imbordisux » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 am

Well, so much for SFGAdv and SFNE not having any clones.

[Posted in other thread for effect.]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!