Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

p. 1919 - Holiday in the Park Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 29, 2006 3:37 pm

cwsr wrote:Lets thank the guy from GaInsider again for this video of it's 1st run.....

http://www.gainsider.com/video/052806-ettestingsmall.wmv

Thanks for posting the link to that video and I do appreciate being able to finally see the ride running....but....

begin rant

I will never understand these kids and their having to boast about the "FIRST EVER VIDEO OF A TESTING COASTER!!!!"

I mean it's much better quliaty than that crappy "FIRST EVER OMG EXCLUSIVE HOLY SH!T" Tatsu video, but still...did the video really NEED the "Gainsider.com" logo in the MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN!?!?! Throughout the ENTIRE VIDEO!?!?!?

Anything positive they just tried to do by having that video, IMO was completely RUINED by their craptacular attempt to promote their site. That's actually WORSE than the 30 logos and credits the Tatsu had before the video!

A simple "video by....blahblahwebsite" at the end would have been sufficient....I might have actually gone to the site to see if they had more videos or photos, and I certainly would NOT have felt the need to post this rant....

The lesson to be learned here:
Having your logo plastered across your video isn't going to get you any more or less traffic. But having a quality video WILL!

/rant

Still, wow, that thing really looks FAST!!!! Can't wait to get out and ride...even if it means it might not be until next year. :(

--Robb "I watched the video and kept thinking 'what the hell is Gain Sider???" Alvey

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Mon May 29, 2006 3:47 pm

The video would have been better if the audio was removed.

I find the cheering and voices in the background kind of annoying.

I'm going to have to plan a trip to SFGAdv in 2007.

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:49 pm

This is insane. I just got home from the park all day and I didn't even see it testing. All I saw were people working on it. Well anyway, WHOOOOOHOOOO!!! :lmao: :b :br :lmao:... finally!

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Mon May 29, 2006 4:33 pm

El Toro is looking sooo awesome!! I can't wait to get some POV's!!! :P

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Mon May 29, 2006 5:25 pm

^ Dude, you should probably wait a bit for the POVs to come out. The ride just had its first test yesterday, which is pretty exciting, but doesn't mean a whole lot. Tatsu tested like three weeks before it actually had riders on it, so don't expect a POV for a while.

Anyways, this ride looks AWESOME! Is it me, or does the train take the first hill REALLY fast?
---Brent =)
Disobey

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Mon May 29, 2006 6:04 pm

I thought the clapping was a little annoying, cause the camera shook every thime the person clapped. I think it'd be better if they put a track over the noise. It'd sound more professional. But, I'm glad to see it's running! The only thing that's annoying about this ride is that you can't see half of it, and are therefore shown the same spots on the ride over and over again...

Disco Stu doesn't advertise!

Postby stew560 » Mon May 29, 2006 6:16 pm

^Unfortunatly, until the left side of RT opens, there is no "legal" way to take pics of the Twister Section. You can see it very well from GASM, RT and the Parachutes, but "No Cameras Allowed"... :roll:

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon May 29, 2006 7:04 pm

Well put, Robb! I always get annoyed at that stuff, just like every website that posts their pictures with their stupid logos or whatever that take up the entire lower half of the shot. I never really understood the reasoning for it. I guess some people really just want to be "the first" and they really don't care about the quality. :roll:
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Beate's Freak » Mon May 29, 2006 7:17 pm

DerekRx wrote:Well put, Robb! I always get annoyed at that stuff, just like every website that posts their pictures with their stupid logos or whatever that take up the entire lower half of the shot. I never really understood the reasoning for it. I guess some people really just want to be "the first" and they really don't care about the quality. :roll:

^Amen brother!

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Mon May 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Jakizle wrote:
Vekoma Fan Boy wrote:The messed up the footer placement for the first drop. If you look carefully in the first photo at the top of the drop, the turn around goes a bit to the left then swoopes back. YOU CONSTRUCTION GUYS ARE IDIOTS! :angry: :evil: :devil:

It's called a heartline.

El Toro looks :airtime: .

Sorry about that. :oops: Still don't get it though. :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!