The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1186: Preview of Knott's Boysenberry Festival
Users viewing this topic: laqueefa and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

^ Ohhhhhhhhh :lover: stop teasing us!

Besides any future (?) West Coast Bash weekends, I must get to this, at least once.

I also read at the site...

Wine and Craft Brew Garden*

As part of the festival, the Wine and Craft Brew Garden, located inside of Ghost Town’s Wilderness Dance Hall, offers 4 craft brews and over 50 different wines from 36 producers including boysenberry beer and boysenberry wine. The wine selections represent 27 renowned wine regions from 8 countries. The wine program was curated to offer a little of everything, from the latest trends in blends and small production wines, to adventurous selections from up & coming wine regions, as well as bold domestic & import classics for the more discerning wine aficionado. Just outside of the Dance Hall, towering sculpted topiaries provide shade during warm spring days and twinkle brighter than stars at night. A convenient tasting card is available for only $25, which includes 6 tastings paired with snacks.
Boysenberry-Festival.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Oh wow. Okay, now I have to start planning a trip back to L.A. in the spring.... I need more boysenberries in my life.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Wildfire
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Silver Dollar City 3. Holiday World 4. Knott's Berry Farm 5. Cedar Point

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

^ After knowing about this from previous years, I figure it won't be (for myself) until 2019, where
I can do both events down that way, in one year - West Coast Bash (I hope still going?) and this.

But it will be worth the wait! Once again. Yum.

Not to mention experiencing Star Wars Land... just before it officially (soft?) opens.... and later on, after it does.

:mickey:

(Note to self. Bring the huz-bear to the BoysenBerry Fest. Then later, do WCB and SWL solo.)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby hauntguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:32 pm

DoubleDown wrote:Does anybody here think VR is really ever going to take off?

I know the parks dig it because it's a cheap attraction they can play off as something cool, but does anyone actually really like it?

All this VR crap is making me sick, not only because it's such a stupid gimmick, but also because I don't care for it at all. It's not needed and I don't recall anyone complaining that there's not enough VR in the world. It seems like some cool 80's or 90's concept that companies keep trying to push but always falls short. It is all just a major inconvenience that for some reason the parks are believing is increasing attendance, but I just can't believe that is the case.

Instead of throwing VR on a coaster to screw up ride times, Knott's went with this.

It seems so stupid to me.

I still see VR being in its infancy that will soon give way to Augmented or Mixed Reality - essentially Google Glass that people will accept. When people have their own devices that they use daily, I see a coaster as just another thing to plug them into for an enhanced experience. I don't think that's a far-off thing. I'm still amazed at how quickly self-driving vehicles are being thrust at us. If we're all not driving soon, we are all going to need something to distract us.

Having to strap on a huge headset that was (hopefully) just cleaned and charged is definitely not sustainable. But my family always opts for the VR experience when riding coasters. The kids and I love it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 am

hauntguy wrote:I'm still amazed at how quickly self-driving vehicles are being thrust at us. If we're all not driving soon, we are all going to need something to distract us.

I profoundly disagree with this statement. Distraction is not a human need. The constant dopamine drip that comes from being bombarded constantly with stimuli is causing an epidemic of short attention spans. Attentiveness is a rarity these days, precisely because we've engineered everything to be so safe that you can fail to pay attention and still survive to tell the tale. That's a remarkable achievement in engineering, but with calamitous side effects.

I'm all for self-driving cars, and I will buy one as soon as they're legal and affordable. People simply aren't good at driving. Some are better than others, but driving requires a level of attentiveness that is simply impossible. Even someone fully paying attention with no unnecessary distractions is still going to encounter plenty of natural distractions--a louder than average engine, debris in the road, accidents, traffic jams. It's impossible to drive well when our brain is hard wired to automatically engage with any stimuli that seem to be predators, food, or a mate.

So in this world that pushes multitasking at us something fierce, a great escape from that world is to engage in something that fully demands your singular attention. That's what roller coasters do for me. The experience is so intense that all the primitive instincts are engaged with the higher order functions. Your entire being is doing only one thing, and it's supremely relaxing. It's the exact opposite of everyday life. It's the best escape from the modern world.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Wildfire
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Silver Dollar City 3. Holiday World 4. Knott's Berry Farm 5. Cedar Point

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby SingleRiderCam » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:19 pm

https://twitter.com/knotts

Take your last ride on Boomerang during the Knott’s #BoysenberryFestival before the coaster closes forever on April 23.
C7Jk6mKV0AAz3Ox.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:28 pm.
Favorite Steel- 1.YOLOcoaster 2.Xcelerator 3.Kumba 4.Montu 5.Mako
Favorite Wooden- 1.Lightning Rod 2.Thunderhead 3.White Lightning 4.Ghost Rider 5.Giant Dipper (SCBB)
Favorite Parks- 1.Disneyland 2.Epcot 3.Dollywood 4.Unviersal's Islands of Adventure 5.Busch Gardens Tampa

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:20 pm

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b

Sorry. That's how filled with excitement I am. Please excuse me.

EDIT: Also, what surprises me is that they are closing it so early in the year. Could we get a new coaster in 2018?!
Steel: 119 -- Wood: 20 -- Total: 139

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Let the speculation begin! Maybe Knott's is finally getting their long rumored hyper coaster?
Coaster Count: 171 Last Coaster: Xcelerator
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Apollo's Chariot 9) Storm Runner 10) Griffon

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:31 pm

The real question is who is getting it. Dorney could put it in the Dino's Alive spot. That way it's right next to Stinger. :lol:
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick / El Toro / Skyrush / I305 / Phantoms Revenge /
Millennium Force / Storm Runner / Nitro / Volcano / Griffon

TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / Hershey / SFA

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:34 pm

boldikus wrote:The real question is who is getting it. Dorney could put it in the Dino's Alive spot. That way it's right next to Stinger. :lol:

It seems almost certain to me that Cedar Fair is gonna scrap this piece of sh**. I can't seem them pulling a Six Flags and moving a 27-year-old boomerang. But if they do move it, it is most certainly going to Dorney! :lmao:
Steel: 119 -- Wood: 20 -- Total: 139

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!